Hello from The Ozarks

-

mokid

Reaction score
I've been tinkering with MoPars for about 20 years. Do all my own work (body, paint, mechanics, etc). I'm currently building a 69 Dart (driver), 318, 2V, A_904, 7-1/4 diff. It won't be "vintage" or "restored", just a head turner. In the process of removing engine/trans so the engine bay can be painted. I'm going to try to rebuild the A904 myself, so will be asking lots of questions later (probably late Fall or Winter)

This looks like a great forum and I look forward to meeting many of you.

Jas

A most very hearty welcome. You came to the right place.

Oh yea, maybe I'll be the first to mention......pics, pics, pics, pics, ....etc.

Former Lake Ozark resident so I don't believe everything "they" say about the Brumley Family Tree. LOL

Welcome to FABO! Please don't use the baby 7 1/4 axle. There's gonna be a time when you're gonna want to rev that 318 and get on it...7 1/4 wont last. lol Anyways, please post pics, and have fun here!

-James

Welcome to FABO! Please don't use the baby 7 1/4 axle. There's gonna be a time when you're gonna want to rev that 318 and get on it...7 1/4 wont last. lol Anyways, please post pics, and have fun here!

-James

That's some really good advice, I think!

Since A-body 8.75" housings are in short supply (and thereffore, relatively expensive,) it might be a good idea to use a B-body housing, instead. Early B-body 8.75" housings are wider by a small amount, than the A-body units, but will fit if you move the spring pads about half an inch per side. Wheels with more backspacing can then be used to correct the overall width issue ( about 2", if I remember correctly.) B body houisings are plentiful, compared with the A-body units, and can ususally be found "reasonable." Seems like thw '65-'69 models were among the narrowest, but I don't remember the exact years on that. Maybe someone with a housing width list could help us out, here.:read2:

Once swapped, you have bigger brakes (wider shoes,) the larger bolt pattern axles, and a much stronger final drive than the 7.25"....

Such a deal!!!!:cheers:

Good luck with your Dart!!!

Bill

Welcome;I think you will find a lot of good people,good advise,and a lot of parts.Good luck with your build.Have fun!

Welcome to FABO! A lot of good people and info here. Some of us are in your neck of the woods. I went to school in Springfield, but live in KC now. Enjoy your build and the site!

welcome i only live around 30 miles from lake of the ozarks. I live by Fort wood.as has been said please show some pics of your car.thanks mopar65

Welcome from Northeast Arkansas :-D
And yes you have found one of the best of the best sites going for tec help and some great folks here.

I have a couple of complete 8-3/4 rear axle assemblies (complete w/brake drums) taken from late 60's Coronets lying in my shed. Did not realize it would be that simple to put one of them in A Body. Will follow up when the weather gets cold.......jas

Can't vouch for the correctness of this chart, but it's a starting point.

Good luck,

Bill

image02.jpg

You asked for it..........so brace yourself:
The Good: a) It's a MoPar b) It has lots of potential c) All steel is good, exterior, floor pans, trunk pans, etc. d) It is almost ready for paint....a bit of block sanding and filling remains.
The Bad: a) Lots of work remains to be done. Hope to get body painted & assembled before cold weather.
The Ugly: 1) Engine bay-- viewing for adult audiences only.

S6301234X2.JPG

S6301235X1.JPG

S6301243X1.JPG

S6301245X1.JPG

-
Back