Help! Doug's headers in 67 barracuda

-
I know this thread is about Dougs, but TTI says the Borgeson mounting holes must be elongated to .81 inches so the steering box can be moved away from the engine. This is for G3 Hemi swaps in A-bodies but could work here (Note #12 in their fitment notes).
Also some guys elongate the holes in the firewall plate to move the steering shaft away from the back corner of the left hand hemi head. (#7 cylinder)

Interesting, I thought about enlarging the holes, I elected not to not knowing the torque loads from steering over time/ loosening bolts. I guess the engine side of hole could be closed up though. It also looked to me like this move would also change the Pitman position/ angle- probably not a big deal, we gotta do what we gotta do sometimes.

I had same problem with dougs headers k member is 6cylinder motor bought kit to change6to8 what motor mounts should i use 67 cuda 360 motor the ones that came with kit sit to low THANKS

Might be apples to bananas, but I put Patriot headers on a '67 dart with a 360 and had the same fitment issues. Has a Borgeson box and just touched the box, and rubbed the torsion bar on the passenger side. Must be a virus.

No one ever mentions this, but your engine can be moved up and down almost 1/2" with lifting the engine up or letting it down with loosening the engine mounts at the engine block. May or may not help your issues, but seems like you have it done.

Thanks for the help .What headers cost you think they would come up with a better idea Any other ideas would be helpfull THANKS

My experience was similar in my 68 Notch,340, original K. To minimize dimpling the brand new Doug's I ground the Borgeson box, and shimmed the engine towards passenger side 1/4", (I then had to completely rework the air cleaner hole in my plenum!). I still need to dimple driver side header @ T bar. I had the driver side header in and out probably 10 times through this process. Hated the thought of dimpling but no choice, I chose a large socket covered in a thick towel for the dimpling. All of this worth it for good long tube headers.

20210408_102916.jpg

20201109_102226.jpg

20201109_113037.jpg

20201010_121826.jpg

20201010_150413.jpg

-
Back