Help me pick a color for my cuda! PLEASE PARTICIPATE!

What color do I paint my baby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

CudaJimmy

Okie Mopar NUT
Reaction score
I'm heading to Mexico today. I'm gonna post up a poll and see what you guys think on a color. I won't look at it again until Friday when I get back, and Saturday the car gets color.

Here's the particulars:

69 Barracuda NOTCHBACK. Not gonna use any pinstripes or factory formula stripes or anything. CLEAN PAINT JOB. Just the color and the chrome. No vinyl top. Has a 70's demon dual snorkel scoop mounted on the hood. It's got black and white interior....white buckets (no console), headliner, and door panels. The rest is black. Interior metal areas will be body color.

My cuda has a 440/727 but was an original 4 speed car. When I locate a hump for it, it's going back 4 speed. I've got 4 sets of wheels for it, depending on my mood. It wears: 15" Torquethrust "D's", 16" chrome/polished Torquethrusts, body color 15" (cop car) wheels, and Centerlines for the track. Has original chrome on it including bumpers, drip rails, door handles, etc. Basically a stock, clean, body. You get the picture. It's the car in my sig.

The car is originally B3 blue, but was repainted B5 blue in 1980. I'm NOT painting it either of these colors.

Here are my choices:

Hard to beat black and chrome. Justifies painting the engine bay black too.

I dont think that you could go wrong with any of the choices you listed.

Viper Blue would be my first choice. Viper Red is my second choice. I just can't picture it with yellow or orange both colors I really like. Silver is cool but really hard to make color look just right.

I'm sure it will turn out great no matter what color you use.

All were good choices. I figured it was already blue at one time,and maybe wanted a change. Yellow has my vote.

I kinda like the idea for Silver. You hardly EVER see second generation A's in Silver....But you'd have to do something with the interior.

I bet there is some members here that knows my pick
lemon twist , sunfire yellow ho my!!:cheers:

I agree with RedFish. I believe your white upholstery would look best with black paint. Just my opinion.

Of your choices I would say Silver.All the other colors are more common.But Black would look mean.
Jim

With a white interior, you gotta go with the red or blue. Don't care for black and white or silver and white, yellow and white, maybe. I used to have a 71 demon 340 that was "Electric Blue" which I think was B-7(?). A nice dark blue.

I voted for red and see that I'm in the minority. It would look awesome with a black and white interior, which btw is my favorite interior combo. I would paint the upper and lower door frames black, though. I would paint the dash frame black but would accent the inserts with red to tie it to the exterior.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
Dallas

Black and white interior ???????

MMMM-Think about it. If you really want something that will really stand out.

CURIOUS YELLOW !!

P8120103.jpg

-
Back