Help w/ new Project 6cyl to 273

-

johnmucci

moparmucci
Reaction score
HI, I just picked up another 66 dart gt. recently. It had a 225 slant 6 in it. that is now gone! I am building a 273 and I was told that all I needed were the correct 273 motor mounts and it would "bolt right in" to the k frame. Fact or Fiction??? thanks, John

thanks, is it also true that if you chose to put a 318 / 340/ 360 that you would then have to use a kit like schumacker??

Don't know that one. Ask Pettybludart (Scott) he just put a 408 I think in his 66.

thanks, is it also true that if you chose to put a 318 / 340/ 360 that you would then have to use a kit like schumacker??

To put a small block in, all you have to do is cut off the /6 motor mounts from the cross member. The motor mounts go through the elongated holes that are already in it. Just make sure you have the V8 center link.

I believe the 318 motor mount brackets are the same as the 273 and one side of the 340 and 360's are different.

You can modify the 273 factory mounts to put in any smallblock . You would need a V8 centerlink also if interested I have one for sale in the classifieds. Another thing you will need is A body manifolds to clear the steering. Depending on what year engine water pump you will have 2 radiator choices. Any other questions just ask.

-
Back