Hemi dart front wheel size?

-
Cal tracks I believe are best on a bracket car. Super Stocks better suited on a street car.
Lots of opinions out there for sure.
If you know anyone that has cal trac's or SS springs you may ask for a ride.
See what you like best before spending for frt brakes.

68 Hemi Barracuda
So they used A body spindles and B body Disc and hubs? Sorry I am missing something here.

No, the authenticity guide list parts for some b-body bendix parts being used but it is in error.
Long discontinued special KH parts were used.
The B body #s are Bendix made parts and are not compatible with the KH spindles like the guide would have you believe. Rotors are to large to be correct also.
I have seen 68-69 B-body disc spindles and brakes put on an A body but the parts are expensive and not correct so it is not a good option.

I should of said not a good option for a hemi clone.
They are a different style 4 piston caliper than what was used and required the large
ball joints to fit the B body spindle & caliper to the A body. Rotors
and pads can be a tough find as they were not used after 69.
Calipers are a rebuild the ones you have deal and are not being made new.
The A body I know of that had these Bendix brakes on it had the upper ball joint
repositioned inward for better caster and camber. Early A on a road course type
car. Never done this myself.

OK...this is getting way to complicated for my itty bitty brain...what I want to do is find the brake setup that I need on my hemi clone that looks the way it is supposed to look, works and give someone money, bolt it on and call it done. Is that even possible? If so could someone please give me a source to access. I am attempting to do one system at a time on this car...right now it is the front suspension and brakes. If it would be possible I would buy what I need to complete the front brakes and call it good. I do not have access locally for machine work and am not knowledgeable enough to put together what I need for a correct brake system so am willing to pay someone to give me what I need ready to bolt on. On this car I need the complete front suspension as it came with a QA 1 k-frame, big strange brakes and tubular suspension set up with big torsion bars... I just purchased a k-frame with mounts from Al in Wisconsin but need the rest of the suspension set up. Thanks.

Do a search for the ram man. He can set you up with the mustang rotor
KH conversion. Bolt on and go. This sounds like it is what you are looking for.
He is very helpful with any questions also. He is on YouTube with good explanations
also.

theramman.com
I have bought parts from him and have had no problems.
He machines the mustang rotors to work with the early mopar disc brakes
and sells as a complete kit or parts.
Best option available for a clone.

The front wheel size of a Hemi dart as delivered is: 14" x 5.5" JK (Black Enamel) part number 2534702. Check your parts books and you can see what this was used on.
Mark J
1968 Hemi S/S Registry

The front wheel size of a Hemi dart as delivered is: 14" x 5.5" JK (Black Enamel) part number 2534702. Check your parts books and you can see what this was used on.
Mark J
1968 Hemi S/S Registry
Thanks Mark

-
Back