Hemi Swap Checklist

-
My son cut the hump we just split it down the middle and opened it up then fitted and tacked in a piece over the top

IMG_4852.PNG

Have you found motor yet. If you get a pullout I think the truck motor is the easier one to use with k member because all accessories are up top. I feel your pain their are so many options and it all cost money your smart getting as much info as you can and can be overwhelming

No motor yet, that is why I like the Pace Performance 5.7 that they have.

My son cut the hump we just split it down the middle and opened it up then fitted and tacked in a piece over the top

Do you have any pictures of your floor shifter setup?

They seem to have higher prices on everything they sell those $10 dollar more items add up a lot real quick
Thats why we sell more of our Pace versions, which you haven't even posted. At least familiarize yourself with my offerings before you go on a mission to lead people away from them.

Looks to me like my 5.7 makes the same power as the factory 6.4, and you don't have to wire the intake open and pretend that doesn't effect mid-low range HP, or mount a truck gas pedal in the cabin.
DCC-68259164 - Pace Performance 5.7L HEMI 460HP Crate Engine

You are absolutely correct I do apologize for not showing everything. As matter of fact I called yesterday to get some 6.1 heads from you. I'm not set on one vender I think with more competition these prices should be coming down. I'm just looking out for the OP to let him know he has other choices he can buy a motor from you and buy the same regulator you have at $117 and go to autozone and get the same for $90. Or the Lokar shifter cable from speedway or Lokar for less. It's our money and most guys on the site come here to save what they can and don't just drop their car off at a shop and write a check.

You are absolutely correct I do apologize for not showing everything. As matter of fact I called yesterday to get some 6.1 heads from you. I'm not set on one vender I think with more competition these prices should be coming down. I'm just looking out for the OP to let him know he has other choices he can buy a motor from you and buy the same regulator you have at $117 and go to autozone and get the same for $90. Or the Lokar shifter cable from speedway or Lokar for less. It's our money and most guys on the site come here to save what they can and don't just drop their car off at a shop and write a check.

I offer member discounts, try to price match, etc. Most of what we offer is MAP based pricing, some odds and ends, are higher, some are lower.
The regulator you are referring to for $117 comes with adaptor fittings, and its a genuine GM piece. an offshore autozone filter with no fittings that will fail in a year is a better buy at $90?

I'm not going to argue with you over every red cent on my website, but i request that you do not try to discredit my offerings or efforts to help the forum without having all the information in front of you.
PACE Performance - PAC-9926 - Pace Pac EFI Fuel Filter with Regulator Package

I haven't discredited anything if your getting all butt hurt about it I'm sorry but when I get my heads from you we will find out. The OP has asked if anyone has bought your stuff and no one has replied So I replied with a vendor several people here have delt with. As far as the regulator from autozone I have had it 6 years and 50,000 plus miles on my car. No issues. If you want to continue this conversation I think we should move over to the LAST ONE TO POST WINS THREAD.

Ok Logan, you win, FYI i don't have any 6.1 heads, 5.7 eagle heads perhaps? so don't know what company you're calling. Good luck with your project.

Last edited:
And I did call there by the way and to give credit to where credit is due your customer service is great. The guy was very helpful and and gave me a few different options and emailed me a price list of different setups within 30 minutes. Very friendly guy which may have even been you his name was Johnny M. And thank you for your hospitality I do not want to discredit you or your company.

And I did call there by the way and to give credit to where credit is due your customer service is great. The guy was very helpful and and gave me a few different options and emailed me a price list of different setups within 30 minutes. Very friendly guy which may have even been you his name was Johnny M. And thank you for your hospitality I do not want to discredit you or your company.

CudaCheney email? about 5.7 eagle and non eagle heads?

LOL wow. its actually funny we didn't hit it off on here. You were emailing me. "Pace" is the company name. I'm the only Johnny here.lol
The heads we talked about are "eagle" heads which are the newer 5.7 heads, that actually flow as well as the 6.1's. Sorry for any confusion. thanks for the kind words about the service, and sorry if i mis-read anything. Let me know if/when on the heads. I'm all for anyone saving money, myself included, so if i'm higher on something i'll gladly look into it for anyone.

I look forward to doing business with you. Can't put all your eggs in one basket. Thanks for a good game if words with friends

I offer member discounts, try to price match, etc. Most of what we offer is MAP based pricing, some odds and ends, are higher, some are lower.
Damn.... I just ordered my power steering delete parts and fuel rails from you this week (haven't got them yet), I guess I should be watching for member discounts, I just never seem to think about it at the time!!

Damn.... I just ordered my power steering delete parts and fuel rails from you this week (haven't got them yet), I guess I should be watching for member discounts, I just never seem to think about it at the time!!
Hit me up next time I will take care of you for sure!

holley hp efi system and never look back. plug and play. load up the gen 3 hemi 5.7 tune and your done after a short drive in it. xfi i am no fan. efisource.com megasquirt kit is damn skippy as well.
older 5.7 with a set of eagle heads amd cam will be a beast over a 6.1 even.

holley hp efi system and never look back. plug and play. load up the gen 3 hemi 5.7 tune and your done after a short drive in it.
Where did you find the tune? I have the Dominator and a stock (for now) 6.1 that I will be firing soon but I have no tune as of yet and I live in mid Missouri.... no tuners here for the Hemi stuff that I have found. I'm willing to load up and go to KC or St. Louis but I would like to find the right tuner first.

Where did you find the tune? I have the Dominator and a stock (for now) 6.1 that I will be firing soon but I have no tune as of yet and I live in mid Missouri.... no tuners here for the Hemi stuff that I have found. I'm willing to load up and go to KC or St. Louis but I would like to find the right tuner first.
They are self learn. I think he just means "hemi settings" where you select the reluctor, and firing order. There is a Selection option for early hemi, late hemi, LS, Etc.

They are self learn. I think he just means "hemi settings" where you select the reluctor, and firing order. There is a Selection option for early hemi, late hemi, LS, Etc.
I didn't know that. I haven't "played" with the program yet but I was under the impression that everything had to be manually entered in the Holley programs.
Thanks for the info.

I didn't know that. I haven't "played" with the program yet but I was under the impression that everything had to be manually entered in the Holley programs.
Thanks for the info.
Nope, they self learn. You can fine tune them if you wish, but on the ones we have done, very little input is required. If i recall we had to play with the IAC frequency a tad, and that was probably only because we run the Manual TB on ours.

Nope, they self learn. You can fine tune them if you wish, but on the ones we have done, very little input is required. If i recall we had to play with the IAC frequency a tad, and that was probably only because we run the Manual TB on ours.
Good info... That takes alot off of my mind!
Thanks

-
Back