Hemi Yes or No

-
since were posting hemi build pictures i'll throw a few of mine up.

i have manley H beams in mine also w/ Diamond pistons
3109004.jpg

3109006.jpg

3109008.jpg

3109012.jpg

3109036.jpg

3709014.jpg
Very very nice!!! I use the same brand degree wheel pointer:p Cintas right??:laughing:

since were posting hemi build pictures i'll throw a few of mine up.

i have manley H beams in mine also w/ Diamond pistons
3109004.jpg

3109006.jpg

3109008.jpg

3109012.jpg

3109036.jpg

3709014.jpg

What rockers and covers are those? Also how is your hemi mounted and is there a Clarence issue on the pass value cover shock tower area?

I was wondering about the covers myself.I had to "customize" my chrome covers to clear the rockers:toothy3:

Attachments

• MISC 027.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 258
  • MISC 028.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 253
At least you guys can go out and look at your motors mines gonna be awhile hopefully get some spec's on the motor soon then start ordering the parts but custom pistons will take some time. I guess I will have to be patient but thats not in my nature. Only problem with having to wait on the motor is I can't get any of the other stuff I will need to put it in with. Anybody got a radiator suggestion.

26" from a B or E body big block....works for the Duster/Demon...should be the same for you....without the high compression...overheating should not be an issue....run a 180 or 160 degree stat (good qualitiy...not a Autozone cheapee)....one more thing...remember for a street car...please do not underdrive the pulleys...it slows down the waterpump at idle and creates those nasty overheating problems....

Cool as always great advice thanks. How is your car coming along, you gonna be able to drive it soon.

What rockers and covers are those? Also how is your hemi mounted and is there a Clarence issue on the pass value cover shock tower area?

its an original big block car and the hemi had wedge mounts so i just went that route to mount it. the rockers are BMS, there not in business anymore. Valve covers are indy. their big, so big i had to carve up my cross ram (note the patches in the plenum). stock valve covers will fit in a A-body without hitting the shock tower. If you run anything else, your gonna have to lay the passenger side tower back. not a real big deal. Stock valve covers and aftermarket rockers don't mix well, note HEMI-ITIS's picture.

my computer is broke, when i get if back i'll post a few pics of the shock tower.

What do you mean lay the tower back? I though just a small cut on the tower was need, but not relocating the shock.

Well looks like the machine shop is backed up going to be another couple weeks before we get to ordering the pistons then probably another 3-4 weeks for them so looks like a long slow road but at this point I guess I can wait a little longer. I just would like drive this thing instead of look at. Hemi's rule!!!!

Just an update will be putting motor together with the stock cast heads for now, should be fine, got a little suprise when I tore into the rear this weekend someone had mig welded the sleve behind the bearing and heated the axel, so much for those axels. I also needed to get a new fuel tank because it was leaking, and of course all the appropriate other parts sending unit gaskets and such. In the end my quick cheap update to my rearend will cost around 4k instead of $1500.00 but thats updating the ladder bars, adding coil overs, back bracing Dana, new axels, new 31x12.5 Hooser Pro Street tires, so at least I will know what I have back there.

I have been contimplating Stage V Heads but I will wait on them for a while since I still have plenty of spending to do on the other bits to put this project together.

Motor will be .045 over 9.5 to 1 compression, eagle rods, Diamond pistons, cast Heads (stock), custom cam, inline MP intake with Edelbrock carbs, new ARP bolts. Should be a nice little street Hemi. Shooting for around 475 - 500hp with @ 550tq, cam will be setup with out much overlap so as to keep this thing from cooking the headers and my feet.

Progress is being made, just slowly but I think my engine guy will be getting it done soon so he dosen't have me changing my mind any more. OOps I don't know why I have been so wishy washey on this motor, I guess I keep seeing all these big nasty motors running around here and it gets my brain spinning. Its all good just need to get back to basics and finish this thing.

Or they can be turds that won't get out of their own way if set up wrong. Hoping to avoid that.

But they sure are cool.

-
Back