Here it is... '71 Dodge Demon "Sizzler"

-
Great find RPM my mother bought a new 71 demon sizzler in red 318 car as well. Hers was bucket seat on the column car. Great solid find Congrats to you and continue the good work. Matt

Great find and great save.Looks real solid for a bush baby 20 years old. Start a thread if ya get serious about a build.8)

Did the Sizzlers come with the painted grill surround?

Only three colors got the grille paint treatment.
Hemi Orange
Plum Crazy
Lemon Twist

The rest of the color line got normal grille paint.

Great score and looks very solid. Good luck with it.

Yup, that is one sweet deal. Too bad it can't stay in your family. I have never seen one around here either. Looks rust free to me. Whats up with the 340?

Yeah super neat find. Lots of nice, rust free metal on there. 8 3/4 rear? Was that the standard rear on the 318 Sizzlers and Twisters? Looks like the original rear end in the photo.

Way COOL!
Besides I just can't get enough of the name SIZZLER!
Besides sounding cool for a bada$$ car, it remides me of BACON!8)

Really nice car!:cheers:

Here's mine.

71 Demon 1.JPG

71 Demon 3.JPG

71 Demon 5.JPG

71 Demon 6.JPG

Awesome score! Sizzlers are neat cars, especially those with the painted grill. That one is definitely worth restoring. If you don't keep it, make sure it finds a good home.

(I have a front bumper core for a 71 I'd sell reasonably).

Dartnut. Way cool. I notice that the one you have doesnt have the dual sport mirrors. Must be different options. I only heard of these cars... never saw one live until now.

hmmm.... further investigation on the car shows that the rear axle wheel bolt pattern is LARGE BOLT pattern. Methinks someone hath done some tinkering in the rear end somewhere along the line. The front end still sports the SBP.

-RPM

Thanks, RPM.
Mine has a 7 1/4 rear in it with 10" drums all the way around (sbp). It had the dual standard chrome mirrors on it new, I'll go with the painted sport mirrors like yours though.
It looks to be a lot rougher than yours, but there isn't a lot of rust on it, some in the quarters and that's it. The grille was gone as well as the rf fender and bumper when i got it, i saved it from being parted out further and then eventually crushed. That was in the early '90s.

I've never seen a Sizzler in person either that I can remember. I think total, I've seen maybe 10 of them online over the years. I'll try to see if I have any pics saved and start a new thread showing Sizzlers. Maybe we can see how many we know of collectively.

IMO, this is one of the non hi-po cars that is worthy of a restoration in this poor market (not that the love of the car shouldn't be the primary reason.)

There was a '71 318 Demon Sizzler recently for sale in Michigan, was parked in 1978. The exterior was EV2, had dual painted sport mirrors, and owner had removed the 318, replaced with a strong 340. I called about the car, but it was sold within a few hours of first being put up for sale. The car was listed on Moparts A bodies for sale.

These are interesting cars no doubt, and being a Demon too, is icing on the cake!

Did some more work on the Demon. Found out that the 318 motor is more then likely the original. It has a 71 date code. Found the 8 3/4 is actually a 741 case and a one legger. Did some clean up work on the floor boards removing the 20 year dust collection. I still cant believe how solid this car is. Just minor surface rust.... very minor.

P1030342.jpg

P1030345.jpg

P1030346.jpg

the floor shifter was one that someone added and will be coming out of the car in the next few days.

-RPM

Did some more work on the Demon. Found out that the 318 motor is more then likely the original. It has a 71 date code. Found the 8 3/4 is actually a 741 case and a one legger. Did some clean up work on the floor boards removing the 20 year dust collection. I still cant believe how solid this car is. Just minor surface rust.... very minor.

the floor shifter was one that someone added and will be coming out of the car in the next few days.

-RPM

Hey RPM Check out this original SIZZLER ad! (Sorry couldn't help it!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vint...00444991067QQptZMotorsQ5fManualsQ5fLiterature

Have a good one!:read2:

That would sure make one sweet ride for someone--hope it stays in the Boise area so we can keeptrack of it. Keep me posted. I sent your post to Kevin--see if you get a hit?

Just how rare are '71 Demon sizzlers?
I've got one in similar shape, was a F7 with a F7 interior, 318 column auto bench seat car maybe a little rougher than yours, you could eat off the floor pans!
I know they are Dodge's answer to the Duster twister.
Is it really worth keeping it original?
I'm going to start working on it this spring.
when my son was 9 my dad a dealer in cars of all sorts from way back,let me buy a very nice '71 dodge demon sizzler off him for my boy. we did nothing to it-turns out he likes mustangs. if the offer was tasty enough we might sell but i dont know what its worth

I have a 72 Demon Sizzler..am restoring to original. Has the 318 motor...debating on selling it

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 369
Yeah super neat find. Lots of nice, rust free metal on there. 8 3/4 rear? Was that the standard rear on the 318 Sizzlers and Twisters? Looks like the original rear end in the photo.

I wonder too. I got my 8 3/4 out of an all original (But being parted out) Duster Twister..........2:76 peg legger. By the way super nice Sizzler you got there8)

-
Back