• garage 2009 086.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_2017.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 308
  • Alexander.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 337
  • tn.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 313
Hey Tony.....Awesome thread!!! thanks for reminding me about it because I had forgot all about wanting to make a post.

Great pictures and story's so far everyone!!!

Anyhow, there is another thread related to what I am currently posted so if anyone wants any details on it than check it out.

but for now Ill poss up the pictures and what not.

Here are the pictures and the article of when Me and my 4 year old boy made it into Mopar Muscle Magazines December 2010 issue with the Duster!

MoparMuscleMagcover1.jpg

MoparMuscleMagarticlelarge1.jpg

Headline says " TEACHING THE WAYS "

With the numbers of restorable, cool classics dwindling down, we're all forced to make room for the up-and-comers in the hobby. Sometimes we just provide them with our cars we have passed over. it's the desire to build something from rags to riches with these mopars that we find the spark of this hobby. Jerrod Darrow, this month's Young Gun, Should be the poster child for Mopar revival. Not only was he raised to love mopars, he's teaching his son to follow in his footsteps.
Currently, Jerrod's weapon of choice is this '72 Duster . He's owned it for about a year, and it has become a three-generation family project. " I wanted to get my 3-year old son started early in the hobby so he can appreciate classic cars before there aren't many left."
What an excellent one to start with, too. early '70s A-bodies are easy to find parts for, and pretty much everything you can think of is available.

Jerrod knew that the Duster was the car of choice for this task, and after some extensive searching he found this one. " Sure enough , it was less than a mile from my house, and parked behind a young kid's garage," he says. After the exchange of American currency went down, the happy family packed it up and brought it home. The project is nothing short of impressive. The 318-powered Duster now under the knife to undergo a transformation. The Honey Dew Gold exterior and gold interior were the first to be terminated. "we're working on converting the interior to black while we finish the body work before it's sprayed with Plum Crazy.

After new life was misted onto the A-Body, a '67 318 was bored .030-inch over and a new crankshaft was installed. Ont top, an Edelbrock intake manifold and carburetor were bolted on, accompanied by long tube headers. To finish things off, the engine was painted Hemi orange. " I consider myself a bargain hunter because i find treasure in what most would consider trash," he claims. " I would buy a lot of used parts and then clean them up and paint them to look like brand new again."

Sitting behind the healthy LA is a 904 three-speed automatic and an 8 3/4 rear end with a 4.10 Sure Grip differential. To add to the aesthetic appeal even further, staggered 14-inch front and 15-inch rear Rally wheels were thrown on.

we're happy to see 23-year-old Jerrod making this a big family project. It's also great to see how far it has come in such a short , dedicated year. He plans to have the whole car done by fall of 2010.
We wish you the best! Maybe in 10 or so years, we'll be writing about your son here in Young Guns!

My little helper
Now 3 years old, She has to give the race car a big hug and kiss before she goes to bed every night.

Attachments

• BOBBI PISTOL GRIP.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_0231.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 287
Here are some of my daughter in 2009 and 2010. Jayson

Attachments

• DSCN5348.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 270
  • DSCN5892.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 270
Here's my daughter back when she was seven and my son from last year. They're both working on their own projects.

05_Lots_o_Sparks.JPG

06_Dean_Welding.jpg

Guys,I see some serious problems coming up with these kids when they are 16 years olds,the boys wanting the car for a drive,and the girls taking the car and what type of guys they bring home,do they like the daughter or the car,or both,issues either way,mrmopartech

i can't find the pics i have of him with the mopars, but this is my boy

Attachments

• 0503101719a.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 273
  • jame working.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 266
DITTO!

I had a shot of my lil'guy setting up dualquads this past summer, but I can't find it. I know it's here someplace.......:eek:fftheai:

Anyway, with screw gun taking screws out of a AFB and working in the Duster scraping up rust for seam sealer.

YES! WORK he did!

Attachments

• 100_1840.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 264
  • 100_1839.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 263
  • 000_0007.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 268
  • 000_0002.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 298
  • 000_0003.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 263
I had to go through a thousand pictures to find one of my " Here's what it's all about " pictures .

This is my oldest daughter Kimberly she hasn't changed much since than .
She's thirteen years old now......and will always be daddy's wicked "Little lime-green Witch" !!!

Attachments

• Scan_Pic0020 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 240
Hey do these guys qualify? My twins :)

Attachments

• IMGP1143_resize.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 217
These are great. I have pics of my kids "driving" as well. They love calling the Duster "their" car. I also have them listed as owners on the show board.
They really dig that. I am a advocate in "Take a kid to a car show" day. Pull these young minds away from the electronic gadgets and gizmos and let them go enjoy some history. I find they all enjoy it.

-RPM

Two of my grandchildren was here the evening I installed my new Coil, ECU and ruffed in aluminum plate for a visit :cheers:
They like hanging outside with me and enjoyed setting in Victoria.
I had the camera there at the time Tony so I went for a couple pictures to share here. It was a beautiful day on the hill and nice and warm.
I hid the beer and burnt the box before they got there :D

Just me alone all day and it felt sooooo good to see them.
Papaw has a cool car, just ask her :flower:

Attachments

• Picture 222 019.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 220
  • Picture 222 020.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 204
  • Picture 222 021.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 214
who is this man "tony fields"???????????????????????????????

LET ME TELL YOU.

tony, i do not know you very well, but seen this thread, and it is awesome. then, i wanted to see who was the poster of this thread..................... of course, it is from a man that undoubtedly has sacrificed thousands of dollars worth of items, to other members of this site. i for one, know for a fact, just how sly you were about it, it was not your first time giving away very valuable parts.

so here is where i suck up my pride, and tell you how i feel, and to let you know that all the great deeds you do for people, with wanting nothing in return, are what probably lets you sleep so great at night!.lol

i wish there were million of other people like you in this world. at one time, i am sure there was. my grandfather was one. but society as we know it, is in a downward spiral.
recently, there was a thread on here about holding the door open for a lady. yea, picture that today. it has gotten so bad, that the women today do not even exspect it anymore.
you are a great guy, and are huge asset to this site. i hope that one day in my travels, of cruising, or a mopar show somewhere, or something, that our paths cross.

THIS POST IS NOT BECAUSE OF A FREE PART.................... i post this, because after i think about it, and how it played out, that you knew that from the very moment i asked you about the part, you knew you would not only be giving it to me, but even paying for the shipping on top of it? i am lost for words to show my appreciation.

my two young-ins love to help me with the cars, and i try to teach them right from wrong, and to resist all the tamptations of life, but they are still young yet. but if i cannot keep them intrested in the positive stuff in life, then it may lead them to negitivity.
sorry if i am all over with my post. i like to write what is on my mind at that very second. THANK YOU TONY

who is this man "tony fields"???????????????????????????????

LET ME TELL YOU.

tony, i do not know you very well, but seen this thread, and it is awesome. then, i wanted to see who was the poster of this thread..................... of course, it is from a man that undoubtedly has sacrificed thousands of dollars worth of items, to other members of this site. i for one, know for a fact, just how sly you were about it, it was not your first time giving away very valuable parts.

so here is where i suck up my pride, and tell you how i feel, and to let you know that all the great deeds you do for people, with wanting nothing in return, are what probably lets you sleep so great at night!.lol

i wish there were million of other people like you in this world. at one time, i am sure there was. my grandfather was one. but society as we know it, is in a downward spiral.
recently, there was a thread on here about holding the door open for a lady. yea, picture that today. it has gotten so bad, that the women today do not even exspect it anymore.
you are a great guy, and are huge asset to this site. i hope that one day in my travels, of cruising, or a mopar show somewhere, or something, that our paths cross.

THIS POST IS NOT BECAUSE OF A FREE PART.................... i post this, because after i think about it, and how it played out, that you knew that from the very moment i asked you about the part, you knew you would not only be giving it to me, but even paying for the shipping on top of it? i am lost for words to show my appreciation.

my two young-ins love to help me with the cars, and i try to teach them right from wrong, and to resist all the tamptations of life, but they are still young yet. but if i cannot keep them intrested in the positive stuff in life, then it may lead them to negitivity.
sorry if i am all over with my post. i like to write what is on my mind at that very second. THANK YOU TONY

Thank you very much for the comments. And yes, I knew what was going
to happen from the beginning, that is except for getting this post...you put
a lump in my throat buddy and again I thank you for that.

Now lets see the young-ins :flower:driving the Mopar:iconbigg:

ok, here is my goofballs...................

my children do not hate any brand car(yet.lol) and i want them to have their own personallity. we can drive down the road, and my daughter hear a nice rumbling exaust, and says "daddy, that car has to be so fast" i ask her why.. " cause it has THAT rumble, and it is blue!". now, it could be a mustang! but i hold that back.lol
so after we leave the light, they yell at me to go fasdter and faster, and that the car is beating us.lmao, then i go to pass the car, and my daughter will always put a smile on my face when she says" its ok, dad, you got the fastest car in the whole wide world" rofl. i know that is not true, but i won't burst her bubble.lol

Attachments

• 023.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 225
  • 021.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 245
  • 020.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 274
  • 018.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 252
  • 017.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 241
What an awesome thread. It makes me sad because I cannot contribute. I tried and tried through the years to get my son's interest sparked, but he went the other way around every turn. I envy all of you tremendously.

What an awesome thread. It makes me sad...

Stroker, I was sitting here watching this thread thinking the same thing, but for different reasons. Katie didn't live long enough for me to introduce her to the hobby. A week from tomorrow is the 8th anniversary of her death.

Then I think of my sister's kids, Stephanie and Jamison. I've had a big part in raisin' em. Steph's my girl and she knows it. Jamison, well, if you've seen his build thread, you've seen this pic:

View attachment 729.JPG

I don't have any pics of Steph at work, but when she was 7 or 8 years old (she's 22 now) she'd beg her mom to go to the shop and work. I'd throw a dust mask on her and set her to work leveling filler.

She's not in a mopar yet but she has the right idea. This is my granddaughter who will be two next month. Both my sons have car/truck fever just like their dad. My oldest memory is being about 5yrs old at my aunts house. Her husband was building a Model a pickup and he would put my cousin and I into the bed and let us sand the rust off the cab. We thought we were doing something good when in reality it was easier for the adults to keep an eye on us there. That experience had a profound affect on me. I love streetrods and have been a bodyman for 27 yrs. this thread is awesome.

Attachments

• 60171_155624957790668_100000294932491_413207_3227102_n.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 197
  • 60957_155624624457368_100000294932491_413206_6245676_n.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG00033.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 213
-
Back