Hi all - New to A Bodies

-

peteyg

Reaction score
Hi everyone! My name is Pete. I just recently left the Jeep world and have decided to get back into cars. I have wanted a Dart for a long time, and just bought a 1973 Dart Swinger (sorry for the crappy pics - I just bought it on CraigsList and am taking delivery next weekend).

It's a project for sure, but I'm super happy. Hopefully I will have into driver status by summer.

I'm sure I will have LOTS of questions....stay tuned...

Attachments

• petes dart front.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 236
  • petes dart rear.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 244
  • petes dart engine.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 239
  • petes dart interior.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 234
Welcome aboard, Pete. Looking forward to seeing your work on that Dart, congrats.

welcome to the site! what are your build plans?

Fairly mild. It comes with a set of headers (not installed, brand unknown at the moment). I'm gonna put on a edelbrock Performer 4 barrel manifold with a carter carb (a friend happens to have that combo available from his 318 Duster), magnaflow dual exhaust with crossover (not sure on the dump yet...I think it'll be out the sides in front of the rear wheels, but I may take it all the way out back), and probably 245/60R15 tires of some sort (maybe goodyear, probably BFG). I think I want either Cragar SS Chrome wheels, or Torque Thrusts - (not decided yet). I work in the off-road industry, but most of our vendors also make car parts, so finding stuff should be easy.

Being in CA, it's smog exempt (for now), so I'll do a smog delete.

The car will be painted Wango Tango Orange (or whatever they call that new metallic orange from ChryCo that they're putting on the 2011 Jeeps).

Interior will be mostly stock, but of course it has to have a thumpin' stereo. Keeping the column shifter, and hoping to find a split bench for the front. Looking for stock AC stuff. The PO took all that off, but I want AC.

Suspension will be stock height (for now).

The goal is to have a nice driver.

Welcome from Alabama! I'd caution aganst flowmasters and side dump, unless you like it REALLY loud! I've got a pick-up with that combo (Delta44s) and it sounds great, except when I leave for work in the mornings. Some people love it, and it is your car, just a warning.

Welcome from Alabama! I'd caution aganst flowmasters and side dump, unless you like it REALLY loud! I've got a pick-up with that combo (Delta44s) and it sounds great, except when I leave for work in the mornings. Some people love it, and it is your car, just a warning.

Ha...I know all about flowmasters and loud. My neighbors hated it when I would start the Jeep and move it around.

My 'Burb has a full flowmaster system on it, too. I love it. But magmaflow is easily available, so that's what I'm getting. :)

Welcome Pete, Enjoy the great folks and outstanding tec's we have here.
So happy you found your Dart :thumleft: a big plus=V8 in it Congratulations:love10:

Welcome to FABO from another SoCal member, Pete. You're going to have fun here.
PM sent to you.

Ken (ocdart)

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll start a build thread in the restoration section once I pick it up (Sunday). It will be a Resto-Mod, but should be fun. Nothing fancy, just fun to drive. I'm hoping to give it to my little girl in 8 years when she turns 16. She'll get to help work on it the whole time (she grew up with me in the garage while I built my Jeep...even at 8 she's no stranger to power tools....).

I have another semi-project car that will probably get sold before it gets off the ground to help fund this one.

Welcome, This is a Great Forum, Tons of INFO!!:thumleft::thumleft:

-
Back