Hi. My name is Patrick

-

Patrick's74Custom

Reaction score
Just bought a 1974 Dart Custom. It really is beautiful! There are zero door dings. Kind of like driving a boat and I love the turn indicaters on the hood. I drove it home (3.5 hours) on the interstate 80 MPH no problem. All original except it did have a paint job/ bodywork done in 2008. It was entered in car shows and had a few trophies. Maybe the previous owner was a member on here?
It only has 45,000 original miles on it. It was obviously well cared for, the interior looks like a brand new car! The vinyl top is MINT. It has a 318 that really sounds nice. I'm having the mechanic check it over, he said it needs a fuel filter(he believes it was never changed) oil change, and a brake is sticking on the front. Only thing that doesn't work is the AM radio :(
I will try and post some more pics tomorrow. Thanks and I look forward to learning and helping when I can.

Dude! Welcome aboard. I am LMAO cause that car looks great and your "I drove it 3.5 hours home" seemed like a trail by fire statement. Good luck with the car. It looks reallllly good.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to FABO

Your car looks like a time capsule. Congrats :cheers:

Yes I guess the 3.5 hour trip mention was kind of dramatic. Since these pics from the previous owner were from the top of Mt Washington for his second time haha!

LOL, it was....but I guess it is in good shape then!

welcome glad to see another 73/74 around here those cars looks so diffrent with the extra 2 doors

Welcome to FABO from the opposite corner of the country - SoCal. You're going to have fun here.
Great looking 'more-door'!

Thanks everyone! I've been checking out the site and four doors are definitely the minority here! I love the look of the two doors, it looks like a completely different car! I guess mine is more of a cruiser haha.

There are quite a few of us on here with More Door Darts. Regardless of the door count, your Dart is beautiful. I hope to have mine back to such awesome condition someday!

Welcome to FABO!

Great find, beautiful Dart, and welcome you will love it here. Great People and very helpful.
Brad

-
Back