Hi.

-
Welcpme aboard :cheers: and we think so to, Jump on in and enjoy the great folks that make this site so helpful and entertaining place
Especially our MoPar addictions :-D
Did you enjoy Monster Mopar Weekend this year in your area ?

Welcpme aboard :cheers: ~snip~Did you enjoy Monster Mopar Weekend this year in your area ?

Thanks, memike!

And sadly, no. I've missed the last two years, actually. It's usually on my to-do list though...

Thanks also, RedFish and bo70. :)

Thanks, folks!

As I look around in here, I see quite a bit of activity...and there's a lot of these fora I haven't even peeked at yet! Forgive me if my old, addled brain takes a while to become acquainted with the members here, and/or respond a bit more regularly to posts. I'm not 'zackly a noob to forums, and I'm a hunt-n-peck typist; that slows me way down. Even more than I naturally am, that is. hehheh

Bit o' history, if you'd like. I grew up kinda trailer trash, on Florida's Gulf Coast. (And damned proud of it! I'm a country boy, all the way). My old man turned me on to MOPAR when I was quite young. Many of the first cars I ever drove were Chrysler products, though he had little use for "muscle cars". Dad preferred Chrysler 300's and old New Yorkers. I drove a '55 New Yorker (331 Hemi car, iirc...shifter and rear view mirror on the dash, no Park position), when I was very young. Also, DeSoto was a common sight in our driveway.

My senior year in high school was powered by a '64 Chrysler 300 (not a letter car), buckets, console, and square steering wheel. :) 383 2 bbl. THAT was my first actual personal MOPAR. Black with white interior. I really wish I still had that car. It was so cool!

Anyway. FF to now...I've been through a few cars since then. Right now, I have only a basket-case '66 Charger, 383 Auto. Factory A/C car. But I've always been an A Body fan more than the boats. Not that the big cars are bad...heck, my '68 Runner was one of my favorites over the years, until a 77 year old man ran a stop sign and I plowed into the side of his Ford. A ride in a friend's '70 'Cuda 440 6 pack car was my undoing...the small cars were mine after that. What a rocket that little scooter was!

Anyhoo...my dilemma is whether to keep the old (rough) Charger and try to restore it, or to rob from Peter to pay Paul, find a fairly clean Dart somewhere (my preference) and build myself an A-Bod streeter by sticking the Charger's big block and tranny in it. Always been a fan of small car, big engine, but as I understand it, some of the originals (as in, say, GTS Darts) were actually slower (1/4 et, I mean) with the big engines than with the smaller 340's. Technology has perhaps changed that today, and part of my reason for being here is to sort out the nuts and bolts of it to help me make a decision.

One thing about it...I love cars. Especially old MOPAR's. I'm an independent mechanic by trade (technician if you prefer), but I work on stock factory vehicles, no real performance stuff. My forte' at work is powertrain management, emissions failures, and the like.

Don't know if I can add anything to the threads I see here, but I'll keep looking around, and if I can help, I'll be more than glad to. You folks seem to have a real good handle on things, so I expect I'll do more learning than helping!

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Bob

Hey Bob -
Welcome to FABO! You're going to like it here. Looking forward to your additions to the wealth of Mopar knowledge already on the site.

Welcome Bob.
Well there is plenty of info for whatever you want to do with an A-body, from /6 to the Gen-3 hemi's. Have a seat and look around. Nothing like window shopping from your seat in the house.
Oh and for your hunt-n-peck typing you sure do type a lot. :)

-
Back