Highest flowing sbm heads?

-
Why don’t you do us both a big favor and hit the ignore button under my name. If you can’t figure out how to do it start another post so you don’t ruin this one. Still waiting to see a picture of your car. Lol
Don't worry. I don't need a button to ignore you. I've been largely doing that from the start.

Don't worry. I don't need a button to ignore you. I've been largely doing that from the start.
I guess I won't find it to shocking or ironic that you aren't making friends with the guys that I know for a fact on here KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.......oh well as the saying goes....birds of a feather flock together.......

.....says the guy who BOUGHT a $16000 engine....
Oh my gosh....really???? I meant to the point in my life.....I also buy my milk at the grocery store and hamburger.....does that make me bad, I go to Walmart and buy work pants and body wash....does that make me bad, I will apologize to those who mine up all their steel ore and forge their own blocks and heads/cranks, etc. as I am truly not worthy.....I guess the 500,000 other guys in the country that buy engines from builders are losers in your eye too? How about having to pay to get machine work done? More losers? You sir are my hero as I will openly admit I have never met a person who is 100% self sufficient like yourself....my deepest respect.

.....says the guy who BOUGHT a $16000 engine....
Jealous much??? I love it and so much so that i had another one done and 2 more as we speak are being built and they are all such badass engines that you and your homies can't sustain your jealousy but it's cool i'm not mad I would be jealous too if I couldn't play with the grown ups.

That's all about to change.
Yes right from the get go along with W8's but to be reasonably sure I think that a P7 head will outperform both of those 2 at max effort levels.....pretty sure....not 100% sure

Jerry Arnold( you may not have heard of him, but national record holder in comp eliminator, extremely respected head porter, yada, yada…Rest in peace)….had a P7 head on his bench a few years back…busted 400 cfm… he was amazed by how nice those heads are.
I have heard several high end guys say it has more potential than any other small block head.
I suspect the fact the R5 was such a short decked creature, and nothing else existed to bolt it to( until now with a Ritter block) that the likely hood of people throwing together a big inch P7 combo kinda passed the market by.
Don’t know of any such efforts undertaken, maybe Kent Ritter would know

Jerry Arnold( you may not have heard of him, but national record holder in comp eliminator, extremely respected head porter, yada, yada…Rest in peace)….had a P7 head on his bench a few years back…busted 400 cfm… he was amazed by how nice those heads are.
I have heard several high end guys say it has more potential than any other small block head.
I suspect the fact the R5 was such a short decked creature, and nothing else existed to bolt it to( until now with a Ritter block) that the likely hood of people throwing together a big inch P7 combo kinda passed the market by.
I saw the block for the P7 at the Indy show......definitely a high end type build with killer potential and I think moving forward you will see more and more guys go down that road.....BUT never with a stock block:rofl:

I guess I won't find it to shocking or ironic that you aren't making friends with the guys that I know for a fact on here KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.......oh well as the saying goes....birds of a feather flock together.......

If he won’t then I will. I use that ignore button a little differently. I still read their posts but if they need something or help it comes in handy no oblo espanol.

Ya but we’ve been down this road before. We are strong and will survive what they throw at us. Market prices come and go, good days and bad.
No we haven't and not even close. Nothing you have seen in your lifetime even remotely comes close and I'm not exaggerating.

I could be mistaken but there was a black altered at Norwalk a few years ago running this combo (P7) several years ago. My son pointed him out to me. We talked in the lanes and he told me all the stuff he made and manufactured for it. That engine lacked torque but man did it love rpm. It had a totally different sound to it from the water box out. It may have been one of the other Nascar engines as it’s been years. Probably around the time the big block Mopar TrickFlow heads came out.

I could be mistaken but there was a black altered at Norwalk a few years ago running this combo (P7) several years ago. My son pointed him out to me. We talked in the lanes and he told me all the stuff he made and manufactured for it. That engine lacked torque but man did it love rpm. It had a totally different sound to it from the water box out. It may have been one of the other Nascar engines as it’s been years. Probably around the time the big block Mopar TrickFlow heads came out.
There was a Duster at our local track a few years ago with a Nascar Truck engine in it. Like you said, it sounded like no other. It was tough to hook and drive because of the high rpm horsepower.

yep. Guy at 131 runs one in a dragster, runs 5 flat.
remember these are only 358 inches.
Now that Ritter has a tall deck block to fit under them, you could build a 400-450 inch type deal to run them on top of.
Most guys( probably like the guy you saw) run them as ran on the circle track, either 12 or 13 to 1, mild lobes, etc, etc.
A guy could put a drag race roller in a Ritter type deal, more compression, etc, etc and make super serious steam.
Nobody I know of has, the pistons and ring packs are trick and expensive, among other things, so they just swap them into stuff in circle track trim.
local buddy ran one in his 68 Dart a few years back, went 143-144 mph, and it wasn’t fully sorted out. 358 inches.
Bondo Bob and several other Folks made adapter to run 727/904 behind them

You classify the g3 HEMI as it’s own block category. OK
Is the block big or small? The physical size. In your eyes.

If it can or can’t share parts with any other engine is not here or there. It doesn’t matter if it can or can’t. Just simply the block size is the question.

Thanks

It’s classified like Ford stuff. You have the FE big block series of engines and the you have the 385 series with the 429/460 engines.

The G3 Hemi is just that. It’s not a small block and it’s not a big block. It’s a marketing anomaly that Daimler or whoever owned the once mighty Chrysler Corporation milked for all its worth.

Did anyone ever wonder WHY no other company (in the US anyway) ever bothered with a Hemi? They could have, and yet they didn’t.

There are reasons for that. What’s sad is Drag Boss Garage (Tim Halsted) just had Darin Morgan do another webinar where he explains this in some detail. And he did it for free.

I suspect that by late January 2023 (maybe sooner) you will see two, maybe three actual Ford Pro Stockers. Clint Neff is killing it in Comp Eliminator with a cylinder head that Morgan developed.

Even more sad is that yesterday Uncle Tony dropped a YouTube video about combustion chambers and HE understands more about this stuff than some of the guys arguing here in this thread.

He gets that the chamber matters, especially at OVERLAP, where **** starts happening IF you know what you are doing.

That UT video is worth watching.

It’s classified like Ford stuff. You have the FE big block series of engines and the you have the 385 series with the 429/460 engines.

The G3 Hemi is just that. It’s not a small block and it’s not a big block. It’s a marketing anomaly that Daimler or whoever owned the once mighty Chrysler Corporation milked for all its worth.

Did anyone ever wonder WHY no other company (in the US anyway) ever bothered with a Hemi? They could have, and yet they didn’t.

There are reasons for that. What’s sad is Drag Boss Garage (Tim Halsted) just had Darin Morgan do another webinar where he explains this in some detail. And he did it for free.

I suspect that by late January 2023 (maybe sooner) you will see two, maybe three actual Ford Pro Stockers. Clint Neff is killing it in Comp Eliminator with a cylinder head that Morgan developed.

Even more sad is that yesterday Uncle Tony dropped a YouTube video about combustion chambers and HE understands more about this stuff than some of the guys arguing here in this thread.

He gets that the chamber matters, especially at OVERLAP, where **** starts happening IF you know what you are doing.

Questions. If you were to design a head, would you have two quench pads, one quench pad, or open chamber and would it be dome? Also, where would you place the spark plug?

Questions. If you were to design a head, would you have two quench pads, one quench pad, or open chamber and would it be dome? Also, where would you place the spark plug?

Two quench pads and it would be a wedge. And the chamber would NOT have parallel quench pads.

If you want to see what that would look like, watch the Morgan webinar on Drag Boss Garage.

His head fixed the DRCE III and Hemi issues, although if there was no RPM limit in Pro Stock (what a bullshit thing that is) and the valve train could take it, the Hemi could still whip ***. But it takes way more RPM because they don’t make enough torque low enough to run down low like a wedge.

Even the dullards running the last iteration of the B1 PSO heads had to learn that they couldn’t run a 4 speed when everyone else had a 5 speed. They were out of cylinder head so they were pretty short of RPM and they were getting killed.

Two quench pads and it would be a wedge. And the chamber would NOT have parallel quench pads.

If you want to see what that would look like, watch the Morgan webinar on Drag Boss Garage.

His head fixed the DRCE III and Hemi issues, although if there was no RPM limit in Pro Stock (what a bullshit thing that is) and the valve train could take it, the Hemi could still whip ***. But it takes way more RPM because they don’t make enough torque low enough to run down low like a wedge.

Even the dullards running the last iteration of the B1 PSO heads had to learn that they couldn’t run a 4 speed when everyone else had a 5 speed. They were out of cylinder head so they were pretty short of RPM and they were getting killed.
I'm subscribed to DRagboss garage, however, haven't watched the video with Morgan yet

What a load of Rubbish. Some how magically though all those guys with exotic after market blocks with W heads with offset rockers this and that with Roller cams didn't spend any money and made more power everytime.......

Do you really think you can just bolt parts together and make power because you chose better parts?

You now speak for everyone too? Dan Smith has multiple cars running 9's with what most would not consider performance part. All those cars are 3000+ LBS and 1 set of heads only flowed 275 cfm but makes over 600Hp so that's more than 2 hp per cfm.

Imagine if he could run Alchohol, a Roller Cam and Aluminium Heads......So unfair poor Dan :rofl:
I kept looking at your avatar to make sure your name wasn't hysterical since that better fits your internet personality, and unfortunately for all of us not in the funny sense of it.

Oh my gosh....really???? I meant to the point in my life.....I also buy my milk at the grocery store and hamburger.....does that make me bad, I go to Walmart and buy work pants and body wash....does that make me bad, I will apologize to those who mine up all their steel ore and forge their own blocks and heads/cranks, etc. as I am truly not worthy.....I guess the 500,000 other guys in the country that buy engines from builders are losers in your eye too? How about having to pay to get machine work done? More losers? You sir are my hero as I will openly admit I have never met a person who is 100% self sufficient like yourself....my deepest respect.
I didn't say anything about you being bad, just that I don't quite understand how buying a $16000 engine is "I did it all on my own"?

I didn't say anything about you being bad, just that I don't quite understand how buying a $16000 engine is "I did it all on my own"?

I think he means he stroked a check for it. Something many people might never be able to do.
I respect folks who have the wisdom to defer to those who have more knowledge in an area than they themselves do.
And usually, if somebody can afford to buy nice stuff like that, they themselves likely have some sort of skill others don’t have.
Speaking for myself, I am not an engine builder and have no interest in becoming one. None.
But there are things I CAN do and have done most others can’t.

It was a good video

I think he means he stroked a check for it. Something many people might never be able to do.
I respect folks who have the wisdom to defer to those who have more knowledge in an area than they themselves do.
And usually, if somebody can afford to buy nice stuff like that, they themselves likely have some sort of skill others don’t have.
Speaking for myself, I am not an engine builder and have no interest in becoming one. None.
But there are things I CAN do and have done most others can’t.
Agree

Can you clean out some of your inbox as I sent you a private message question, thanks

I sure do and so does 90% of every other high power high rpm engine owner.
LOL...Then why the **** would anyone listen to a "cheque book" racer like you?
I guess you could just reference your invoices before you comment on a thread !!! LOL.
A guy working on his own stuff in the dirt in his back yard has more credibility in the sport than you do..
Guys like you always make me laugh. You parachute someone else's work into your engine bay and some how think your a genius..
You know, if your paying for a fast engine because you pour money into it from your Garbage truck business, your not a good engine builder, your still just the garbage man.
hahaha

Last edited:
LOL...Then why the **** would anyone listen to a "cheque book" racer like you?
A guy working on his own stuff in the dirt in his back yard has more credibility in the sport than you do..
Guys like you always make me laugh. You parachute someone else's work into your engine bay and some how think your a genius..
You know, if your paying for a fast engine because you pour money into it from your Garbage truck business, your not a good engine builder, your still just the garbage man.
hahaha
Do you rinse after you swallow?

-
Back