holley help please 750 vac.

-
I go with accelerator pump, if ran good last time it was running that's were I would look. You can start it with the air cleaner removed and give it a few quick stabs while looking to see how the shot comes out of the shooters, should be nice straight steady stream.

I highly recommend NOT checking the accelerator pump while the engine is running. If it backfires through the carb like he says it's doing he could fry his eyeballs. I learned the hard way when I was 17 not to look down the throat of a carb and hit the gas while it's running. Took 3-4 weeks for my eyebrows and hair to grow back. Lucky for me I wear glasses or I might be blind today because of it. You can check the accelerator pump just the same without the engine running.

Before you mess with the carb, is the timing set properly?

If you set it to factory specs, it doesn't have enough initial timing.

What's the initial timing and total?

fishy i will not look down the shootgun blast ty i will not scorch face unless i have too no no..but will verify streem shoots from shooters tnkz.

thankx cracked the timing is at 5 any further it pings like death

That's your idle/drivability issue right there.

You need to get it running at idle right with more advance, then limit the advance in the distributor to hit the total number. Set it at 14 and see how it reacts and DON'T drive it if you know it's going to ping.

I don't have a single SB mopar that runs with less than 12* of initial, some as high as 22*.

You need to get it running at idle right with more advance, then limit the advance in the distributor to hit the total number. Set it at 14 and see how it reacts and DON'T drive it if you know it's going to ping.

I don't have a single SB mopar that runs with less than 12* of initial, some as high as 22*.
very cool cracked will do tommrow thankz for info hope i got mine right will do and respond thankz mopar for ever :happy10:

well this morning went out checked timeingon timing cover there are marks 0 10 before and 10 after on my fluid damper are 0 and 10 +.. and 10-- on the fluid damper if im faceing it from the front is 10 + on the rt or left and do i put the 10 on the 10 after on my timing cover to make it 10 adv.. any help would be great

well crack your on the dough timing was a issue for sure no more back fire set at about 12 rt now runs much better very minor stumble on quik excl. but that may be excl. pump or shooters possibly thankz for advice raining now will get back at it ty any more pointers any one please ty ca:happy10:

Before you mess with the carb, is the timing set properly?

If you set it to factory specs, it doesn't have enough initial timing.

What's the initial timing and total?
x2 is the dizzy gummed up not advancing properly?need more initial timing?

I highly recommend NOT checking the accelerator pump while the engine is running. If it backfires through the carb like he says it's doing he could fry his eyeballs. I learned the hard way when I was 17 not to look down the throat of a carb and hit the gas while it's running. Took 3-4 weeks for my eyebrows and hair to grow back. Lucky for me I wear glasses or I might be blind today because of it. You can check the accelerator pump just the same without the engine running.

Come on let's use our heads here, I didn't say put you face over the top and look in. I would hope one would realize that and use a mirror.

Well, you've asked a lot of questions that have all been answered in one form or another, but you've not answered all the questions you were asked. Without all of the info, it's not gonna be an easy task......like it's already not hard enough diagnosing something over the computer.

Crackedback is correct, as usual. Get a vacuum gauge, and at idle, keep raising timing until you get highest reading. Then re-curve dist.

yep i took a break on car back at work now but will do vacuum thing and check dist adv. next just need more time thankz all its alot better right now must find more time

Well, you've asked a lot of questions that have all been answered in one form or another, but you've not answered all the questions you were asked. Without all of the info, it's not gonna be an easy task......like it's already not hard enough diagnosing something over the computer.
thakz stroke yep lots of great info itz runnin much better it was the timing will dial rest in later when rain stops thankz

-
Back