Holley List 1850 rebuild or noooo?

-

DusterDale

Reaction score
Hi again folks!

Our Project Duster came with a 440 non motorhome engine equipped with a torker II and a Holley. The Holley is a 600 vac sec. List 1850-3. Should I consider reusing this Carb? The rebuild kit is 26 dollars not a big expense. The end result Im going for is a mild street 440. Let me know what you guys think!

~Dale

Attachments

• DSC_1443.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 171
What is the ultimate goal for the car/engine? Power, economy? And what kind of mild cam are you using? A torque cam or a higher duration HP cam? IMO, I would consider this a decent carb for economy (maybe a bit on the small side to let the engine breath), and a torque cam. I had really good results with a smaller engine and this sized carb.

Rebuild it. It will work fine.

Depends on your definition of what mild street is. I think it's a little light for a 440 above 4500 RPM.

And for $26, you can rebuild it, try it and sell with no loss. Seems like a no-brainer. That was a pretty good basic carb IMO.

NM9 im going to use a summit rebuild kit... cam im not sure of just yet prob something in the 480 490 range of lift. I like to keep things conservative!

Sounds like the plan, a Holley Renew kit for the 1850! Work just bought an Ultrasonic cleaner, Ill let it sit in there a bit. Will post pictures. You all rock thanks for the support!

~Dale

-
Back