Hood scoop or no hood scoop, you tell me!

-
I think the air cleaner sticking out is cool and different...no scoop!

I would have to say i really like the air cleaner!! its reminiscent of a shaker and you definitely don't see it very often, so score points for daring to be different. your car is tough as it sits! the hemi scoop is waaaay too big IMO.
-tim

scoop looks good but a smooth top cowl scoop would blow your mind , just my thoughts

I have always wanted a shaker on my a body, That way you can see it shake! Anyway you go you will get alot of attention at stop lights, Have fun,

heres one that runs at my local track its got a early super stock hood. i like it!

123.jpg

There's an awful lot of early A's coming out of the woodwork these days..I love it!

Scooped is nice.
That being said, the style of scoop is as hard to choose as the car's colour. When I saw a car like mine with the 'aero' style. I knew it was for me. Everyones taste is different. Take your time.

newpix007.jpg

Well, I grew up not far from Houston, Texas, Where it's been known to RAIN. I like modifications that I consider practical. So, on the few occasions I've seen with an air cleaner sticking out through the hood, I've wondered "now how's that gonna work in the next monsoon???". But to some degree, that's true of any scoop that doesn't have a raised inlet. On the _looks_ side of things, I like the old ('62/'63) Max Wedge/Ramchargers style scoop with the dip in the center. If you want (or need) to use what you have, I think it should be a couple of inches forward. Bottom line: your car, your money, YOUR choices!

I think the 6 pack scoop is more to the correct scale to an early a-body.

Robb, where can I get one of those hoods or scoops for my 64 cuda?
I love that look.

Also, I hope this isn't a stupid question, but whats the history with putting the round cutout on the hood with the air cleaner sticking through? Its so bad ***!

I'd really like to go that route on my cuda first I think, it just looks awesome. With my new 318 thats going in the car, what intake/carb setup do you run that sets the air cleaner up so high? Do you use some sort of spacer on top of the carb or something?

I'd really like to get a scoop or cutout hood on my Cuda, so please educate me on my options!

Evan

The scoop will help your performance but I like a more conservative streamline look I quess more like the early sixties style.

Scoop!!I laid the later snorkle style on mine when I first got it,just to see what it would look like?Looks similar to Moparlee,s

trim 027.jpg

I like the SS scoop I would go with it.When you paint your fenders you can paint the scoop also LOL.. Jim

paint it to match the hood. oh, and buy my car.ha ha mike

See if you like the look of a '68 Hemi Cuda scoop--too cool flat black the hood, add the scoop

-
Back