HotRod Mag 408 build w/TrickFlow heads NEW

-

Which leads to the question why would you need a stroker when you can pull the same horsepower out of a stock bottom end 360

I don’t know the specs on this 360 but it is certainly easier to get that horsepower number from a stroker with a cam that will still create vacuum for power brakes and be more livable on the street. Having said that I’d love to have a 500 horse stock stroke motor

I don’t know the specs on this 360 but it is certainly easier to get that horsepower number from a stroker with a cam that will still create vacuum for power brakes and be more livable on the street. Having said that I’d love to have a 500 horse stock stroke motor

its not hard to do. At a little better than 3300 pounds i went 11.26 at almost 119 with 10 to 1 compression 360, stock bottom end, flat tappet cam, and nearly stock eddie heads.
Not 500, but with better eddies it would have went 10’s i am sure.

Go to Simpsons Speed Shop on youtube he has a video of a 360 build with the trick flow heads stock bottom end, rods and pistons makes 530 hp! I tried to post link but whole video showed up in post so thought I better remove it.
i've seen that , i call bs unless he has a lot more going on in that build , no ******* way

i've seen that , i call bs unless he has a lot more going on in that build , no ******* way
i can rig the dyno so that it shows 700 hp 800 tq for my 426 stroker , makes more ense than a stock 360 with tf heads making that kind of power , it's just not possible unless there is a nitrous bottle in there

What is the compression on it? Might be running lots of squeeze...the guy is living at high altitude on the west coast of Canada

I have to agree. There are quite a few happy dynos.

I called a local guy who does lots of Mopar engine builds... said he did a stock stroke 360 last year with Eddies that had a CNC port job from he thinks Modern Cylinder... went 535hp on our local happy dyno...

I think sometimes people automatically equate cubic inches with horsepower though the potential is there for sure the horsepower will be determined greatly by the head. I think it's easy to believe that a 360 cubic inch motor can produce the same horsepower that a 4-inch stroke using the same head the stroker will always have a torque advantage But if the head hp maxes out around the 500 horsepower range let's say it can be achieved by a 345/360/373/408 etc. It will happen a different RPM range and will need different type of build but it's my opinion definitely achievable.

So now your engine makes 500-550 or whatever horsepower, now what do you do? It’s akin to going to the strip club with a bunch of guys all sitting around getting all worked up.......now what do you do??:rofl:

So now your engine makes 500-550 or whatever horsepower, now what do you do? It’s akin to going to the strip club with a bunch of guys all sitting around getting all worked up.......now what do you do??:rofl:
Circle jerk...

Well I think more in the way of the power it made and how it performed for how I put the combination together. If I built it on the more wild/ low vacuum side of streetable and its not giving more performance then a much milder built witht he same heads and stroke then as a measure of how close I was to meeting my goals I would be pretty disappointed and asking myself what's wrong.

With 500-550 HP in my Swinger, I'm going to have some serious fun! I'll tell massive lies, like they all ran like this back in the day. I'm sick of the Hondas and Subarus doing miniature burnouts at the stop sign in front of my house. I'm gonna have my beautiful wife of 34 years next to me on the bench seat, and take her to the local Dick's Drive in. I'm going to enjoy my senior years going to car shows with her, and not have to worry about another one just like it pulling up next to us. When we're blessed with grandchildren, we're taking them out for ice cream, with the exhaust tone scaring whatever EV pulls up next to us! Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread. Just looking forward to putting my Dart back together after all these years. Paul.

Go to Simpsons Speed Shop on youtube he has a video of a 360 build with the trick flow heads stock bottom end, rods and pistons makes 530 hp! I tried to post link but whole video showed up in post so thought I better remove it.

Dont know how much the cars weights .....but his 330 time since that is how long the track is equates to a 11.28

-
Back