How can you tell if the mileage is 100K plus?

-
Do the math. 67 model is 43 years old. Devide 26K by 43. Odds are it was driven more than that. In many cases after the 100K rollover the odometer digits dont line up exactly right.

If the odo says 26K how would you know if it is not 126K?

if the motor looks if has never been broke apart, u can pop a head off and check out the ring ridge at the top of the cylinder. also try to find oil change stickers under the seats and stuff. that how i found out that my dart had turned the dial to 380,000!!! GO SL6!! haha other than that u'd have to get the air sniffer from mopar muscle!!!

look at stuff like the brake pedal (rubber pad) for wear,arm rest pad, carpet and drivers seat for wear. maybe look at the underside of the car at the suspension, bushings etc. you could check for worn paint on the bottoms of the fenders, just behind the tires where they would kick up dirt and gravel. check the drivers door hinges for play by lifting up on the bottom back of the door. check the ashtray too, that may be a hint of how much it was driven.

Correct about the odo not lining up at times. Also look at the brake pedal. The more wear it has the more it was driven, unless it was replaced. But its a place to start.

Justin beat me to it. ^^^^^^^

How do you know it's not 200,000 + miles.
FWIW, my 79 dodge magnum came to me with over 300,000 miles when the Orignial owner stopped recording mile in 1989. Then his daughter got the car for 4 years of collage in upstate NY, then his son got it for 4 years at the same collage upstate and he then got it back for a daily driver from Babylon to South Jamica Queens for 10 years.

How many miles?

It's don't matter now, it's powering the Duster to at least 15.14's @ 89 mph. No rebuild, just cleaned up and given new cam bearings and performance parts.

I have always found that the wear on the interior commonly used items like the steering wheel, knobs and switches, door handles, keys, seats, pedals, sloppy trans linkage, etc. as well as the wear in the throttle shaft on the carb are good indicators.
Just to name a few.

-
Back