How Do You Like Your Hot Dog?

-
That sounds really good !
It is. They have a good little following, like Monroe Dog down in…well, Monroe. I like to sample the local fare when I go to different towns, and I encourage my kids to do the same. Kind of a “challenge” to find the best pizza in the world, but really just to get them to try new stuff. Secret parental psychology tactics on stun, captain!

Back in the 70s in Albany Ga before I left for Mo. there was a fast food called Hotdogs Unlimted that had the best and all kinds. My fav was the sweet slaw dog.
Before that in 1966-7 there was an old pool hall in Tifton, Ga had had the best chili dog I have ever had. Steamed buns is a must. Secret to good chili is good meat GROUND fine.
How could a guy steam a bun at home??

southern style, cooked on grill till black,.....chilli onions and some folks add cole slaw!!
First one I had like that was in Alderson West Virginia and thought it was pretty darn good. Any hot dog in Fenway Park with pop are my favorite but I don't remember what was on them!

Back in the 70s in Albany Ga before I left for Mo. there was a fast food called Hotdogs Unlimted that had the best and all kinds. My fav was the sweet slaw dog.
Before that in 1966-7 there was an old pool hall in Tifton, Ga had had the best chili dog I have ever had. Steamed buns is a must. Secret to good chili is good meat GROUND fine.
How could a guy steam a bun at home??
You might try a vegetable steamer if you have one, but it takes some practice to keep from making the buns soggy.

You might try a vegetable steamer if you have one, but it takes some practice to keep from making the buns soggy.
asked my wife and he suggested to try to wrap the bun in a moist paper towel and microwave it. I have cooked sweet corn for decades in the microwave wrapped in wet paper towel. Maybe less wet and shorter heat could steam it!?? I will give it a try!!

This sounds like a loaded question(see post # 3) but if its serious I knew a feller who ran a corner sto re, he had a steamer that he steamed dogs and hot sausages in for years. Mustard relish onions and a Mountain Dew...

All the way from right out the fridge to loaded with whatever we can fit on top of it in a Bun.... Everything else is literally negotiable.

It's the only way ol' JW here will have anything to do with a Weiner lol......

Clements pretty much rank as the "top dog" brand for me......

JW
my inlaws are the same way, in fact, they dont call them perros callientes (as you would expect) but they call them "completos"
apparently, if they dont have the entire fridge on em, they aint done

(the bad part is, they (mostly her sister) have found some wierd who knows what it is kind of sausage and they taste terrible)

Texas Dog -bacon cheese bbq sauce grilled onion.

Chilli cheese dog/Coney Island-self explanatory

All BEEF... but there a joke, our local weinerschnitzel is owned and run by a Chinese guy ...and he always says in his accent .."all beeeeef..?" like he's selling sex.
My wife Jacqueline n I always get a chuckle out of it..and even funnier is the asian massage place, that guy says it the same way but instead it's.."90 minuuuutes..?"
You have to hear it to get the vibe..lol
Psssst……..

Its not beef.

That is the kind of info I need!!!!!!
IF a man has never tasted the perfect dog on a perfecly steamed bun, then he has NO idea what we are talking about!!!!!
Steamed bun? Never had one How do you steam a bun without it falling apart.

Our local A&W is one of the last old-school franchises left in the country. It's been in the same family for over half a century. They still brew their root beer (no instant fountain crap) and hand-make their coney sauce, both from decades-old recipes. Between friends and myself, dozens of A&Ws have been tried all around the country. None of us have found anything close. The local coney dogs are always on a steamed bun, and second to none... and if you've never had freshly-brewed root beer, well, you've never really had root beer.
We used to also have a small hot dog stand called "Dawg Hawg" that made stellar Chicago-style dogs, among others. It was only open in the summer since the owner was a retired snowbird. It was only open for 6-7 years and was for sale the last two. No one bought it, so he stayed in Florida the last time he went. The building's a couple of blocks from my house and hasn't had a successful business in it since the Hawg closed.
Can't kill a guy for a decent dog in this town other than A&W's seasonal coney.

-
Back