How Do You Like Your Hot Dog?

-
Texas Dog -bacon cheese bbq sauce grilled onion.

Chilli cheese dog/Coney Island-self explanatory

All BEEF... but there a joke, our local weinerschnitzel is owned and run by a Chinese guy ...and he always says in his accent .."all beeeeef..?" like he's selling sex.
My wife Jacqueline n I always get a chuckle out of it..and even funnier is the asian massage place, that guy says it the same way but instead it's.."90 minuuuutes..?"
You have to hear it to get the vibe..lol

On the grill, dark, footlongs or regular, mustard only for me or with Greek hot dog sauce (don't know how the Greeks got credit, but that's what they were called.). My brother would put everything on his and the thing would weigh four more ounces. Don't know if he could taste the dog. We have the best hot dogs on the planet (IMHO) :) :)

View attachment 1716042017
Thanks! It is 11:16 PM, I am laying in bed and now I want a hot dog so bad I can't stand it.
Thanks!

Chili-n-onions.
The chili has to be hot n spicy.

We love our Sonoran dogs down here in southern AZ! Dog wrapped in bacon, seared on the griddle, then put in a Mexican bun called a bolillo roll. Beans, onion, tomato, mayo, mustard, green chili sauce. Usually served with a roasted pepper. Some places toast the buns with butter. Amazing!!!

View attachment 1716041994
Those look good!

Nathan's Angus beef hot dogs on a charcoal grill with mesquite, one thin line of mustard and a fresh roll, done.

Last edited:
Mustard.

Either standard yellow, or any of the brown specialty varieties.

I do like a chili dog, though.

When I'm in Chicago:

661__48443.jpg

Kind of interest I'm building a hot dog stand out of my 1929 AA 1.5 ton truck It runs and drives good but I don't use it much but now if I get it done by summer will take it to car shows and have some fun. You all helped deciding on what kind of hot dogs to make. thanks...

IMG_20221230_151750521.jpg

Just mustard if I’m at the ballpark

Chicago style if I’m at a hot dog cart

Chili dog and chili fries if I’m at a diner

On the George Forman or the grille if I’m at home, with Ketchup, ground mustard, relish and jalapeños

Grilled with burning marks, chopped onion and bell peppers (fresh uncooked) spicy mustard on a Grilled bun.

Kind of interest I'm building a hot dog stand out of my 1929 AA 1.5 ton truck It runs and drives good but I don't use it much but now if I get it done by summer will take it to car shows and have some fun. You all helped deciding on what kind of hot dogs to make. thanks...

View attachment 1716042058
Dang, that's one cool idea! If you brought that to the Twin Cities here, where we have a car show every night in the summer, you'd be raking in the coin! I could only be a silent partner though, because I'm done working! :lol:

View attachment 1716042058
The hot dog guy comes to our cruise in every Tuesday, he’s very busy. I always get the Chicago dog meal, with chips and a pop for $5, but I always give him more than that. Them Chicago dogs are worth $5 just themselves, I love those little torpedo peppers. Seems that he sells a lot of the “gourmet” regional dogs, more so than just plain ones, and he has sauerkraut, and all manner of other fixings too. He doesn’t have a cool rig like yours tho, but he sure needs one. We all do as a matter of fact!

Dang, that's one cool idea! If you brought that to the Twin Cities here, where we have a car show every night in the summer, you'd be raking in the coin! I could only be a silent partner though, because I'm done working! :lol:
Would like to bring it to your town would enjoy the visit.

The hot dog guy comes to our cruise in every Tuesday, he’s very busy. I always get the Chicago dog meal, with chips and a pop for $5, but I always give him more than that. Them Chicago dogs are worth $5 just themselves, I love those little torpedo peppers. Seems that he sells a lot of the “gourmet” regional dogs, more so than just plain ones, and he has sauerkraut, and all manner of other fixings too. He doesn’t have a cool rig like yours tho, but he sure needs one. We all do as a matter of fact!
Still not sure what the cost will be for a dog, chips and a pop or beer but want to make it simple but the hot dog needs a good garnish. I'll post a picture of the bar seat backs when I finish them but here is what they or some will look like.

IMG_20230114_081230662.jpg

Last edited:
All the way from right out the fridge to loaded with whatever we can fit on top of it in a Bun.... Everything else is literally negotiable.

It's the only way ol' JW here will have anything to do with a Weiner lol......

Clements pretty much rank as the "top dog" brand for me......

JW

Y’all made me hungry for a Sonoran, so I picked up a few today at work. This particular stand includes bacon wrapped peppers stuffed with cheese with each dog. Deeeeelicious!!!

2E92DFC7-3F09-42D3-9BB7-01922EB389A6.jpeg

Here's a hot dog story for y'all. My GF is a native New Yorker. We went back there a few years ago for a visit, and decided to do a hotdog-off while doing our walking around. We got a dog (mustard only) at street carts, including Sabrett's, Nathan's, Nikos, Golden Brand, and one or two others I can't recall. The winner was Nathan's with Sabrett's a strong second. We did another hotdog-off when we came home, and again Nathan's was the winner.

If I'm doing them at home, I grill them till just charred, then in a toasted bun with mustard and onions.

When on the town, I'd take a Sonoran Dog or a Chicago Dog any day, any time. I've had a Sonoran Dog at the original place in Tucson, it's a treat not to be missed.

Up until they became a COVID victim, we had a superb hotdog restaurant in town called Mad Dogs. I had most of the dogs on their menu, all were excellent. Here's their menu. It's pretty sad they had to close their doors.

Menu – MADdogs

Funny how many different ways there are to serve a lowly hot dog. Up here we have a place called Bob E’s, they deep fry the buns, and it adds a whole new perspective to the dog.

Thanks! It is 11:16 PM, I am laying in bed and now I want a hot dog so bad I can't stand it.
Thanks!

Funny how many different ways there are to serve a lowly hot dog. Up here we have a place called Bob E’s, they deep fry the buns, and it adds a whole new perspective to the dog.
That sounds really good !

-
Back