How do you like your steak?

-

dustertogo

Reaction score
Well it's summertime and sho 'nuff HOT down south. Gas prices are crazy,and food costs are going up every day, but a guy (or gal) just has to splurge every now and then on a good steak.

Let's hear what your favorite steak is (ribeye, sirloin, t-bone, etc.) and how you like it cooked (rare, med. rare, medium, etc.). Also, if you like to cook them yourself at home or have a favorite steakhouse you like to visit.
Maybe even share some of your tips on seasonings, marinades, etc. with everyone.

BTW, mine's a ribeye seasoned with Angelo's steak seasoning and cooked over charcoal to between medium-rare and medium. No steak sauce please.

Sorry man,wish I could help.To hot in So-Cal right now.

Give me some cold sushi and a ice cold salad. lol

Venison sounds good too...BUT, Publix stores have a great meat supplier, at least for sirloin........just bought a bunch of boneless top sirloins for $3.99 a pound !!

Rub that baby with some Lawry's Garlic Salt and a little pepper, lightly dab it with some olive oil, and set it on a hot grill.........OOOOOOOOOOh baby......

Medium rare, and I am there..................My favorite steakhouse is home. 8)

Ribeye marinated in worcestershire and Corona. Then rubbed down with Fiorella's Jack Stack all purpose rub. I picked up a bunch of the Jack Stack rub when I was visiting KC last year.

Wipe its *ss, knock the horns off and throw it on the plate!! (VERY RARE!)=P~

Daym, now I gotta go to the store! MMMMMMMMM!!! STEAK!!!

We buy our Ribeye loins 5 at a time per case. Cuts out about 18 at 1" thick per loin. Choice grade. I rub mine in fajita seasoning and marinate in tequila to medium rare over the gas grill with a wet stick of hickory for smoke flavor. The wife wont eat steak out because she has the best steak at home.

For Beef give me a PorterHouse Med-Rare

Pork give me a Tenderloin

But hell if I'm eating meat it pretty much don't matter. I prefer to only use a little bit of garlic salt on mine and that's it. I don't want to mask the flavor of the meat.

I get my grill nice and hot to sear in the juices. I drink two guiness for medium and three for well done. I season with salt and a little pepper and that's it. No steak sauce or rubs. I love the flavor of a good steak. I like em thick and juicy just like my............hamburgers? Nothing like grilling in the backyard with my dogs and grandkids running around having a good time. Good times for sure!!

just got back from Safeway. Ribeye was 11.99 a pound!! I went with the 6.99 a pound New york Strip!

I told y'all I was going to the store! LOL!

Aged Hereford Ribeye cut 1 1/4" thick seasoned with kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper cooked medium rare over some good hot charcoal. Better than any restaurant steak I've ever had.

Ribeye rubbed with Brazos Legends Sizzlin Steak Rub, chile powder, fresh cracked black pepper, and garlic (lots). Medium rare grilled over mesquite hardwood charcoal. Good stuff!!!!!!!!!

Been a mt. cutter for 30+ years. Rib Eyes for me. Anything past med. rare,should be illegal. Never salt meat before cooking. (salt pulls the moisture out) If you take a steak from the freezer,don't thaw it,put it on the grill frozen,and sear both sides. (locks the juice in) Seasonings are a matter of taste. I use a variety on occasion,but I like the taste of charcoaled meat,myself.

Ribeye medium well cooked over pecan wood with season salt and uncle chris,s spices. Make that fire slo cook so it puts some smoke flavor on the meat. some grilled asparagus yellow squash and a baked tater and you wont hear another word from me till im done.when its silent at dinnertime at my house you know its good.

Ribeye, Med-well, Rub with just a basic mixture of Garlic, onion, salt, pepper, Hot grille!

On the side I take a Vadilla onion and cut it cross ways down about 3/4 qtrs of the way thru Kind of like a bloom! then wrap it in foil soaked in A-1, garlic to taste, salt, pepper, and butter. Cook this on the grille in foil until onion is tender... Makes a great steak sauce and onion is also very good! Can be done with a regular sweet onion if you like a strong onion taste!

My wife picked up this Memphis-style rub... so what I usually do is pick up a big london broil, lay the spices on both sides, get the grill really hot (like 450 degrees) and slap the steak on there to sear in the rub. I cook it like that for a minute or two with the grill open and turn the burners down to half, then close it up and let it cook for about 5 minutes. Then flip it over, close the grill again and cook for another 5 minutes. Depends on how thick it is, of course, but I usually go for about 5 minutes. I don't slice it open to see if it's done, I "feel" it with the tongs. Once it starts to get firm it's done, perfectly medium. My wife likes her more well than medium, and the right side of my grill gets hotter than the left so I try to lay the steak half on the hot side and half on the not-as-hot side. Works out really well. After it's done I let it sit for a few minutes then slice it to pieces and serve with the juice....

Aw, man, now I'm hungry. ;-)

We buy our Ribeye loins 5 at a time per case. Cuts out about 18 at 1" thick per loin. Choice grade. I rub mine in fajita seasoning and marinate in tequila to medium rare over the gas grill with a wet stick of hickory for smoke flavor. The wife wont eat steak out because she has the best steak at home.

I will be right over!!! I will have to try the marinate with tequila and fajita .:cheers: Thanks :-D

As for a beef cut8), I like a T bone
sprayed down with apple vinager.
let set for about two hours in the fridge and then rub down with some butter The grill pre heated to
450 and drop in right one the best hot spot on the grill,salt pepper the side that is up and after 3 min flip and salt pepper the other side.
cooked to a med and chow down, Seems the bone adds a flaver I like.:love7:

But after reading some of yalls ideas !
I will have to try some of them.:cheers:

I'll take a rib-eye med and right before to take off the grill put a cube of butter on it and like it melt. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

-
Back