How many miles do you put on in a year?

-

moparfreak77

Reaction score
I have just had my car for a year but managed to put on over 6000 miles. I find it kind of hard to believe as my drive to work is only about 3 miles. I know people talk about "daily drivers" but how many miles do you guys put on in a year?

12 miles round trip to work daily, 12 round twice a week for the daughters Ju-Jitsu class, another 4 for church, 20 misc., whew.....zip to mom's 25. It all adds up quick. I guess I did about 10,000 this year. My car is everyday, all day because there is no other car for me. Wife has hers, I got mine.

I'm not totally sure, but it's less than the 15,000 or so a year I used to do. Work used to be a 25 mile one way trip. Though I didn't mind a bit driving my '79 Magnum everyday. My first one was a small block @ 20 mpg's hwy.

Maybe a couple of hundred a year on the street,my car mostly gets its mileage by way of the 1/4 mile...

73 Valiant (daily driver) about 6000 per year.
67 Barracuuda various cruise-ins and shows , about 1000 per year
Wifes RAV4 (daily driver) about 8500 per year.
I think the national average is up to around 13000 per year.
Proud to be below avaerage ? LOL

Hmmm... according to my NYS inspection reciepts I put less than 3,000 on the Dart a year, on Amy's GTI maybe 5,000. I walk to work, my Wife uses the Long Island railroad to get to Manhattan. The Barracuda? Let's see.... pushing it on & off of trailers to go to body shops, pushing it in & out of the garage all summer...
I'll have to say 3 miles. :toothy7:

LOL @ FASTBACK340 (Crying buckets for his wife for riding the rail road to work. Been there done that and work for the company as well. It stinks. At least she's not going far like I am when I used to work the tiny Island)

Dude... you used to work on Staten Island? That's what I'm asuming when you say the tiny island. I hate driving throught it, never mind staying there. ALL DAY.

I put on about 6k/year on my daily driver (Prelude) over the past 7 years and my Scamp has averaged 2.5k/year since my grandmother bought it new off the show room floor 32 years ago.

an average of 10K per year, but there was a certain year that I put more than 30K! I think I was even going to the toilet with the car that year.

On the Demon, I clock probably 3,000 miles a year.

On the Barracuda, I think I've racked up a grand total of 10 miles in the last three years.

On the Dart, I towed it more than I drove it.

And the Dakota, well... I probably put about 12,000-13k a year (or better) on it.

My 73 dart custom I put just under 3000 miles on it in the last 2 1/2 months and that is just about average. They are ment to be driven just as long as you do the regular upkeep on them. I cant stand to see cars not getting driven it's like getting a new tool and never using it, it's just wrong!

Nice to see that the old cars still get driven guys. I also have a 97 TJ that I've had for years. It was awesome as a summer vehicle, top down, doors off. But I bought my Valiant and only had my Jeep out once! It is now my winter vehicle. :)

I put about 20,000 a year on my hybrid. Have not driven the Valiant in over a year. Since I got the car I think I have less than 1000 miles total.

The Duster 1,000 miles a year. My Dodge Cummins 240 miles a week. My wife's Winstar 240 miles a week also.:sad6: LOL

When i was driving my Scamp i averaged about 3000 a year.
72 /6 Duster i put about 5000 on it this year.

About 3,000 a year (only in good weather). I love to drive the Barracuda. I think everyone in my city knows my car.

i have 6 classic mopars, about 1000-1500 per car. and another 10-15 k on my 2005 dakota

NOT telling you what i drive EVER day for work lets just say it aint no mopar ..mondays 160/180..tues. 110/130..wed 180/220 thurs. 140/150..fri. 50/75..then one friday a month 140 up and 140 back same day..so what 600+ aweek..

20,000 - 25000 /yr. Own a construction co...........got to go on estimates.

Oh.....the car to the left........NOT a daily driver......2K / year

70 Duster has only seen 4,000 miles since 1978 when I bought it, most of them before 1980 ... (worst mistake ever, letting her sit)

06 Charger SRT8 sees around 4,000 really FUN miles per year (never gonna be any sludge building up in THAT Hemi :thumrigh:

08 Altima is the daily driver now, which will probably see 8,000 a year, if that

Aaron's Dart has been on the road for about 20 months, and he has racked up a little over 15,000 miles. So I guess that figures about 12,000 a year.

-
Back