HOW TO INSTALL CRACKEDBACK'S HEADLIGHT HARNESS

-
I get why you would tap into power from the alternator post, but if part of the reason of doing this is to bypass the bulkhead connectors it doesn't do that when the engine is not running. That is all I am pointing out. Did not mean to stir up a hornets nest.
So why would attaching to the battery be your preference? Or maybe we're reading into it something you didn't mean. ???
That was the impression we (I) got when you wrote
I just found the main power attachment odd.

PS. I have had to drive with an essentially dead alternator with the lights on since installing the relay system. Although not ideal, the lamps are drawing less current than when the alternator is running. So its a longer run, but the voltage loss due to circuit resistance is less.

So why would attaching to the battery be your preference? Or maybe we're reading into it something you didn't mean. ???
That was the impression we (I) got when you wrote

That was my intention, I reread the comments and understand the intention of the bypass better now. Like I said it seemed odd but now i get it. ( see I can learn!)

@crackedback Hi Rob, I'm a new member here. Would you please message me with your email address? I can't DM you as I haven't posted yet. I'm interested in purchasing one of your headlight wiring harnesses. Thanks!

Dave

Another satisfied customer. The quality of the wiring, connectors, relays is top shelf. Install takes about 2 hours. Added a pair of Nighthawk Halogens I got off of eBay. I'm much better prepared for Bob's Big Boy cruise night at Spring Fling.

Thanks for the topic. I just got these and I was installing them and there was no way I was going to get the light connectors through the bucket grommets. I also just found out I don't have fender plugs. lol

IMG_20220506_202118654.jpg

@Witchboard

If you need to you can split that grommet. What I would do is remove the terminals from the relay block and feed them through the holes in those grommets.

Not sure how Rusty addressed it on his install.

A good hardware store might have the correct size plug if you are missing them. Don't want wiring chaffing in metal edges.

@Witchboard

If you need to you can split that grommet. What I would do is remove the terminals from the relay block and feed them through the holes in those grommets.

Not sure how Rusty addressed it on his install.

A good hardware store might have the correct size plug if you are missing them. Don't want wiring chaffing in metal edges.
I took a razor blade and put a split in mine from the center out. Doesn't hurt a thing and when you install it, it pushes the grommet right back together.

Im just seeing this thread for the first time now, so I'm a bit late. Thanks Rob for posting this! It's an awesome setup and very reasonably priced!

A big THANKS to Crackedback! I just installed his headlight relay kit on my 1970 Dart and it works great. I took my time and about an hour after I started it was done. Yes, I'm slow! Worked first time without any problems. I'm really pleased with the ease of installation and the thought that went into the design.

Ditto to above- Just put the kit on my 70 duster. Easy install, no issues at all, and a instantly noticeable improvement.

Anybody bought this kit from Crackedback lately? I sent him a PM last week, but haven't heard anything back.

-
Back