How'd ya run against this???

-
I bought a 2011 GT in January 2011. That fall I ran it at Atco raceway having never raced before. With a cold air intake and a Barton shifter, and a Stainlessworks chambered exhaust I ran 12.5@115 my first time. The tires breaking in 2nd gear was the biggest problem. Fast car for $33,000.

I have an 09 Suzuki GSXR-1000 with cams headwork full exhaust and PCV full dyno mapping. Bike is 600 lbs with me on it and 185HP and 82 tq at the back tire. Not too much i am afraid of out on the road.lol

I have an 09 Suzuki GSXR-1000 with cams headwork full exhaust and PCV full dyno mapping. Bike is 600 lbs with me on it and 185HP and 82 tq at the back tire. Not too much i am afraid of out on the road.lol

How bout a drunk behind the wheel of a 75 Royal Monaco?

...or a soccer ball.

I'd like to hear the answer to the original question as well. I have raced many Mustangs personally and never lost, but a supercharged GT had me neck and neck all the way. I don't know what he did to it, but I think the beak on my car got me the win. I have run a few Challengers and Chargers and they are not particularly fast. I've always wanted to run against a new Camaro but have never gotten one to bite. I suspect a good one will take me. Gotta find out one of these days,

14 seconds at 100 mph = real stone. lmao
you would think the big 3 would be in the 11s with their factory super cars.

Here's your answer.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o3p8fZZQM8"]V-8 Pony Car Drag Race! 2011 Mustang GT vs 2010 Camaro SS vs 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 - YouTube[/ame]

And still no answer to the orig question. Talk about a hijacked thread!

I posted a link to a challenger forum where guys were talking about stock rt times but no one paid attention I guess. Everyone wants to talk about mustangs lol. My dart is faster then my mustang that's all I know.

Let high jack it a little more though...I just worked my first 14 hour day!! Paid off one slick and tube and oil pressure gauge with those hours.

Watched the vid. I have to say the drivers are the thing.... you got to KNOW the car your driving.....

I say, let a couple guys drive around. a week allow 'em to "play" and then on the following Friday, take 'em to the track, and let them go head to head OR better yet, ALONE, and race time. who EVER gets to the finish line in the least amount of time, is the fastest car.......

Side by side, racing sucks as from the times I've done it, your always concerned where the other guy is. how far in front, OR behind, it doesn't matter and I have found that distraction is just enough to LOOSE, 2nd place is the first looser! I have won a few line ups and lost a few for that VERY reason!

Here is what your up against. 2012 SS Camaro V8 automatic. It ran 14.00 at 100 mph. 2 years ago I was there to watch the results of a brand new purchase, right from the show room floor. No wheel spin, track was in great condition. It was here in Illinois where there is plenty of air. A lot of "under achievement" post and threads when it comes to the new chally. I know there must be a lot of you out there that have the new generation chally's, and have your E.T slip of what it ran! BONE STOCK IS A MUST, as this Camaro was show floor stock. Lets see some true E.T. numbers that proves if the new chally's are competitors or pretenders.....

That's what a v6 Camaro runs. If you really saw an SS run that, the driver wasn't trying to get the most out of the car.

That's what a v6 Camaro runs. If you really saw an SS run that, the driver wasn't trying to get the most out of the car.
Yes, I was there, I saw it. Again, 2012 SS Camaro with automatic ran 14 flat at 100 mph. I disagree that a V6 automatic Camaro hits 14 flat.....

I think we have seen everything but the original question answered. I got it and have seen the video before. Someone out there can answer it but it doesn't sound like it here. I would like to send a message to Chrysler though while we are jacking threads. Lose 700 LBs, add supercharger, get rid of everything that doesn't hold the wheels on, make high beams an option and let the rest of us buy it and make MOPAR great again, on the street. If I offended anybody , read it again.

OK, I've hi-jacked my own posting from FBBO.... YES I'm a member there too! Same sort of thread, and I posted in it there and I'm gonna post a BCC of that post here.....

All you piss and moaners, go do it somewhere else. That car is a MOPAR isn't that what this site is about, those cars and the people who love 'em? This is why we are ALL part of the same board forum right? Or Did I miss something?

I don't CARE what is said about the Chebby Camaro, I could careless on what the Ford has. BOTH those cars look like hell! Sadly, the Mudstain, has nothing on it to look like a Mustang, and the Camaro, too looks NOTHING like its counterpart that carried the same name. same goes for our Dodge "Charger" looks nothing like the car of the same name. but.............. OUR Challenger, different story! Best looking car made for that VERY reason.....

Now, if it wins, and it is able to beat both of the brand X cars, GREAT. if not, who really gives a **** anyway? ITS A MOPAR!!!!!!!

Want it to win Chrysler Company? TAKE that Hellcat OUT and dump the freakin' new 426 Hemi short block in it, do all the "old" internals for the old "426" Gen.2, add all the NEW Gen.3 external for emissions, dump that turbo onto it, call it 800+ HP and then you got a damned winner!!!!

NOW, if you want small but powerful.....you got it, if you want the same car, BIG and even MORE powerful REMEMBER you also offer the NEW 440 Hemi too.........in the same size block as the new 426..... Call the 440 model the "Hellraiser"!!!!!! Cuz you all know it would! The Ford and GM camps would be shittin' their pants and it would go down both of all their pant legs and not touch either of their legs on the way down!

Stop complainin' bout money this and money that in the Mopar garage, you got what it takes, you done it once, NOW do it again!

Sorry guys, I hope the Chrysler "Big Wigs" get to read that......IF so, then I've done my job! They went to Will. Weertman in '63, and told him they wanted a legend, he produced it....... him and his TEAM.....They have that chance again!

Still not satisfied? You got that HUGE 505 CID V-10. Fit that f*cker with NEW" V-10 Hemi Heads, AKA 505 Hemi Heads, shoehorn that damned thing in the Chally and let 'er rip! HELL dump a supercharger on that too! Offer both......

Its only money..................right?

that might be true about meeting with the bean counters, but what the hell do they do the rest of their days? Talk on how they gonna spend the $200,00 they just stuffed in their pockets?????You can only get paid for doing that for so long! BEFORE the money doesn't come in any more then work begins to catch it back up again!

Ok, all these views/replies but not one person owns a late model chally R/T that they made a pass down the 1320?????????? Still interested in what somebody's personal results were with a bone stock R/T. For all the rants on the car here at FABO, I would conclude half the members here have owned, raced, and sold there R/T's. Sounds as if nobody knows from self experience....... Hmmmmmm.....

-
Back