how's this 833 look?

-
Was it left outside in the rain with the side cover off? Unless it is around 50 bucks (just to have for parts) I would pass and find one in better (no rust) shape. You can find a better one for $100-$400.

Unless it is a bolt in and go tranny you will be into it another $150 (minimum) for a rebuilt kit. I am rebuilding a OD right now for my truck so I am going through the same thing right now.

I would pass on that one and look here in the for sale adds or look at brewers $895 ready to go

I would pass on that one and look here in the for sale adds or look at brewers $895 ready to go

Where did you see brewers for $895? On their site it's $999, plus a refundable $250 shipping container deposit, plus shipping. Me oh my that gets pricey quick!

alright, so that's a universal pass on that one. Just got a little excited because that's the first 833 I've seen locally since I bought the car 2 years ago.

Also thought the asking price was pretty good, cuz I come from the chevy world where yahoos think that a 40 year old muncie is worth a grand or more.

$150 firm. yeah, now that you guys say it should be anywhere from 50-150 in a good version that seems like a major rip.

-----It has the ball detent side cover, thats the early one-'pre od' era.------

---- Od's have the rooster comb with springs that usually binds up----they suck.

-----od's also have a 5''+ front bearing retainer.----

-----all 4spds will have a 4.35-4.80 bearing retainer, or something like that.

well, I'm just glad I registered and asked. when it comes to mopar 4-speeds I'm about as dumb as the stereotypical chevy guy.

-
Back