HP From this 360?

-
I have used that cam--you can expect 390 HP and about 410-415 ft/lbs. There are MUCH better cams out there nowadays. J.Rob

I think it is all relative to what you are doing. Those old Mopar cams still work great in the right place. I do agree there are more modern cams readily available, but to call them "better" I think is not necessarily correct. Maybe different. In something you want to drive literally everyday on the street, idling for long periods day in and day out, the valve train doesn't need to be beat to death with the fastest rates of lift around. The MP cams still have their place, IMO.

What I had in mind when I stated "better", was the fact that the duration @ .050" is 241 is a heck of a lot to make 400 hp or so. Cylinder head knowledge and execution has gotten so much better that big duration camshafts just aren't necessary to make moderate levels of power. You may have a point when discussing lobe intensity. Again though it doesn't make much sense to use an old slow lobe with Mopar's superior .904" lifter diameter which serves to "tame" the intensity for a given lift especially when compared to GM/Ford grinds. I know what I prefer when building Mopars. J.Rob

-
Back