I am setting this Story Staight I was there

-
i saw the first pic at cars in barns... there is said possible hemi car... never knew the story until just now...

I have 3 teenage kids who are all wanting cars pretty soon. I want to give them 3/4 ton trucks with six cyliners or maybe 4 cylinder Accords. Something slow and safe. On the other hand,

depends on how the kids are... ive been driving since 16 in all the muscle cars that are listed below. and never hit one thing with them.... 383 roadrunner, my vega with stroked small block on spray, cuda on spray, amx with 368 5 speed....... my 1000 kawi bike goes over 100 in 2nd...

drove customers vipers, new ford gt 40...

just need to know what is what. im no angel.. i burn out donuts been over 100 alot and no problems. i also only do it when im only one in car.

my buddy got a fox body stang and with 6 months rolled it killing the passenger.

im not worried one bit about my driving its everyone elses. i respect my cars cause last time i checked you cant go to a amc dealer ship and buy a new amx orr buy a new cuda for 3000.

I am with you racerkilla I have had hot cars from day one without killing myself. Tickets yup had lots. I did do one thing right and that has always been stay straight when behind the wheel. Even when running demolition derbys I did it straight.

I'm confused....I thought the original thread showed a Demon?

Sorry to all families involved....Tragic loss right there.

Lets calm down a bit. Before anyone jumps to conclusions or starts accusing anyone of anything, I think those are two different cars in two similiar but horiffic car crashes. Note that the damage at the right C-Pilliar is different from the photos from carsinbarns and the news clippings. Front end damage looks different too, I see no suspension, grill, or front bumper in the news photos. I also think I see a remnant of headers in the newspaper scan but I don't see them in the carsinbarns photo.

It is very possible that two RR's in two different states suffered damage in a similar fashion with teenagers at the wheel.

My belated condolences to all.

Oldmanmopar,
They are 2 different 1968 Mopars and wrecks. And they are both tragic, avoidable and a total waste.
My classmate was the driver of the 440 GTX. He and 2 of his buddies died in it.
The whole front clip was torn off in the impact and landed in somebody's front yard along with the engine and 1/2 the tranny.
The car was displayed at the Sharonville Fire Dept and brought there in 2 pieces. Notice the front clip is upside down in the picture.

Spring 1969
Kenny was attending Greenhills High School and his 2 buddies went to Princeton High School. They are both suburbs in northern Cincinnati.

http://examples.djpic.net/DrinkAndDrive/photos.html

That is the same car. We towed it there. The c pillar got pulled out while winching it off of the tree. They didn't cut the tree to prevent more damage. Also The remainder of the passengers were still in the car until it was pulled away The front was also torn away at that time. The pics show the hood on top of the fender sitting sideways. You can see the plymouth emblem. The fender is upright. These pics were taken from the field looking at the road. The car spun completely around the tree. The back of the car could not be seen from the road. But the front was facing out with the hood laying across sideways. The pole took off the left front including the wheel and then the tree entered at the a pillar while the car was sliding sideways. There was no Jaws of life back then alsono rollbacks. The tow truck was a retreiver with out riggers that we owned. The smaller tow truck could not move it off of the tree. The front was hooked and pulled away from the tree causing it to flip upside down. Then the back was hooked on the spring and drug torward the road causing more roof damage. Like I said I was there This is the car Cheater Slicks and all. The car eventually went to Scmeltsies Junk Yard in Emause where my brother inlaw bought the 410 Dana with the slicks. It was a 68 GTX Not a Roadrunner. So there was no simular crash using these pics. They are the same car.

Well that explains most of the differences I see. You were there so I certainly can't dispute what you say. But, I did want to point out that there is a possibility that it may not be the same car. No disrespect intended and I'm sorry you had to see that at such a young age, especially considering what you describe.

Oldmanmopar,
They are 2 different 1968 Mopars and wrecks. And they are both tragic, avoidable and a total waste.
The whole front clip was torn off in the impact and landed in somebody's front yard along with the engine and 1/2 the tranny.
The car was displayed at the Sharonville Fire Dept and brought there in 2 pieces. Notice the front clip is upside down in the picture.

Spring 1969
Kenny was attending Greenhills High School and his 2 buddies went to Princeton High School. They are both suburbs in northern Cincinnati.

. Yellowdartdave If what your saying is true Why doesn't any of the vehicals in the pictures. Including the firebird in the background and the GTX have a Ohio front License tag. In 1969 they had two tags front and rear in Ohio . Pennsylvania did not have front tags and they still do not have any today. Or did they take them off special for your pictures.

Just a sad fact that these young people lost their lives so long ago. Every accident that claims a life especially a young life is truly tragic. May they Rest In Peace.

Like I said, they are 2 different wrecks in 2 different towns with 2 different cars.

I was perusing thru the Cars in Barns site a couple of years ago and when I spotted Kenny's car, chills ran up my spine.
The 2nd website with the comments on Kenny and his buddies I just found today. Google is my friend.
As far as that goes, look up this website, http://www.ghspioneers.com/index.cfm

Scroll down the left side to the In Memory item, click on it, chose Class of 1971 and look for Kenny Wolfe.

Like I said before, the cars are different. Check the right rear roof pillar in both pictures.
And the lack of a front plate does not mean anything. Could never put it on (Kenny was sort of a wild child), could have been knocked off or the family could have retrieved it.
The picture was taken about a week after the wreck and the insurance co. arranged with the Sharonville Police and Fire Depts. to display it for all to see.
I don't intend to get into a pissing contest but I was there also.

Also, you said that the accident took off the left front wheel. If you notice on Kenny's car, it hit the tree on the RIGHT FRONT.

Oldmanmopar,

Spring 1969

This one happened on the road I live on... well before I was born though...

They have straighten the road where it happened...

I see this thread is a lil old so my apologies, but could not help filling in. Not sure who everyone is here but I know alot about this particular wreck and had the same reaction when I quite accidentally stumbled on this discussion. Kinda startled actually. I know quite a bit about the wreck and knew 1 of the guys who were killed pretty well. He was one of my brother's best friends. I did not know Kenny well but knew Danny Bolton very well. I also believe the car belonged to Kenny's older brother Arnold, who also tragically was killed in a motorcycle wreck I believe only 2 years after this. This wreck happened Friday night/Sat morning May 2nd '69. I think they were hanging out up off Williamson Rd. at Wolfe's father's construction company, got wasted and well, we see what happened. 16 yrs old + fairly fast car + alcohol ain't a good combo. Yea, no skid marks, nothing, just balls out right into that tree on Cornell. Weird finding that photo on the net. If I am not mistaken that photo was actually posted at that time in Life or Time mag as a warning about drinking and driving during the upcoming Memorial Day holiday. They were all jocks and at least Danny and Kenny hung out alot together, partied etc. I also remember it being said Kenny was actually wearing a helmet. Wow, seeing this make it all come back. That wreck at least for a time really shook people up around here. Yellow Dart Dave is absolutely correct. Kenny would have been class of 71 at GHHS, in Green Hills(near Cincinnati). The other 2 guys were seniors at Princeton High School. Month before their graduation. I also believe Kenny had gotten into a fight with his girlfriend that day and was acting out a bit. Anyway, YDD has his facts straight. Funny, I can't remember stuff from a week ago but I remember this like it was yesterday.

Exactly Dave. There was no wrecker detaching the car from the tree in this case. The front end was torn off and flung down the road at the moment of impact and the back half spun around and I believe ended up in the woods right off the bend there where that last house is before you head down the hill on Cornell. Somewhere around there. They knew the car was going well over 100 mph because the speedo was smashed into the plastic cover with the needle stuck where it was last registered which is apparently a fairly common phenomena when the tranny is hit hard. You mentioned Kenny being a "wild child". All those brothers were from what I know. Kenny, Arnold and Gene Jr. There were 3 boys in that family and 2 were killed within a 2 year span. Trivial pursuits maybe but like I had mentioned in my earlier post, it kinda freaked me a little finding that photo on this website.

I have the article. read the location in the article, ghostnotes I have put you on my ignore list because I do not want to rehash this. It just happened that I was there and had the original article to contradict what someone else was stating. No one likes to be called out on a false statement. So I guess I started a feud. Its over let it go. Steve

Attachments

• acrashpic1.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 504
  • acrashpic2.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 508
-
Back