I Am SO Tired Of This

-
My balls froze to my leg last week walking to work in -15 windchill for half an hour... :p

My balls froze to my leg last week walking to work in -15 windchill for half an hour... :p

LOL.
Super, I am SoCal born and raised. One year I went with my wife to visit her Aunt in Chicago for Christmas. Everything was just fine for a couple of days and I was really enjoying it. Then the wind came in off of the lake! I had two questions for my Aunt and Uncle
1. Why do you guys live here under these conditions.
2. When is the next flight out of Chicago-O'hare to L.A.?

A few years later I spent a week visiting them in July. Humidity was so bad I thought that I was drowing as I walked around.

Nice state to visit. Lots of history and rivers, real ones, not the concrete things I grew up knowing.

Thanks so much for your understanding and support, DFX 340 Duster.
You hit the nail right on the head! Those other FABO members that choose to live in other parts of this great country just don't understand the SoCal need for sunshine.
Of course, we really should be glad the Pilgrims landed where they did because if they'd originally landed on the West Coast nobody would have ever gone east!

Head north up the I-5.
Were having a sunny day up here in Sacramento, and Northern California.
:sunny:

My family lives in PA and my wifes lives up in Montana. They are stuck in side for over half the year. All I can say is. Sucks to be you. LOL My wife some times asks if we can move up to Montana when we retire. I don't rely want to. F that 40 below BS. It's not for me.

Thanks so much for your understanding and support, DFX 340 Duster.
You hit the nail right on the head! Those other FABO members that choose to live in other parts of this great country just don't understand the SoCal need for sunshine.
Of course, we really should be glad the Pilgrims landed where they did because if they'd originally landed on the West Coast nobody would have ever gone east!

If they landed on the west coast, we'd be celebrating Thanksgiving by eating a combo Chinese and Mexican food, two of my favorites when there's no Dungeness.

ROTFLMAO!!!!! I'm sorry for finding this thread funny but I can't help it. So far we don't have any snow on the ground. We did but the rain took it away. Normally we already have 3 feet on the ground by now on the way to 9 feet. Believe me when I say, don't complain about a weeks worth of rain. Try shoveling 9 feet of snow. One year we even walked up the snow when we were getting off the roof of the house. But, then again, I don't have to put up with poison snakes and spiders and such.

Jack
No, You only have to put up with friggen Grizzlys that want to chaw on your ass8)

went to Disney in CA one year, it started 'raining' more like sprinkling..not a Texas rain...anyway everyone headed for cover. My wife and I just kept riding rides, it was great. No one was in line...:)

Head north up the I-5.
Were having a sunny day up here in Sacramento, and Northern California.
:sunny:
Oooooooh now I may be jealous, Hemi71x. Are you an ex F-4 driver or WO? I have always wanted to go up in one but my number never came up and I never volunteered for Uncle Sam's service. My loss.

went to Disney in CA one year, it started 'raining' more like sprinkling..not a Texas rain...anyway everyone headed for cover. My wife and I just kept riding rides, it was great. No one was in line...:)
Rain days are the BEST time to go to Disneyland because of what you noted. It is a local secret around here.

I was in Austin in 2004 for my daughter's volleyball tournament. We had a few days of thunder showers. Now that was lightning and rain!! The drops were so large that most of the California girls were complaining that they hurt! Lightning bolts from one end of the sky to the other. It was great!!

My family lives in PA and my wifes lives up in Montana. They are stuck in side for over half the year. All I can say is. Sucks to be you. LOL My wife some times asks if we can move up to Montana when we retire. I don't rely want to. F that 40 below BS. It's not for me.

Maybe your wife's family doesn't leave the house for six months during the winter, but some of us aren't wimps. Here are some pictures of what real Montanans do for fun during the winter. And yes, I am wearing a light jacket and shorts. It was about 20 degrees. Not even close to cold yet.

Attachments

• Mopar4.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 119
  • Mopar5.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 151
  • Mopar6.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 125
You're correct on both counts, DFX.
Rain days are the best days to head for Disneyland. New Years Eve day is another good one because most folks are waiting for that nights party where the mouse lives. Went to Disneyland on a gray drizzly New Years Eve day a few years ago and it was great! Just walked on one ride after the other.
Texas and Louisiana rain storms are waaay different than SoCal rain. I did basic training and AIT at Ft. Polk, Louisiana, back in January thru May of 1970. I couldn't believe the rain storms - it was like God turned on a faucet! It just poured without any warmup at all. By the time you got your poncho out you were already soaked. Then it stopped just as fast. Freaky for a California boy that was used to the type of storms we have here.

Maybe your wife's family doesn't leave the house for six months during the winter, but some of us aren't wimps. Here are some pictures of what real Montanans do for fun during the winter. And yes, I am wearing a light jacket and shorts. It was about 20 degrees. Not even close to cold yet.

Real Montanan? LOL I will have to tell her that. She will get a kick out of it.

I live up in the mountains here in SoCal. We get snow too. Not enough to be a bother but just enough to have some fun for a day or two before it melts.

Going out to Glamis this week end to burn up some sand in the nice 60 degree weather. You have fun jumping off your roof.

Attachments

• alum4.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 110
Yeah, it's tough to see the sunrise and sunset 355 days out of the year! I just wish SoCal could become part of Maricopa County, Arizona.

If all you guys who are saying poor baby could afford to move to a place where you can drive your mopar about 99.5% of the year....I'm sure some of you would.

I live where it rains more than it shines, and I DO drive my Mopars about 99.5% of the year. Luckily mine came equipped with the device that will remove the rain from the windshield if I activate a switch.

California needs all the rain it can get. Remember, we've been in a drought for the past 4 seasons. S. California is just getting too much all at once. Look on the bright side, when the clouds clear up in a few days, you will be able to see the L.A. skyline and the mountains without a thick brown haze hanging over.

I hear ya about the rain and the dogs...My two Shar-Peis are miffed because they hate water and I had to close the glass doors to our back yard so they couldn't go and do their business...

Rain suxx here because SoCal drivers turn to asswipes when driving in the stuff.

Last nite, I had a job down in La Jolla and it took us 3 hours to get back to Huntington Beach. Traffic on the I-5 just sukked.

I did have a bit of a hint of rain-flooding into my game room from the back yard so I had to put down some extra large Beach Towels back there.

Hopefully they won't be ruined so that we can use them on the beach in a week or two, when the weather clears and we are back to a sunny 80F..

Peace / Out...:toothy10:

--

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhB4iuKjJLc&feature=related"]YouTube - Garbage I'm only happy when it rains[/ame]

Last time I went to Malibu it snowed for the first time in 20 years.

lol I guess I am weird I love the rain up here in Seattle and get depressed if its sunny for too long because the air is just so much crisper and cleaner after it rains!

HEY ROSS :cheers:

Are you crazy, depressed if its sunny for too long? I think you should just give me your Dart for making that statement.

Serioulsy though, i have lived here all my life, except a brief stint of living in Long Beach Ca. and if its rainy for too long i start getting a bad attitude. Last winter spoiled us around here, guess we are making up for it this yr.

I remember those rain storms in california though, crazy rain, and then water all over the place.

For all of you "macho" types in the snow fields, I can think of only one thing to say...
Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

(Now where did I put that smiley guy waving the finger?)

-
Back