I Am SO Tired Of This

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I know I'm not going to get any sympathy from you guys that get a lot of snow during the winter, and that's OK - I understand. But you gotta understand, I'm a native Southern Californian and it starts getting depressing after three days if I don't see the sun.
It's been raining for the past week here in SoCal and I'm SO tired of the rain, the crazy drivers, the dogs needing to go outside but won't go because of the rain, having to drain the pool because the rain is threatening to overflow it, all of it.
Been raining almost constantly for a week and the forecast is for at least two more days before we get a break on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Then they're forecasting more rain after Christmas. Enough already!
No offense to anybody in the "Great Northwest", but if I wanted to live in Seattle I'd move there!
OK, rant over. Thanks for putting up with it.

I see what you mean.
Personally I prefer snow before rain and snow we´ve got :cheers: :angry7:.
It´s been a long time since we´ve had this much snow this early of the winter.

lol I guess I am weird I love the rain up here in Seattle and get depressed if its sunny for too long because the air is just so much crisper and cleaner after it rains!

all I know is this better fix some of this drought we're in.

and yeah...wtf I need to exchange a 30 gal compressor for a 60 gal but it's raining and I have an open bed truck, agghhh!

ROTFLMAO!!!!! I'm sorry for finding this thread funny but I can't help it. So far we don't have any snow on the ground. We did but the rain took it away. Normally we already have 3 feet on the ground by now on the way to 9 feet. Believe me when I say, don't complain about a weeks worth of rain. Try shoveling 9 feet of snow. One year we even walked up the snow when we were getting off the roof of the house. But, then again, I don't have to put up with poison snakes and spiders and such.

Jack

Been raining almost constantly for a week and the forecast is for at least two more days before we get a break

Im from Oregon so this is my advise.

Put on your big boy pants and be a man. I deal with rain everyday so let me give you some pointers.

1. Look out side.

2. Say "It's Raining"

3. Go about your day, just like any other day.

I feel your pain. I am also a Southern Californian, born and raised for 30 some odd years. Now I have been stuck up here in New Hampshire for 21 years. In California when it is sunny it is warm, here it is cold. Only time its warm is when its cloudy here in N.E.. I literally feel sun starved.

The little creek behind my house has become white water rapids. I'm sick of the rain too, but if you think about it, we get it like this about every 6 or 7 years. Remember '03 or '04 when we had it like this and it filled Lake Hodges.

All that rain you're getting is our future forecast for Christmas Day, except it will be snow when it gets here.

I know the feeling, we're getting drenched in Vegas. I'm so used to leaving things out that I forgot I had a spare set of doors for the 68 Cuda sitting on the side of the house, now I'm guessing they're full of water :angry7:

You're right. You won't get sympathy. I can give you empathy, though. When I moved here from Montana, I didn't expect so much gloominess all winter long. I'm used to snow, sun, snow, sun, snow, sun, etc. Here it's, snow, rain, snow, rain, snow, snow, snow, rain. It's cloudy all winter. I don't dig it.

And as far as "drought" goes, I don't know how LA could ever not use that word. The water in the area is about enough to support 200,000 people. All of the water needed to keep the city "alive" is stolen from elsewhere in California and around the West. That city is going to be in a world of hurt if anything happens to its aqueducts or a major power outage stops the flow of water. Mulholland was a real bastard, and he helped LA grow to be one of the world's largest cities in an area that can't even come close to supporting the population.

I do not understand how people can live with there is no real seasonal changes. Wife was born and raised in Phoenix, this is her third winter up here and she absolutley loves it. She keeps hoping that we have a repeat of the record setting 2008 winter. I asked her yesterday if she wanted to move back to Phoenix, she said never.....

different strokes for different folks.

If all you guys who are saying poor baby could afford to move to a place where you can drive your mopar about 99.5% of the year....I'm sure some of you would.lol

have fun slippin on some ice and breakin yer arm in yer driveway you cold weather enthusiasts.... yer my hero's.lol

Well I learned that I like a climate and not weather lol. Really I can stand the cold better that many local natives but I still hate snow. And the lack of old car parts in the yards.

lol I guess I am weird I love the rain up here in Seattle and get depressed if its sunny for too long because the air is just so much crisper and cleaner after it rains!

Nothing like some liquid sunshine is there Ross. I thought it rained a lot here till I lived in Southeast Alaska for awhile.

Weather is whacked everywhere. Snowstorms in Europe anyone? Little rain might not seem like much of a burden to bear, but you will get tired of being soggy eventually. Personally, I hate that wet cold you get in spring and early winter. Much rather have is snowing than deal with slush.

different strokes for different folks.

If all you guys who are saying poor baby could afford to move to a place where you can drive your mopar about 99.5% of the year....I'm sure some of you would.lol

have fun slippin on some ice and breakin yer arm in yer driveway you cold weather enthusiasts.... yer my hero's.lol
More to life than driving a car....

More to life than driving a car....
I'm sure there is...
theres surfing, horse back riding, jogging, fishing, golfing, bars to drink at and I'm sure around there in that weather you could shoot s:toothy10:mething or net shell fish, but this is a car site....so I'm sticking to cars and the pleasure of being able to jump in my mopar a body anytime and hit the road.:cheers:

btw on a serious note, whats hot this season in hunting around there, or does everything pretty much hide out during the colder part of the year?

Very hard to sell hay in this weather. Had to go pull my driver out of the mud the other day. That was fun.

I am with OCDart on this SoCal deluge that we are having to endure.
It was fun at first because I didn't have to change my habits, but now the temperatures have plunged into the mid-50s! That means that I have had to wear my foul-weather long-sleeved t-shirts. I can't wear my fur-lined sandals because of all of the rain so I have to turn on the heater in the car to warm my toes. Lately, the rain has been so constant that all of my baseball style hats are soaked which forced me to get out my hooded sweatshirt but I leave the front un-zippered. If we get that dreaded cold front in and the temps get down into the upper 40s or low 50s then I am prepared to zipper it up!
The car cover on my Duster is soaked. I want to bring the car into the garage and put it next to the Polara so I can work on it but it will get my garage floor wet as it drip dries. And you all know what a mess that can be.
Also, I have been told that there are devices on the cars that will remove the rain from the windshield if I activate a switch and that way I can drive while this liquid substance falls from the sun-blockers in the sky. Can anyone tell me if this is true?
In closing, I thank all of you non-SoCal Fabo members for your words of support and encouragement for us stiff upper lip Southern California Fabo members that have to endure so much time without driving in sunshine.

-
Back