I Am SO Tired Of This

-
In general, we as a people here in the U.S. have grown accustomed to a very pampered lifestyle.

The thing which our out of state ( and out of country ) brothers don't realise is this : nothing here is designed / built with rain in mind ( streets , buildings , houses , public places , shopping centres , etc. , etc. ) , so when there's this much god damned rain and/or when there's six days in a row of this **** , everything gets really f'ed up BIG time .

I make deliveries for a living , and am on the road for 120 - 180 miles a day , plus my 30 mile round trip to / from work . Considering that most people around here are selfish pricks , brain dead welfare leeches , and other ASSorted dumb ***** , the driving situation only get worse ... much worse .

So while our brothers whom reside in Washington , Oregon , or any other state which sees this much **** rain for this many days in a row , let me say this :
at least you guys have lots of enclosed buildings , shopping , etc. , etc. , and your houses are designed with rain in mind .

The other thing is this : none of our seriously overpaid officials see fit to fix / prevent problems before they happen .
Storm drains are backing up ; trees are falling ; pot holes are growing ; broken pavement is breaking-up even more so ; archaic above ground power lines are being snapped by the gale force winds ; roads are flooding ; dumb **** people are driving with either no lights on , or just those irritating daytime running lights ( how about being able to see your dumb *** from behind , through the spray and mist of the water on the roads ?!? ) ; and pools of water build-up because of lack of maintenance of storm drains .
Since so many of these idiots like to speed and tailgate around here , it's nerve wracking trying to prepare to stop or slow down due to a flooded road , traffic stopped ahead , or whatever else is going on .

While I can appreciate the humourous comments , ball busting , and genuine advice , please remember this , my out of state brothers : can you guys take the heat of triple-digit temps ?? Oh , and these triple-digit temps with gnarly thunderstorms , which happen here quite frequently in Summer ?? Yeah , I know ... you guys get rain and high humidity in the Summer ; but , how about 100+ degree temps with that 80% - 100% humidity ?

Well , I've gotta go . Gotta head to work , and deal with day number 6 of this **** rain , and the resultant idiots .
Hopefully my 1972 Coronet's interior is dry enough now so that the windows don't fog up while I'm driving ... time to rob a bank so that I can enough money to afford to fix my car's window leaks and get a new heater core ...

The thing which our out of state ( and out of country ) brothers don't realise is this : nothing here is designed / built with rain in mind ( streets , buildings , houses , public places , shopping centres , etc. , etc. ) , so when there's this much god damned rain and/or when there's six days in a row of this **** , everything gets really f'ed up BIG time .

I make deliveries for a living , and am on the road for 120 - 180 miles a day , plus my 30 mile round trip to / from work . Considering that most people around here are selfish pricks , brain dead welfare leeches , and other ASSorted dumb ***** , the driving situation only get worse ... much worse .

So while our brothers whom reside in Washington , Oregon , or any other state which sees this much **** rain for this many days in a row , let me say this :
at least you guys have lots of enclosed buildings , shopping , etc. , etc. , and your houses are designed with rain in mind .

Well , I've gotta go . Gotta head to work , and deal with day number 6 of this **** rain , and the resultant idiots .
Hopefully my 1972 Coronet's interior is dry enough now so that the windows don't fog up while I'm driving ... time to rob a bank so that I can enough money to afford to fix my car's window leaks and get a new heater core ...

I feel for you, i remember living there and one yr 92 or 93 it rained like heck for a month in March or April. My patio thingy flooded and ran into the house and there was that huge landslide in Malibu that covered PCH.

One thing i have always hated, and never done anything about, is the fogging up windows, especialy the rear windows on my older cars, and the lack of Chrysler to put two outside mirrors on their cars, grrrr, i need a rear window defogger.

Thanks so much for your understanding and support, DFX 340 Duster.
You hit the nail right on the head! Those other FABO members that choose to live in other parts of this great country just don't understand the SoCal need for sunshine.
Of course, we really should be glad the Pilgrims landed where they did because if they'd originally landed on the West Coast nobody would have ever gone east!
I can relate to the dog thing. Whats bothering me is my burnouts aren't as fun..theres no smoke or noise....

One thing people do not think of. California is a car centered state. They have cars from all ages running as daily drivers. Even the ones with open crank case ventilation. This leaves a oily trail on all the roads and when it mixes with rain it can be as bad as ice. And Californians have no idea how to drive that way.

In general, we as a people here in the U.S. have grown accustomed to a very pampered lifestyle.

speak for yourself,

and then take another look at europe

With all the comforts we have it baffles me that anyone thinks we are not a pampered people. If if you feel you're not, well okay. And I also don't understand how Europe relates to my simple comment that we live pampered lives in the U.S.

Awaiting abrasive response from you:toothy10:

you canadians will be crying to us if you're ever attacked.:usa2:

remember you're neutral:hippy2:.....you have no opinion.:stfu:

Who told you we are a neutral country? First I ever heard of it. We have troops in Afganistan right now. I know because my son just got back from there after a 7 month tour of duty.

Also remember, there has only been one country to truly defeat the U.S. in a war. Yup you guessed it, Canada. You better be careful. LOL

Jack

The LA basin gets about 12 to 14 inches of rain total in a year. They have over 10" in the last few day alone! Think about your area getting its total years rain in 3-4 days! It is just like it was back in 69. But on the plus side wait until March when the dessert blooms!

California needs all the rain it can get. Remember, we've been in a drought for the past 4 seasons. S. California is just getting too much all at once. Look on the bright side, when the clouds clear up in a few days, you will be able to see the L.A. skyline and the mountains without a thick brown haze hanging over.
Thick brown haze......you mean smog??? This is the thing that everybody seems to forget to mention about down that way......That is the very same stuff that causes the pretty sunsets you see. Thanks to that crap I now have a permanent sinus infection........

While I can appreciate the humourous comments , ball busting , and genuine advice , please remember this , my out of state brothers : can you guys take the heat of triple-digit temps ?? Oh , and these triple-digit temps with gnarly thunderstorms , which happen here quite frequently in Summer ?? Yeah , I know ... you guys get rain and high humidity in the Summer ; but , how about 100+ degree temps with that 80% - 100% humidity ?
Lived in Mesa AZ for 16 years, first summer there we had 100+ days of 100+*. First 7 years of living there I commuted on a bike. So yes, I can take that kind of heat. What do you think, it takes some kind of "tough guy" to live there or something:toothy10::toothy10:? And I would never go back to it.....,much rather live where it is seasonal......hey, can you guys even still own a single shot bb gun? Was out out in my garage the other day and noticed that must of my gun cases said not legal for sale in CA.

With all the comforts we have it baffles me that anyone thinks we are not a pampered people. If if you feel you're not, well okay. And I also don't understand how Europe relates to my simple comment that we live pampered lives in the U.S.

I was only razzing the other guy about the rain but pampered you say? Don't forget Canada. We share the pampered thing with you. We have 4 tv's, 3 computers, 2 snow blowers, 4 cars and a whole host of appliances and gadgets. We in North America consume a large part of the world natural resourses as well as oil and natural gas. We expect the snow to be cleared up here, the next day and ***** when it takes too long.

There is a real psycological disorder called S.A.D. - Seasonal Affective Disorder (at least that's what it was called when I was in school). Some of you guys up north have probably heard of it or dealt with it before. Basicly when people succeptable to S.A.D. don't get enough sunlight they get depressed, angry, even suicidal. It's a big problem in Alaska. The treatment is (no joke) to sit in front of a sunlamp for x hours a day, and turn on a lot of lights in the house to brighten everything up. I can see where a solid week of rain would be a shock to the system of someone who has spent their entire life in SoCal.

Doesn't mean your not a still a crybaby, I'm just sayin'.

Still raining. I am building an Ark! Got the lumber now all I need is two of each chick. Two red heads, two blonds, two with D cups, two DD cups two super models, ect ect.......

Still raining. I am building an Ark! Got the lumber now all I need is two of each chick. Two red heads, two blonds, two with D cups, two DD cups two super models, ect ect.......
Get out there and start rounding them up, and don't forget to post some pictures...:toothy10:

Get out there and start rounding them up, and don't forget to post some pictures...:toothy10:

YEEEEHAAAAA!!!!!!!!! ??????????? errrrr......... wait. Where the hell did I put my cowboy hat? Can't go on a roundup with out it:toothy10:

where do you think toilets that wash yer *** for you came from?

I work hard and don't need the pampering you do or speak of.
but I see some that do, todays young people are being bathed in it....

It's the parents fault too, trying to make it easier than they had it, it just enables them to be sissy's.

Abrasive? gimmie a break...:toothy10:

Who told you we are a neutral country? First I ever heard of it. We have troops in Afganistan right now. I know because my son just got back from there after a 7 month tour of duty.

Also remember, there has only been one country to truly defeat the U.S. in a war. Yup you guessed it, Canada. You better be careful. LOL

Jack

My cousin returned a few months ago. Please thank your Son for me Jack.
We are very proud of all our troops.

Well, OCDart should be a little happier right now. It stopped raining for about the last three hours. The sidewalks and streets are starting to have dry patches. I was able to get out and buy my Christmas tree during this lull. The past 7 days were a bit windy along with the rain and walking the tree lots was an adventure with things blowing around.
Incidentally, the ants stopped using my family room floor as a freeway. When the ground gets saturated, the little buggers will take a short cut through the house. As long as there is nothing to eat they just get to the other side of the house and disappear. Usually lasts anywhere from a couple of hours to a couple of days.
Hey! There are patches of intense blue sky! I always love the color of the sky after it rains. Reminds me of the Arizona/New Mexico sky.
OK, think I will get the Duster into the garage before the next series of storms hit.

-
Back