I did it again....

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I bought Bass number 6.... and the Wife isn't amused. But I just couldn't resist ......it was staring back at me with "that look", just like the others.... it was speaking to me, quietly at first, then it started SCREAMING at me: Buy me. Buy me. Buy me.

So I bought it....

Number6-vi.jpg

It's a Schecter 8 string w/ EMG active pick ups. Got a screaming (no pun intended...) deal on it. Who am I to pass up something else to blow my money on? But this guitar comes at a price: I have to sell some old ones. So, I'm getting rid of 2 guitars I own, my Yamaha fretless, and a Carlo Robelli. If anyone is interested, I have them listed on e-Bay. Drop me a note and I'll forward the links.

Oh yeah, my car was supposed to be media blasted today. I was promised a phone call when it was done. I got no phone call....:banghead:

onehellofadart said:
Looks good John!
musik15.gif

You finally made it!! :salut:

Welcome to the "Two Bank Account Breaking Hobbies Club". :sign5:

THREE! You forgot about my fetish for vintage model car kits! THANK GOD I haven't been scratching that itch lately! Last kit I bought was the original issue AMT Hurst Hemi Under Glass kit that cost almost as much as the 8 string Bass I just bought!

OriginalHUG-vi.jpg

All I need now is 2 girlfriends and a nasty Coke habit.....then we'd be REALLY spending cash! :laughing:

Fender percission 4 string with a jass master back up bass is all Ive ever got to play.
That is one bad a$$ bass FASTBACK340!!!! congrad on the Schecter :headbang:

mikesduster said:
me...im looking for a 6 string bass to play in church.

Got me a 5`er thats driving me crazy. After playing 4 strings for 30+ yrs. NOW there's an extra string! All kidding aside, that low B will rattle your teeth. It's a Yamaha RBX-775

5String-vi.jpg

And this is my baby: `93 American Fender Precision California Special.

PBass2-vi.jpg

The 8 string is strung with a Bass & guitar string next to each other, like a 12 string guitar. You hold them both at the same time. They are tuned 4 octaves apart. Nice full sound....
GRM006-vi.jpg

My arsenal is complete. For now.....

Nice!!! :thumbup: I'm actually getting ready to buy another 6 string (I play guitar not bass!) but everything is expensive! I'm also planning on buying some new tubes for the ole '68 bassman amp, I don't think I have enough money for both music and my car! :sad1:

Call me old school but I like the 93 fender you have there FASTBACK340.
very sweet :toothy7:

memike said:
Call me old school but I like the 93 fender you have there FASTBACK340.
very sweet :toothy7:

I agree: The P-Bass is probably THE most comfortable Bass to play. Great sound too! I bought the 5 because a few of the songs we wrote are dropped tuned and my guitarist tunes one of his guitars to the bottom 6 of a 7 string set: low B also.... Talk about deep & dark! The 8 string is really an experiment. We'll see how it works in. But I'm a 4 banger at heart.... :thumbup:

I know the feeling, I have 2 PRS Custom 24`s, a 1988 PRS bass, a Taylor 912C acoustic and a Larrivee acoustic. I just sold my Tom Anderson Drop Top on Ebay last month. I found out the other day that Tom will be shutting down operations in March 2007 becoming the only employee in his company. Now I feel like I probably sold the guitar for a song! Oh well, timing is everything.

ThogtheCaveman said:
Nice!!! :thumbup: I'm actually getting ready to buy another 6 string (I play guitar not bass!) but everything is expensive! I'm also planning on buying some new tubes for the ole '68 bassman amp, I don't think I have enough money for both music and my car! :sad1:

Is that a pre-CBS Bassman? I know those older Fender amps are highly sought, especially the Bassman. As you know, guitarist love `em too! As for toys being expensive, I agree... but whats the sense in not enjoying things you might not be able to enjoy later in life?

Do it while you can if you can....

I might have to come see you for lessons on that. My daughter wants to learn the 6 string regular and my son has re-Santa ordered a drum set. My wife can kick tail on a keyboard. Plays by ear and is excellent at figuring out tunes.
(He he he, the rockin rumbles LOL. Oh I kill myself.)

Update: Can you believe UPS delivered my guitar THREE DAYS EARLY! It was scheduled for Monday, and it showed up today. Especially during the holiday season! Go figure....

GRM071-vi.jpg

GRM073-vi.jpg

GRM072-vi.jpg

I love it!

BTW: Cuda update....and it's NOT good. Car hasn't been touched. I'm towing it out tomorrow and delivering it to another shop. Details to follow.....

I was self taught, I had a cheap les Paul knock off that was OK, but I had an Ibanez that I loved but I sold because I needed the money. Somedays I wish I had it back.

I just donated my kit to the local Boys and Girls Club a couple of years ago, but I can use it whenever I want

th_DSC00474.jpg
th_DSC00462.jpg

Of course I'm almost 59 now-Don't know if you want an old drummer. :headbang: :farao:

FASTBACK340 said:
Is that a pre-CBS Bassman? I know those older Fender amps are highly sought, especially the Bassman. As you know, guitarist love `em too! As for toys being expensive, I agree... but whats the sense in not enjoying things you might not be able to enjoy later in life?

Do it while you can if you can....

No, CBS bought Fender in '65 I believe, so everything before that is pre-CBS. I wish it was, it's a silverface, but supposedly the wiring on a '68 silverface bassman is the same as the blackface bassman version, which started pre-CBS i think. Either way, I like the sound of it, but I'm thinking of getting the THD yellow jacket standard duet adapter. Basically, it is EL84 tubes (the most common type found in british amps, so you get the sweet brit rock sound, ala cream) with adapters so you can plug them into the 6L6s that are found in most Fender amps, without needing to rebias the amp. They are only 99 dollars, plus it lowers the output from 50 watts to about 20 watts, so I can more easily overdrive the amp!

Nice bass John!! Six string guy myself, have a 1966 Guild hollowbody electric and a 2003 Fender Custom Tele, (plus about other guitars, banjo, mandolin, fiddle) that I play thru a 1963 Fender Super Reverb. Just had the amp gone thru, new speakers, tighten all the tube sockets etc...sounds super.
We all need to get together and jam sometime, I play mostly country but I got some oldies, classic rock, plus whatever you want to try.

GTGrinly said:
Nice bass John!! Six string guy myself, have a 1966 Guild hollowbody electric and a 2003 Fender Custom Tele, (plus about other guitars, banjo, mandolin, fiddle) that I play thru a 1963 Fender Super Reverb. Just had the amp gone thru, new speakers, tighten all the tube sockets etc...sounds super.
We all need to get together and jam sometime, I play mostly country but I got some oldies, classic rock, plus whatever you want to try.

I'd be up to jam.....except I think I am the only one on the West Coast :wack: . Hey, do you wanna trade your Super Reverb for my Bassman???? O:)

Okay, I have to throw my two cents in here too. Ovation UKII solid body with a 76(?) Fender Super Twin & Line 6 Pod. :rock: Don't play as often as I used to, so I'm not as good as I used to be. :sad11:

:burnout:

UK II.jpg

-
Back