I don't really drink - girl wants to meet for "drinks" what to do? NEED ADVICE!!!!

-
drinks doesn't mean "drunk''....have a cold one, knock the edge off, and have some fun!

take a chance...Columbus did!

Buy her all she can drink if shes hot then take advantage of her and go from there. She probably wont remember much.

Well,some really good advise here,and some really funny stuff too! I'd go,be myself and limit myself to 1-2 drinks for politeness sake.After that,go for the coffee,soda or wty. This might help put her at ease.

Ordering appy's is a great idea,it helps to have some comfort food to snack on while you two talk.

Dont forget to explain that you dont normally drink at all,but a once in a while thing wont kill ya,lol! I dont drinkl either,but it's mostly because most beer contains wheat plus alcohol doesnt mix with my meds,lol..

Buy her all she can drink if shes hot then take advantage of her and go from there. She probably wont remember much.

Yeah but he might especially if he catches the new type of gonorrhea that has no known cure.....yep, some nasty stuff going around fellas.

Stay out of panties.

And by the words of the late great Ronnie James DIO (RIP)......

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X10xr96RzQI"]YouTube - Black Sabbath - Country Girl[/ame]

wjaholic, don't overthink all this, and stick to your plan of having 1 or 2 beers max, or a watered down drink, as "getting together to have drinks" is a common term these days and doesn't mean she will be itching to do shots. If shes good company, have fun.

Like some of the others said- they usually dont pay attention to what your havin.

In my experience "meet for Drinks" is different from "go out drinking" a beer if it is in your norm with dinner is likely what she means if not proally not your kinda chick

Meet her, have some appetizers, drink a beer or two and switch to Coke.
If she sits there and gets hammered, she's not girlfriend material.

Not saying that couldn't serve another purpose.....:D
Bring condoms just in case.

When I registered on here I owned and wheeled an '01 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Jeep WJ). I was REALLY in to it at the time so it seemed natural.

I like WJ keeps.
Almost scored a 123-k mile one for $1500 from my mother in law but she could not get the same deal unless she traded it in.
Crap, I really wanted it, it was a sandalwood 97 and all it needed was the dreaded new PCM....doh!

I've done the online thing. I met a young lady for tea. Hell, I don't drink no damn tea! We both ended up having a fruit punch slurpee kind of drink and just talked. Didn't go any further but she was stacked up top! Just go and enjoy yourself. Most people say "meet for drinks" because it's what people are saying these days. Doesn't necessarily mean drinks. She probably just wants to meet you. Go for it!

When a girl wants to meet for drinks the emphasis is on meet, not on drinks. Meet her and order whatever you want.

Meeting for drinks is safer because it's easier to cut it short if the chemistry's not there. Dinner and a movie is a long term committment. You'll know she's into you if it doesn't end after the first drink.

Good Luck.

Girls want the same thing guys want...honesty and confidence. If you don't drink alcohol, order what you normally drink and don't think a thing about it. If it comes up in conversation, tell her it's not really your gig and move on, tell an embarrassing story about a time that you did get drunk, whatever. Take pride in yourself and how you treat your body and the decisions you make, and stop second-guessing yourself. She'll be impressed by your faith in yourself and your independence way more than she'll be impressed by how much alcohol you can consume or your ability to follow the pack.

Think about it like this: We all love Mopar because they're the best, and they're the best because they do what they want to do, not what everyone else does, right? So, do your own thing. You will not regret it.

Besides, all my lady friends like a man that does not drink much. You're much more stable, reliable, and a lot less likely to do regrettable things later. If you can enjoy the night without booze, she will probably respect you more for it.

You need to be upfront with yourself as well as her. It'd be a shame to build a relationship on false premise.

Kenny Rogers said something very important,

"You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away and know when to run."

You don't need beer, drink soda. I have seen many people do that. Don't stress it and you'll be find.

Don't fret about it. Be confident. It will be fun meeting her but with this online dating stuff the odds are against her being your soulmate so consider this a practice run. Just drink what you normally drink.

I say don't say anything about not drinking and see how she really is about getting drunk. If she is a lush you can just say not interested in another date. No harm no foul. Better than telling her what you expect and finding out later how she really is.

I have a weekly meeting and there is couple I normally go out with afterwards. My wife meets us for drinks because she isn't in to our organization. The couple we go out with and my wife order beer and mixed drinks but I don't ever drink so I order my Dr. Pepper. Sometimes there will be 8 or 10 of us go out and there will be about 50% that drink and 50% that don't. I have never been in a place that I have been treated differently because I don't drink. Don't sweat the small stuff and be yourself.

I like the way you think.

That reminds me of a joke:

It's math class and the teacher asks, "If there are 5 birds on a telephone wire and you shoot one of them, how many are left?"

Little Suzy raises her hand and replies, "Four".

"That's right", says the teacher.

Little Johnny raises his hand and replies, "None."

The teacher asks why, and Johnny replies, "After the other birds hear the gunshot they will all fly away."

The teacher says, "The correct answer is 4, but I like the way you think..."

Johnny then asks, "If there are three women on a park bench eating ice cream. One takes very short licks of her cone, the next one takes long licks from the bottom to the top of her cone, and the third one puts the whole end with the ice cream in her mouth and then slowly pulls it out. Which one is married?"

The teacher thinks for a minute and then replies, "The one that puts the whole ice cream part in her mouth and pulls it out slowly."

Little Johnny replies, "No, the one with the ring on her finger, but I like the way you think..."

Have you asked your wife what she thinks you should do??

she asked to go out for drinks not get drunk lol. have a beer or two, like u said u drink and be urself

-
Back