I feel guilty about something that I did tonight.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just an example so I have a better idea of how the opposing opinion works. No offense is intended to any of the parties.

So lets say for example, 604 Racing sold his Dart to Badart and finances the car. Then lets say Badart can no longer make payments so he hides the Dart from 604 Racing who just wants his car back if he isn't going to get paid. In this example lets say 340plot knows where the Dart is, but its none of his business so he says nothing. So 604 Racing is out the money and the car, and Badart has the car without paying for it. Do I have it right? Is that the way its supposed to work? Is that justice? Did 340plot do the right thing in this example?

This is just an example so I have a better idea of how the opposing opinion works. No offense is intended to any of the parties.

So lets say for example, 604 Racing sold his Dart to Badart and finances the car. Then lets say Badart can no longer make payments so he hides the Dart from 604 Racing who just wants his car back if he isn't going to get paid. In this example lets say 340plot knows where the Dart is, but its none of his business so he says nothing. So 604 Racing is out the money and the car, and Badart has the car without paying for it. Do I have it right? Is that the way its supposed to work? Is that justice? Did 340plot do the right thing in this example?
That's awesome. I can't wait to read these responses! :happy1:

That's awesome. I can't wait to read these responses! :happy1:

here is my final thought on the situation...

THERE IS A TIME AND PLACE, FOR SNITCHING.

THIS WAS NOT THE TIME OR THE PLACE. HE HAD NO RIGHT. HE SHOULD OF MINDED HIS OWN F-ING BUSINESS..

GREED IS WHAT CAUSED HIM TO CALL THE DRIVER BACK AFTER THE TRUCK OWNER GOT HOME. TO BLATENTLY SNITCH HIM OUT FOR THE MONEY, AS HE STAED HIMSELF

I AM DONE WITH THIS. EVERYONE HAS THEIR OPINION. THE O.P HAS TO LIVE WITH HIS CHOICE, RIGHT OR WRONG

when i sday there is a time and palce to snitch, and this was not the correct time or place, what i mean is, it was something non life threating. IT WAS PETTY
can you imagine something so petty, thaty the driver told him who snitched, and that guy came to the o.p house and blew some brains out of someone, over something petty?

there is my point. why put yourself out there like that to even take a chance.
also, can you imagine now, when the guy sees the paper work for a check written to a neibor for reporting the truck. and now he will be frowned upon around town, and called a informant, snitch, behind his back

I had a vehicle repoed back in 2005. It was a 2003 Hemi Ram Quad Cab 4x4 Sport. Had put side steps on it, custom bumble bee stripe and other graphics, headlight covers, taillight covers, and had just put brand new BF Goodrich All Terrain KO's on it ($1600)!!...20" wheels, and a bunch of other dress up stuff.
I unfortunately had to quit my job of 4yrs, it was literally killing me, welding galvy all day without proper ventilation....my septum started eroding away and bleeding all the time, still does to this very day, and lifting 120lbs literally over 100 times in an 8hr shift. Yeah this job just started to take a toll on my body.
In the mean time, I had also just got hired as a full time youth pastor at a church a few towns over. So that made the transition easier. I then got another full time job in the school system working as a special needs (Autism) aid.
Needless to say the money was still not enough, was still trying to pay it but one day, while with one of my youths visiting a congregant, the repo man showed up.
He told me that I was absolutely the nicest guy that he'd ever had to repo something from. (I guess most try to flee and come out with weapons and such) He drove me to my house and let me empty the truck out. Told him my dilemma, and he was a very nice guy. He tried reassuring me that the truck will go for a pretty decent price tag at the auction if I can't get it back. He still mananged to tell me he was blown away by how easy the repo was and that he pretty much wished all were as easy going as I was.
This all to say....I knew it was a matter of time, I just waited it out. I even had the truck for sale locally and put it on ebay....had one offer of $19,900 but I was greedy and figured I could get more out it.....it auctioned off for around $9000 by the bank!!
This was a humbling experience and God taught me a lot from it. Showed me I didn't need to drive something "$$$ ego cool" to get around. Although I do now, but I straight up own it!! My 66 Val.

Well normally I stay out of other people's business.

You should have!!!

I told my wife to use the money for new shoes for her and all of our kids and work boots for me. What do you think???????
Sorry but that is dirty money.You should tear up that check and throw it in the trash.

If this was about bring in some one in on a criminal charge it would be Okay.
I have been on both sides of this situation.
In 1985,
I bought a 1983 Ford F150 from a local Ford dealer at a fair price and used it for construction work.Well I made my payments on time and in 1986 ,construction in Austin Tx was gone.I got 3 months behind and was struggling to make my payments,I did everything with Ford Credit to catch up.Then the rear-end went out in that truck.
I felt I had no choice I used my truck payment to fix my 1970 Ford pickup and towed my 1983 to the country.
Me and my friend got some good work in Houston TX.
I was gone 3 months,my neighbors said they saw repo man several times....
I sold my 1970 Ford in Houston when our gig was up.
I returned to Austin and paid my past due bill that was about $2400.00 and put another rear end in it.I paid that truck off only a few months later.
SO I GUESS I WAS THIEF WITH NO MORAL CHARACTER !!!
Does anyone knows what happens when a vehicle is repo-ed?
Well they take that repo charge it to your loan ,they auction that vehicle for whatever price and deduct that from your balance.
Hey that guy lost his truck but he still owes money to who financed it,It ain't over.
If my truck at that time was repo-ed,they would have charged me the fee,got about $700 for it in auction and would have left me owing 3000 to 4000 thousand for no truck and just to retain my credit.
When you hit rock bottom it is just survival.
Maybe the guy was going in tomorrow to pay his bill and now he has a repossession charge tacked on.
Who knows it is not your business,it is his.
DO NOT BE SURPRISED IF THAT TRUCK IS BACK IN HIS DRIVEWAY IN A WEEK.I can not tell you how many construction jobs that went unpaid or delayed..Some check were rather large...
In 1995
I did repo work.I heard ever story in the book...
Check in the mail...blah blah blah
I use to tell people that I owed money to Johnny or what ever the guy name was to his family,friends or neighbors...Call me when you see him.
My attitude back then was everyone was a liar.
The job paid well because it was dangerous.
Would you hesitate to shoot at someone stealing your car.
We always notified Police prior to recovering vehicle and even got police assistance on some.
What made me get out of that line of work,was my attitude...
I was lying to people to get info and I mistrusted everyone.
That job was making me a real bad person...And I was a bad person.
Thank God that is in the past and that I learned from it.
I do not believe that you are a bad person,I just feel that you made the wrong decision for financial gain...
Hey you asked what do we think and I telling you.
TXDart
P.S. Is my little brother a thief for signing on the bottom line for a house in Miami and losing everything he owned and forcing the bank to short sell his house for 1/2 of the mortgage.

I guess the rest of us are a bunch of suckers for standing by our obligations. Yeah stick it to The Man. We all are The Man you idiots. Mods please delete this thread.

Wow, someone's fancy, expensive truck gets taken away because they don't pay for it, and people are quick to denounce an honest man.

Read some books by Dave Ramsey. Unless it is a house, save up and pay CASH for it.

I haven't had a car payment for many years. My daily driver's are a crappy '98 Dakota work truck with 130K on it that gets 26 MPG, and a '98 Ram 1500 quad cab with 216K on it that we bought over 10 years ago. When you don't take out a loan on a vehicle, guess what? You never miss a payment!

I recently fired a driver who had been using one of my 2008 Dodge Sprinter company delivery vans as work transportation without my knowledge. Why? Because even though he had enough money for he and his girlfriend to pay a $50/each cover charge to get into a private sex club the weekend prior, he was hiding his car from the repo man.

Whatever happened to personal responsibility? Personally, if a repo guy was looking for my one of my own daughter's cars, I would tell him where it was without expecting a reward. It's the right thing to do. You know the rules when you sign the lien papers.

The OP should keep the check, and maybe anonymously send his irresponsible neighbor a book from here: http://www.daveramsey.com/home/ Maybe he'll learn something about financial priorities.

To me it sounds like someone wanted $500 bucks if it was me I would have said I don't know what truck you are talking about. If I needed $500 bucks then you and that guy are on the same boat. Have fun

Bacon
bacon Bacon Bacon
bacon Bacon
bacon Bacon Bacon
bacon Bacon Bacon
bacon Bacon
bacon Bacon
bacon Bacon Bacon
bacon Bacon
bacon
bacon Bacon
bacon Bacon