I feel guilty about something that I did tonight.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't spend that money until the check has been deposited and cleared.

As far as the repo goes, I'm guessing the guy didn't miss a payment or TWO. Part of the agreement for ownership involved a commitment to make a monthly payment. When he broke that commitment he no longer owns the truck.

If it would make you feel better, when (if) ya get the check, cash it. Give half to your wife, put half in a blank white envelope and leave it in his mailbox.
It wont fix anything, but maybe it would perk up his day...

Then the following day after you put the cash filled envelope in his mailbox, a quad appears...

Some people take everything they can get and not honor the agreement.
Way to many actually.
THAT is what's wrong with the world today.
People that try to live off everone else make me sick.
AND anyone trying to defend that "wasn't your business" thing should understand that If they lived "As a man"
I hate that (if I can get away with it you should help me) attitude.
Thats how sociopaths think.

Yea I said it, so.

Then the following day after you put the cash filled envelope in his mailbox, a quad appears...

If it would make you feel better, when (if) ya get the check, cash it. Give half to your wife, put half in a blank white envelope and leave it in his mailbox.
It wont fix anything, but maybe it would perk up his day...

I think that i will do that. :D

hey, i am only posting in reply to orignal poster!. do not make like you know me to say i would hide out too....

now that you say that. put yourself in that guys shoes'. i know damn right every single guy on here no matter who, if they took out a loan on a truck, and then was not able to afford it, maybe 10% would volantary turn it in, as it destroys your credit just as much as them comming to get it. every one of you would keep it as long as possible.

my main point is that it was none of his business. he only did it for the money. how is that not dirty???????????????????????????????????????? there was no moral justification for it. piont blank.

but i do understand, this happens every day. it is what makes this world go around.

now, i will just say, do you, and to each his own!
not trying to cause enemies

Listen guys. If the guy had kids then I would not have gotten involved. If he or his wife were in bad health then I would not have gotten involved. If they were selling their toys then I would not have gotten involved. I am not that kind of person. He is young, able and his wife works. BTW he has an older Chevy that he can still use for work. I still feel guilty.

you should feel guilty.lol

i am just saying that in all seriousness, it was none of your concern. your last comment is you trying to justify it, and when you have to justify something, then you know yourself you should have not gotten involved

Listen guys. If the guy had kids then I would not have gotten involved. If he or his wife were in bad health then I would not have gotten involved. If they were selling their toys then I would not have gotten involved. I am not that kind of person. He is young, able and his wife works. I still feel guilty.

Don't sweat it! None of that changes anything. I will never forget when I was 15 and my buddies dad telling us the story about his friend in high school. Bought himself a new car then the following month he had some wheels put on. Month after that they repoed the car and the wheels because he wasn't making the payment. I don't even know if it was true, but its stuck in my head forever.

Speaking of oppinions, maybe you go back a few posts and read mine.

i am just saying that in all seriousness, it was none of your concern. your last comment is you trying to justify it, and when you have to justify something, then you know yourself you should have not gotten involved

hey, i am only posting in reply to orignal poster!. do not make like you know me to say i would hide out too....

now that you say that. put yourself in that guys shoes'. i know damn right every single guy on here no matter who, if they took out a loan on a truck, and then was not able to afford it, maybe 10% would volantary turn it in, as it destroys your credit just as much as them comming to get it. every one of you would keep it as long as possible.

my main point is that it was none of his business. he only did it for the money. how is that not dirty???????????????????????????????????????? there was no moral justification for it. piont blank.

but i do understand, this happens every day. it is what makes this world go around.

now, i will just say, do you, and to each his own!
not trying to cause enemies
No enemies created. As a builder myself I see guys trying to leapfrog the experience train, by leasing themselves everything to appear to know what they're doing. Then they undercut legitimate longtime builders lose there shirts and we're supposed to feel sorry for them. Sorry no sympathy here.

im not a snitch....and you cant pay me to be one.....i mind my own business and let people deal with their own issues. glad ur not my neighbor...lol

nothing against you badard, but to each their own...

-best regards,
james

That is BS anytime we do anything we second guess it. I don't care if it is driving to the store a different way.

The guy lost his Truck because he did not pay for it, last I checked it is part of the Loan Documents when you sign and drive off with the vehicle. "PAY OR WE WILL COME GET OUT COLLATERAL" It does not say we Might, it says we WILL.

Badart get on down the road with it and have fun picking your teeth with the steak bones!

Speaking of oppinions, maybe you go back a few posts and read mine.

what, are you an ***? i did read all your posts!. YOU ARE THE ONE WHO WENT BACK AND ADDED TO IT. after the fact! WHAT GIVES?

That is BS anytime we do anything we second guess it. I don't care if it is driving to the store a different way.

The guy lost his Truck because he did not pay for it, last I checked it is part of the Loan Documents when you sign and drive off with the vehicle. "PAY OR WE WILL COME GET OUT COLLATERAL" It does not say we Might, it says we WILL.

Badart get on down the road with it and have fun picking your teeth with the steak bones!

you are trying to compare apple to oranges. unless the o.p does it daily in life (which i doubt)

Maybe he is spending the loan/truck money on ho's??? I would have told the repo guy I will phone you when the truck is home and then setup the video camera....catching the wife going off the deep end would have been priceless LOL Oh im broke but I own my truck....the house, well the bank owns that!!

im not a snitch....and you cant pay me to be one.....i mind my own business and let people deal with their own issues. glad ur not my neighbor...lol

-best regards,
james

Come on is that really true or does it just depend on the situation? What if the guy was beating down on his wife in the front yard. Do you mind your own business? Or maybe he kicks the **** out of his dog when he gets drunk every Friday evening.

lol... I grew up in the bad part of town

There's another one.
He did the right thing when asked and they offered to pay him for it AFTER the fact. (from what I read)
I'd bet you anything that if they said "I'll give you 500 to turn in your neighbor he would not have told them anything.
I hope you dont "mind your own business" if you see a violent crime and don't give a description because it doesn't involve you.
Gees
Everything around us is ALL of our business, our prosperity, or our downfall.
It's ALL our choice.

-regards,
james

you are trying to compare apple to oranges. unless the o.p does it daily in life (which i doubt)

Ok so if the Cops were looking for your neighbor who was a suspect in a Rape/Robbery or Child abduction, you would not get involved because it is none of your concern right??

I bet you are going to say that is different, but it would not be different because you don't get involved in anything that is none of your concern.......right?

That right there is BS.

The long and short of it is, people who do not pay their debts drive intrest rates and prices up for those of us who do. It's cold mathematics. It's fact. My wife, Kitty has been in the legal field almost 20 years doing collections, skip tracing, liens and such. Rest assured, he knew of his arrears and he was way more than a couple of months behind. Now, all that is the LEGAL fact. Having said all that, I would not have done that to my neighbor. The Bible says we are to love our neighbor as we love ourselves.......but I don't hold it against you for doing it. We all would handle that differently and you did what was right for YOU. Good on you for standing up for what you believe.

I gave you a heads up that I did add to it too.
I just don't like people that jump on people who are down like you did.
Obviously this person opened up about something that was pretty personal and you dump that psyco (don't care whats happening around me) because it's not my business **** on him.
He did the right thing as a man and as a usefull member of ALL our society and I'm proud to have a person on this planet like him.
People like you, just add to the worlds problems.
And yes, like it or not it's not just you or me, or a county, or a state.
Like I said before, the problem with this world today.
Now you think I'm an ***, and I coudn't trust a person that has your oppinon of all of it.

There we are.

what, are you an ***? i did read all your posts!. YOU ARE THE ONE WHO WENT BACK AND ADDED TO IT. after the fact! WHAT GIVES?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back