I had to rat on someone for the first time ever

-
You did what you felt you had to do, kudos for taking a stand. That being said, I have found over the years it is best to just stick to what is your job description. If you're not a manager then don't get involved in what you think is best for the department.

Remember you are working for a big machine, all kinds of stuff goes on, and they can get rid of you in a heartbeat.

Thanks guys, I figured I was doing the right thing, I've just never had to tell on anyone before. Usually I handle things myself when something is going on at work. Like if a coworker is being lazy and I have to pick up their slack, I'll tell them face to face instead of going to a supervisor. It's always worked out better in the end for me. I couldn't do that in this situation.

abodyjoe, as far as me stealing time to watch his, yeah I guess I did steal about 5 minutes. Do you want your .00001 cent back? It's my job to fix attendance errors and when I noticed he had a very clean attendance sheet when he's hardly even here, I started to wonder. Then again since you're so worried about me stealing time, I guess I could have just let it go on. Instead of me stealing a couple minutes to catch it, I could just let him continue to steal thousands of dollars.

To the other poster who can't stand people who say "its not my job"...well I'm not that type of person either. I actually like doing work outside of my job description because its just added experience I can put on my resume. It's one thing to help out in other areas when they get swamped and a totally different thing when you're being asked to cover up for someones laziness and stupidity.

This is only the first, I hear you get used to it over time.

DareDevil, the majority listens to the speaker, the minority, their own interpreter...

I say watch your back.He could come back with a gun.There are crazeys out there you already know.

stealing is stealing my man.

Ok I'm just going to let you win this one instead of being baited into a ridiculous argument. :sleepy1:

I don't think the race card will get pulled here. If it does then it wont really matter because there is already proof of stealing time.

The racist thoughts some of you guys are having are funny because in this case, they are true. His cultural beliefs make him think that everyone (especially women) should do everything for him like he is some type of king. He thinks life should be handed to him on a silver platter because of who he is.

Whats funny is that there are two other engineers in my area that are from the same country and about the same age as him. They are two of the nicest and smartest guys we have here. They work hard and if they wanted to, they could easily go out in the private sector and make a lot more money. Instead they stay here because they are passionate about what they do and they like being a part of a system that helps keep the people of this state safe.

The racist thoughts some of you guys are having are funny because in this case, they are true. His cultural beliefs make him think that everyone (especially women) should do everything for him like he is some type of king. He thinks life should be handed to him on a silver platter because of who he is.

Nothing funny about it at all...sadly its true and needs to be dealt with accordingly...

stealing is stealing my man.
Doesn't sound like our friendly member is stealing from the tax payers.. His job is to fix attendance issues and this clearly seems to be one.

So... that would mean he was doing his job? Hmmm... weird.

carry on.

in reply to the race issues cant we just throw out the race card and just be ppl? why do ppl keep beating the dead horse of race? if ypur doing something wrong idgaff wat race you are you can be the worlds first known martian from mars if your doing something wrong its wrong. if i say youre annoying its not cause your black white mexican cuban idc youre just plain fing annoying ppl should quit being scared to say something if something is wrong just cause of race. cant we all just get along and know wats right and wrong?

Do you really think he would cover for you if you pulled some sh%t. No way. He would hang you out to make himself look like a real "company man".

He's a thief. Drop a dime on them everytime.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlY-JlE5ZCo"]YouTube - Pink Floyd - Us And Them[/ame]

Love it , Pukes stealing more of my hard earned tax dollars... I sooo want to get out of Kalifornia. Why not send an anonymous letter to the higher ups? If ignored continue to send until someone reacts. Or secretly video or voice record his trespasses for evidence.

in reply to the race issues cant we just throw out the race card and just be ppl? why do ppl keep beating the dead horse of race? if ypur doing something wrong idgaff wat race you are you can be the worlds first known martian from mars if your doing something wrong its wrong. if i say youre annoying its not cause your black white mexican cuban idc youre just plain fing annoying ppl should quit being scared to say something if something is wrong just cause of race. cant we all just get along and know wats right and wrong?

No we can't..they use it all the time and this WHITE boy is sick of it,they think they're entitled to everything in this country and we the taxpayers should/do foot the bill for it..when my Dad came here from Canada he worked his butt off to raise TEN kids and worked to support all of us,getting help from NO ONE!!!..all these minorities come to this country and the bleeding hearts hand them everything,get on welfare have a dozen kids,food stamps ect ect..and ME the taxpayer foots the bill for them..**** really needs to stop!!!

I work my *** off, have had a job since I was 15, have held the same job for over 10 years and pay my own way....and probably yours too.

You people just don't get it, the more you mouth off your BS , the more 'be nice' threads are pop up with more restrictions placed on the board..

I can tell others with different views than your own eats you alive inside, but have some self control already...the 1st damned response is verbal diarrhea, come on already!!!!!:rambo:

enough with the impulse posts, I mean..do you pee yourself the instant you feel like going??

im not racist im just trying to say that we are all equal as the human race we dont have to all be the same but we should all be treated equally with respect in a human aspect and as humans we should get along.

and to he who said race card no race car yes i agree

It's my job to fix attendance errors and when I noticed he had a very clean attendance sheet when he's hardly even here, I started to wonder. Then again since you're so worried about me stealing time, I guess I could have just let it go on. Instead of me stealing a couple minutes to catch it, I could just let him continue to steal thousands of dollars.
If he WAS actually falsifying time reports, that IS stealing. It is also a FEDERAL crime.

theyre shouldnt be any special college fund is should just be a grant for those who are interested in higher learning who have low incomes period.

Hey I know that guy. His twin boys have a rare disease and live at the hospital 24-7. When to boys get a new cd, all the kids there get one.
Just my imagination at work.
You acted on what you saw or thought you saw. Use the edit button to change "had to" to "chose to".
Good luck

-
Back