I hate to admit it, BUT

-
The second ticket I ever got (in 1975 with a stock 273 2 bbl. with dual exhausts) was for "Exhibition driving, Show of acceleration."

LMAO.
So you were an exhibitionist??????
And a car can’t “show acceleration”.
I guess your acceleration must be unperceivable to the NAKED eye to be legal. (sorry)

The media/gov really needs to change the terminology from street racing to just plain old wreckless driving-these punks dont even know how to race around here!.Hell even at the track the anoouncers make fun of half of them for their prostock burnouts and 16 second runs,its a fad like saggy pants and sideways hats but the problem is cars can be deadly weapons.I still get on it on public roads when the time is right but I do refuse to race the ricers here because if for some chance i did get caught I dont want to be lumped in with the likes of them.Judging from alot of experience the officers around here seem to recognize the difference between punks in ricers and men in muscle cars.

i can't speak for anyone but myself, but i can tell you
the day i'm afraid to roast a tire is the day i quit driving.
i'm glad i live in the country and the law isn't overseeing
my life.
i would not like to see a day when i am scared into submission. :sad8:

I got one thing to say on this subject, I didn't do the Demon so I could sit and look at it. Jack, sometimes ya just got to do what needs to be done and if that means killing a fart can then so be it. When this puppy stops making my heart go thump-thump I'll sell it. Opps I guess that was 3 things.

Terry:burnout:

I am so glad that the strip is 3 miles from the house. It's probobly why I built my car. It is fun to go up there and run those little rice cars when they happen to wind up next to you in the lanes. But development is starting to encroach on our local strip, these idiots are building million dollar homes in view of Bandimere speedway. How long do you think it will be before they make it close down? Then where do we go? Back to the streets? These developers have been the death of drag strips all over, and yet they don't want any racing on the streets.

I am so glad that the strip is 3 miles from the house. It's probobly why I built my car. It is fun to go up there and run those little rice cars when they happen to wind up next to you in the lanes. But development is starting to encroach on our local strip, these idiots are building million dollar homes in view of Bandimere speedway. How long do you think it will be before they make it close down? Then where do we go? Back to the streets? These developers have been the death of drag strips all over, and yet they don't want any racing on the streets.

That's what happened to Baylands in Fremont, CA. They were unable to renew the lease on the racetrack and now the area is almost completely developed. The proposed Oakland A's stadium project will use up the remaining land that the track was on.

I remember when they shut the track down, street racing skyrocketed in the area. It was mainly done in the industrial areas of town on the weekends. It was great for a while, almost all muscle cars. Then too many spectators started showing up. One night, a girl was killed when she ran across the street in the middle of a race...and that was the end of that. I would say keep it on the track, but there's isn't one around here anymore.

adriver, yes if you race someone and one person is hurt or killed the state goes after the other person because they say they had a hand in what happened to the other person by being an accomplice to the crime.

Chuck

I would have probably done the same thing......Dust the ricer with my 73-340 Duster.....then there were times that I've had them pull up at the light and I just give them the 'thumbs down' sign......meaning that I don't want to waste my time with them..........Not a challange in the least.
On the safety side of burning ricers or any street racing, it could be VERY dangerous and someone get killed or paralyzed for life just for being foolish about wanting to prove a point of 'who is faster'.
Just my 2cents worth.
Greg..........mtn_jake

It's been interesting reading everybody's response's in this post. To put everybodies minds at ease, there was only one other car in the area and it was 50 ft to my side coming in the opposite direction but stopped at the same light. I would have to really screw up to touch him and I don't have 1500 HP to screw up that bad. It really sucks not having a track reasonably close, not only is there a lot of travel time involved, it is a big expense after you take into account a hotel for a night, food, gas and a trailer I don't have. Next summer I will get to the track at least once. I live in a very rural area, so going down the road and smoking the tires is no big deal. Heck, it costs me $30 bucks just to drive the car to town for cruise nights. LOL We only see a cop here once a week. I feel sorry for you guy's that live in the big city with a cop at every corner. It makes it hard to have a little fun.

Jack

340mopar,

I lived in Washington State for a few years. I liked a lot about the place but I also understand the “culture” there.

That law is about a logical as one that says if someone breaks into my house , steals my gun and commits a crime with it that I had a hand in the crime because I didn’t secure the gun.
I didn’t make the other person “race” any more than I would make someone exceed the speed limit on the interstate by speeding myself.
I’m not saying I don’t see the reasoning involved.
I am saying that I think the purpose of that law is to discourage street racing by any means , just or not.

340mopar,

I lived in Washington State for a few years. I liked a lot about the place but I also understand the “culture” there.

That law is about a logical as one that says if someone breaks into my house , steals my gun and commits a crime with it that I had a hand in the crime because I didn’t secure the gun.
I didn’t make the other person “race” any more than I would make someone exceed the speed limit on the interstate by speeding myself.
I’m not saying I don’t see the reasoning involved.
I am saying that I think the purpose of that law is to discourage street racing by any means , just or not.

Sad thing is it used to be pretty sane aound here until the influx of people coming in-(well maybe Seattle hasnt been sane for a while)-but here in Vancouver things have gone down the tubes.House prices gone through the roof,strip malls and coffee shops all over,retarded laws-its a real culture shock to those who have been here for a while.

I had to wait like two days to read this post!
The site is back up and life is good again.

Being old and of sound judgment, I’m certain you wouldn’t have done this if the traffic wasn’t clear .
Doesn’t sound like much of race anyway.
In Washington you get charged if the other person dies?
That’s goofy.
He drives badly and you go to prison.
Yeah, that makes sense.
What if you just are going to get to 55 mph really, really fast?
If the tires don’t break loose and you let of the gas at the speed limit?
Is that still racing?
I’m sure it is if the anal cop says so.

Yeah, they can get you for rapid acceleration and wreckless driving, and whatever else they feel like pinning you for.
it really depends on the officer involved.
Most cool cops will most likely let you off if you were not full out dangerously racing at high speeds just because they can see what kinda time/effort you have in your car, but then you have your rookies and young guys that have no clue or maybe some personal dislike for muscle cars that may really make life a living hell for you and your car.
It is always better to keep it on the track, but you can't help to spank theese little punks especially when they flip you off.
I probably would have called him out of his car, then spanked him a different way, but that's just me.

-
Back