I have a couple questions and I'm in search of a cpl parts

-

casey3307

Reaction score
I bought a new windshield for my mother's 64 valiant vert. Is there a difference between a hardtop windshield and a windshield for the convertible? If so I made a mistake.

Also, I am in need of the chrome piece of trim that covers the base of the windshield where it meets the dash on the cars interior. I have no idea what the official name for that is or where to find one.

I also need new trim that goes around the boot of the convertible top. I am having no luck finding that at all.

Can anyone recommend a good place to get trim and emblems re-chromed or a site to get good reproductions or NOS?

I snuck this car out of my mothers garage 3 years ago and have been restoring it without her knowledge. There is currently a dummy car under the car cover in its place. She has no idea it's gone. I'd like to get it done and give it to her just before fall.

I have been looking for wheels for this car as well. Will 15x8 wheels fit on this or should I go 15x6?

Wheel Vintiques
Any advice or help in locating parts would be greatly appreciated!

Have a good one!
Casey

20140711_150426.jpg

20140711_150431.jpg

Last edited:
3 years out from under a tarp and she doesnt know? She'll surely be suprised. windshield looks same to me but vert owner will chime in Im sure.

my hollander says cuda 64-66,dart 63-66 and valiant will fit.hardtop,vert and sedan all the same.

Looks like a nice car to start with, good luck on getting it done for your mother. But really, 3 years and she doesn't know? Not much of a car gal, do you think she will notice the changes?

I tried to buy a 64 2 door hardtop years ago but the guy wouldn't sell it then someone he let drive it went across rr crossing and destroyed the car.

At the limit of 4 or 4.25 backspace, I don't think a 8 wide will fit behind those rear quarters. A 15 inch wheel with that 5 on 4 pattern will be special order. I would learn to love the 14 inch rallyes under it now.

The windshield is the same but the rubber seal is different between hardtop & convertible. I believe both seals are being re-made.

I don't think there's any chrome inside between the windshield & dash.

As for the trim the internet is your best resource. Put an ad in the wanted section here & watch ebay.

The windshield is the same but the rubber seal is different between hardtop & convertible. I believe both seals are being re-made.

I don't think there's any chrome inside between the windshield & dash.

As for the trim the internet is your best resource. Put an ad in the wanted section here & watch ebay.
I bought a new windshield for my mother's 64 valiant vert. Is there a difference between a hardtop windshield and a windshield for the convertible? If so I made a mistake.

Also, I am in need of the chrome piece of trim that covers the base of the windshield where it meets the dash on the cars interior. I have no idea what the official name for that is or where to find one.

I also need new trim that goes around the boot of the convertible top. I am having no luck finding that at all.

Can anyone recommend a good place to get trim and emblems re-chromed or a site to get good reproductions or NOS?

I snuck this car out of my mothers garage 3 years ago and have been restoring it without her knowledge. There is currently a dummy car under the car cover in its place. She has no idea it's gone. I'd like to get it done and give it to her just before fall.

I have been looking for wheels for this car as well. Will 15x8 wheels fit on this or should I go 15x6?

Wheel Vintiques
Any advice or help in locating parts would be greatly appreciated!

Have a good one!
Casey

View attachment 1715030518

View attachment 1715030519
If you are talking about the press-in rounded vinyl trim that goes on the windshield rubber at front of dash, I am looking too. I had a red piece that finished it nicely but I have not seen anything that finishes it off. I'm looking. If yu find something, I'd love to know.

As far as rims go without flaring the fenders and quarters or moving the leaf springs inward then 15 are not going to work
The chrome pieces for the cover when the top is down are not being reproduced as far as I'm aware of. So if you don't need to touch them leave them alone or do what you can with them in place.
Are you sure your mom isn't allowing you to think she is oblivious to what's going on? After all she's getting her car done for her in the end. NEVER underestimate a women even Mom's.

-
Back