I lost my bestfriend last night!

-

68valiant400

Reaction score
i had to do the hardest thing i have ever had to do last night i had to put down my lifetime bestfriend my dog Panda, she was a bichon frise that i had for over 18 years by my side, she was a little dog but had the attitude of a great dane, i cant write too much more its too hard but wanted to share with all my fabo friends i know some of you have also lost there dogs.

i will never forget my Panda and i know shes in a better place!

Very sorry to hear about your loss.I think your right ,she is in a better place.

sorry about that man my parents had to put down 3 of our dogs before we moved cause of there medical condition it sucks

You're right - it's one of the hardest things you'll ever have to do. Remember the good times. Always remember the good times.

That sux I know what your are goin through it almost happened to my little buddy just over a week ago. I am sorry for your loss.

Ugh, I hate losing a pet it almost doesnt seem like it would be so hard until it happens. Im so sorry for your loss buddy.

i had to do the hardest thing i have ever had to do last night i had to put down my lifetime bestfriend my dog Panda, she was a bichon frise that i had for over 18 years by my side, she was a little dog but had the attitude of a great dane, i cant write too much more its too hard but wanted to share with all my fabo friends i know some of you have also lost there dogs.

i will never forget my Panda and i know shes in a better place!

I feel for you man. I have three dogs around the same age so one day I will have to make the hard decision also.

I hate to hear that. I had to do the same thing not long ago to a black lab and for 14 years. I wasn't going to get another dog but now I have a chocolate lab. It's a long story but God made sure I had to have this dog. LOL So maybe just getting another one is the answer. It made me feel better anyways.

I'm sorry too for your loss. It is so very hard to let go of our fur babies. We had to let our poodle/spitz go this past May. She was 16 and such a permanent part of our everyday lives.

I read an email recently that said something to the effect of dogs don't get to stay as long as their humans because they already know how to love unconditionally. Humans stay longer on this Earth so they can learn it. I'd have to agree.

I'm so sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and your family. RIP Panda.

The fall season seems so hard on pets and people too. I can't count on both hands how times I've heard this in the last month or so not only here on FABO but from friends all over the country.

It's truly heart breaking and it never gets easier. I've been through it 3 times already. Why do we do it? Here's a little something I found written by Rudyard Kipling:

The Power of the Dog

There is sorrow enough in the natural way
From men and women to fill our day;
And when we are certain of sorrow in store,
Why do we always arrange for more?
Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.

Buy a pup and your money will buy
Love unflinching that cannot lie--
Perfect passsion and worship fed
By a kick in the ribs or a pat on the head.
Nevertheless it is hardly fair
To risk your heart to a dog to tear.

When the fourteen years which Nature permits
Are closing in asthma, or tumour, or fits,
And the vet's unspoken prescription runs
To lethal chambers or loaded guns,
Then you will find--it's your own affair--
But ... you've given your heart to a dog to tear.

When the body that lived at your single will,
With its whimper of welcome, is stilled (how still!)
When the spirit that answered your every mood
Is gone--wherever it goes--for good,
You will discover how much you care,
And will give your heart to a dog to tear.

We've sorrow enough in the natural way,
When it comes to burying Christian clay.
Our loves are not given, but only lent,
At compound interest of cent per cent.
Though it is not always the case, I believe,
That the longer we've kept 'em, the more do we grieve:
For, when debts are payable, right or wrong,
A short-term loan is as bad as a long--
So why in--Heaven (before we are there)
Should we give our hearts to a dog to tear?

Rudyard Kipling

We do it because there is so much to learn from dogs. They are ultimately loyal and love unconditionally. They fight at the drop of a hat and make love with wild abandon.

I want to be a dog.

Sorry for your loss. We always say a dogs love is unconditional and that we humans cant possibly love unconditionally. Well when it comes to our pets it seems that we are certainly capable of it. It sounds like you loved your pup unconditionally and, in return, your pup had a better life on earth.

I am very sorry. I had to do the same thing one month ago. I had my dog Lucky for almost 16 years. I am still feeling that gut wrenching pain. Its ok to cry. I cried for days. Good luck. It will get better.

I am so sorry to hear this. Just like ramcharger, I have been through this 3 times and with our other 4, I know I'll be going through it again someday. Each time, I had to comfort myself by asking myself if I would have rather not had this animal in my life in order to escape the sadness in the end. The answer was & will always be "no". God speed Panda!

Thank you for sharing that ramcharger, It was a hard to lay my two best friends to rest. RIP Panda and thank you for all the love you gave to all the folks while you was with them.

I am sorry to hear of the passing of Panda, I don't have any dogs but I have a big tom cat who is my best friend. I can only imagine the hurt you are feeling but rremember, Panda is in a better place full of fire hydrants and chew toys.
RIP Panda:angel11:

I am sorry to hear of the passing of Panda, I don't have any dogs but I have a big tom cat who is my best friend. I can only imagine the hurt you are feeling but rremember, Panda is in a better place full of fire hydrants and chew toys.
RIP Panda:angel11:

And don't forget, lot's of slow squirells. :)

thank you all so much for your replys i knew i could count on my fabo people to make it feel a little better

heres a pic of my poor lil girl shes 18 in this pic

102_8861.jpg

When I was a kid my gram had a dog that looked just like yours.. I am very sorry for you loss.. thats so sad.. You did the right thing though.. I was faced with the same decision when I was 17 and made the wrong choice.. my beloved dog Angel was with me from the time I was a small boy.. She got sick when I was 17 and the vet told me I needed to put her down.. but I just could not let go.. I was devastated.. I flipped out at the vets office, and made my mom drive me back home (she drove me and Angel there) .. I took Angel back home with me.. in the largest grief stricken version of denial I have ever experienced.. she died in my arms a few days later... I have felt guilt about that decision ever since.. Im 41 now and not a day goes by I dont miss her, and wish I could go back and end her suffering the right way.. Now Panda and Angel are in a better place and running wild lol.. chin up my friend..

18 years is an amazingly long life. You must have taken exceptional care of her.

-
Back