I tuned up my grille and headlight bezels today

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just for fun today I painted the trim on my grille and headlight bezels. I used flat black model car paint and a small brush. Boy those headlight bezels are difficult to paint and I'm no artist. I would like to see the stencil that Ma Mopar used to spray the trim. It's subtle but it looks cleaner than the old faded and worn off paint. The first picture is before. tmm

Attachments

• 082901951122[00].jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 393
  • 070.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 410
turned out very nice, inspires me to paint mine, where did you get the bumperettes you added?

Nice job! It really defines the front of the car.

I get to do the same thing on my 64 Dart headlights and grill soon.

turned out very nice, inspires me to paint mine, where did you get the bumperettes you added?

One of the guys here had them. I have my originals but no cushions for them. These were so nice I just bolted them on. tmm

Nice job! It really defines the front of the car.

I get to do the same thing on my 64 Dart headlights and grill soon.

I think the idea with the black is to make the grille sections look like they're floating without support. The whole front was getting too shiny, like everything was chromed. Too bright. I like the new look. tmm

I need to do mine also Mike,but I,ll wait til winter time.It will help keep me busy over winter.Yours looks new again.:D

Looks great!
My Valiant has a lot faded detail black painted trim details too.
I'v used some of the black "trim" spray paint since it's not a pure flat black and has just a little bit of gloss to it. I sprayed it in a jar and used a small brush to apply it.

Looks great!
My Valiant has a lot faded detail black painted trim details too.
I'v used some of the black "trim" spray paint since it's not a pure flat black and has just a little bit of gloss to it. I sprayed it in a jar and used a small brush to apply it.

What brand is the paint?

Another thing I want to do is paint or replace the lower grille screws. They are rusty and they reflect in the top of the bumper. I didn't have any silver paint today. LOL

very well done. it is the details like this that really make a car look nice.

I think it was Rustoleum "trim" paint.
I got it at AutoZone I think.
I'll look for it tomorrow.

I've used model paint before..it doesn't last long outside especially if you drive the car a lot. But you did a very nice job..it looks great.

Thanks guys and gals! It was one of those improvements that took an hour and cost a dollar for a bottle of paint. It sharpened up the ol' Dart a bit. tmm

-
Back