I WANT ONE, "gotta hemi?"

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Nothing would please me more than to re-acquire our old family "Farmall Regular" and stick a hemi in the thing:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiRNRs0dvKk&feature=fvwrel"]Farmall f-20 with a Hemi - YouTube[/ame]

Our old Farmall, the day I DROVE it onto the buyer's trailer

14aykxz.jpg

A friend of mine has a 1957 front end loader which he put a 57 Hemi into. Pretty cool watching/listening to him open up the old motor while pulling trees around the yard.

I grew up on a 1950 Farmall H and 1935 John Deere B. While not the family H, I at least have one on the farm now. Looking for the right B to add to the collection (don't tell my wife! - LOL!!).

Not planning to put my 392 Hemi in either one though.

Ma Snart

Attachments

• DSC05215.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 510
  • My 392 Hemi Delivery II.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 560
That's a good looking old girl. I picked up a Farmall 100 (pimped "Super-A) but it's a WORKING girl. I use the front loader to lift stuff, plowing snow. Gonna have to rework the hydraulics pretty quick, and am "working on" a plan for power steering

Coupl'a years ago

343llk4.jpg

Ready for the snow that didn't happen this year. Used it once this year

2ew1wf4.jpg

Nice 100 with the loader and snow plow. I use to move snow with a H and loader, and I understand your plan to put on power steering.

Here is what I have used to move snow during the last 14 years at my current farm...

1) Most the time I have used my IH 856 with an eight foot blade. That works OK unless we get 3 or 4 feet of snow & drifts like we did last year.

2) A couple years ago my Company CNH aksed me test a small tractor and loader (CNH is the CIH and New Holland brands). A loader and a cab! I was in heaven until they came and took the prototype back. I have a blade on my Cub but it is traction limited with heavy snow.

3) This year I bought a IH 1086 with a cab and a an 8 foot snowblower. Now I am ready for those big snows, of course we got almost no snow this year so the rig sat in the barn.

Ma Snart

Attachments

• DSC04618.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 407
  • DSC03612.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 391
  • DSC06595.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 406
Had to rebuild the carburator on the H this week. Damn modern gasoline eats the insides of the old carbs. It's all back together today and used it to move some equipment around.

Ma Snart

Attachments

• DSC07865.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 302
  • DSC07867.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 312
  • DSC07868.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 317
I don't know whether that's a shop or a doctor's office!!

-
Back