I want to quit smoking

-

duckbuster

Reaction score
Help me out guys. I figured up the cost yesterday. I am spending about $1200.00 a year on smokes. That is a new set of rims(nice ones like centerline or weld), a camshaft + intake and carb, a big block, a new rifle scope, a hunting trip, or a bead roller + tubing bender or anything else you can think of. Guys stay on me. I want to quit but I may need help.

I'll tell ya how to quit....move to illinois, cigs are going to over $6.00 a pack!!!!!!!!.....about $4 of it is taxes.....now you got to be rich to smoke. The govt. says so!!!!!

I smoked for 19 years. This July it will be 6 years since I quit. I still want a cigarrette after all this time. If I was STUPID enough all it would take is just a puff, then it would be a couple of hits, then half a cig, and before you know it I would be buying a pack and smoking again. I am not strong enough to handle that puff and I know it. Therefore, I will NEVER take it!!
You have to get pissed at your self and you have to have some willpower. Cold turkey worked for me. Man up and throw that **** away.

The first day is tough. The second day is tougher. The third is a little better and after you hit about 5 days your done with the physical addiction and it is just in your head. JUST SAY NO!!! I found it easier if you don't have that cigarette in the morning, you have just gone 8 hours or so without one while you were sleeping. Get some sugar free mints or some gum. STAY BUSY!!! STAY STRONG!!!

My wife still smokes to this day. If I can do this while being around her I know you can do it. You will be amazed at how much energy you have and how much extra free time and money you will have.

Your turn Daredevil. :snakeman:

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Both posts, same here. I have to quit myself. When I forget to bring an extra pack to work, when I'm in N.Y.C. , the cost of a pack is approx $7 In the bars there $10 + !!!!! Nevermind the nudity bars. :wack:

Smokes in Ontatio have been $10 a pack and $70 a carton.Everyone seems to be running to the Indian reserves to buy smokes,don,t blame them..Prices are anywhere from $10-$30 for 200 different brands vary.The government is cracking down(lost renevue)Just Quit cold turkey,it,s the only way!I love one of the members captions...It,s O.K to be gay!But not to be a smoker!

Im in the group too. Ive been cutting back and working on quitting but I bought my last pack (hopefully) this past Tuesday and they are all gone as of yesterday. For me it was a carton a week at $53 x 52 weeks = $2756 a year. I know its not going to be easy but it will for sure be worth it in a lot of ways. Maybe Adam and Joey will add a new forum, "Kicking the Butt Support" lol j/k

I am working on it I had it licked before a bad ice storm hit here and lost power for 5 to 6 days and a pack of smokes was in my pocket.
I have been supporting the cigarette co for 35 years and know I am going to get them out of my life if it kills me. My wife smokes, But she said if I quite she will too.
340 Dart is right, I like the tooth pick thing but what got me off to a good start was hot showers and fruit and I went with out a cigarette for 6 or 7 days and like he said you will feel more energy after about 5 days.
I am with you on this duckbuster, Lets get this nasty habit behind us.
I think it is easy if you just say to your self I AM NOT A SMOKER it was some advice given to me here and it did help.
Daredevil will keep us in line.

Here is my thread as I am quitting
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=51879&highlight=quit+smoking

Haven't had one since the 13'th of Jan. I used the chantix thing also,with no side affects at all. It does affect differant peaple differant ways. Since then,I have put an extra $50 a week in a savings account.

Smokes cost a lot up here too, a couple we are good freinds with both quit and bought a one year old Chysler 300 with the hemi, the savings on smokes pays the monthly payment. Pretty amazing if you think of it that way

Hey Mike, I see you have your chicken back as your avatar. :)
Yep :cheers: I feel like that chicken will help move winter out and get spring in place for yall up there. and I mist my old Avatar:love7:

Im in the group too. Ive been cutting back and working on quitting but I bought my last pack (hopefully) this past Tuesday and they are all gone as of yesterday. For me it was a carton a week at $53 x 52 weeks = $2756 a year. I know its not going to be easy but it will for sure be worth it in a lot of ways. Maybe Adam and Joey will add a new forum, "Kicking the Butt Support" lol j/k

I am with you Badawg :cheers: Lets clean these lungs and fill or wallets up bud:cheers: Hot shower here I come and a good shot of honey to kick start my health habits. all we need to do is get past the first three to four day and just say to our selves that I don't smoke. Trevor's prayer went everywhere didn`t they.:love7:

You need to suffer for the first few days of not smoking. It will not be easy so you need to set yourself up. There is no real easy way out. I quit cold turkey and knew that the first few days were going to be pure hell. I also gave myself an incentive, if I quit smoking then I can buy the car trailer I always wanted. I love my car trailer.

I took Chantix which has side effects but worked for me, but what helped alot is no cigs in the house, my mind was made up that I was going to beat this habit and a couple walks around the block every day chanting "I am not a smoker" over and over. You have to be tough!

Duckbuster, as a guy that smoked for 16 years, you CAN do it. Self discipline and willpower are your 2 best qualities right now.

I am with you Badawg :cheers: Lets clean these lungs and fill or wallets up bud:cheers: Hot shower here I come and a good shot of honey to kick start my health habits. all we need to do is get past the first three to four day and just say to our selves that I don't smoke. Trevor's prayer went everywhere didn`t they.:love7:
Looks like your FABO grandson has some far reaching powers huh? lol I will say that for me the only thing that can make it work is that I honestly want to quit. I quit before for almost 7 years and rue the day I lit another 1 up and started again.

I quit cold turkey. Pretty easy actually, just use things like food and tooth picks to give you something to do.
My MMA instructor went to an accupuncturist. Cost him a little under 200 bucks. After getting needled up, he did not even have the desire to smoke. The accupuncture worked immediately. Never seen anything like that before. He hasn't smoked since then. Try it. It works.

They just raised taxes by 70c a pack here, so cartons went up to 47$ or so.

Did the math..

I should quit, too. :(

I quit smoking a stage at a time. It worked well for me and I haven't smoked for 15 years. I was smoking all the time, work, school, driving, at home. I quit in stages. At first I stopped smoking in my car, it wasn't that hard to do and my car smelled better and didn't get as dirty so there was some positive reinforcement. Of course as soon as I got to work or some other location I had a smoke but I got used to not smoking in my car after a couple of months. The next step for me was work at first I only smoked at lunch and not at breaks. It didn't take very long before I completely stopped smoking at work too. I was still smoking at home but I made myself go outside to smoke, well winter came and I wasn't thrilled about smoking in the cold so it was easy to cut back and almost stop. I got to the point that I was only smoking with friends in a social setting. Ya a smoke and a beer is so so good. But by now I was only smoking socially and it was easy to give up.
I was never able to quit cold turkey be it was easy to quit in stages. Good luck

I quit my beloved vodka tonics with no issues and i knocked down 8 - 10 a day but I'm damned if I can quit my cigars.

I smoked for 25 years. I must have quit a hundred different times and always went back to it. I tried pills, patches and cold turkey. Finally, one day the cold turkey worked. Now it's been a little over 4 years since I quit and it's well worth the effort.
The thing to remember is don't give up! If you fail this time, you can make it next time. If you fail next time, you can make it the next time. Just don't give up!

Chantix!!!!17yr smoker,A week and Half on Chantix Put Cigs DOWN it will be 2mths the 16th!!!!The first day out I wanted to stop at store and pick some up!!BUT I DIDNT I JUST THOUGHT IF I DID I DID ALL FOR NOTHING!!!GOOD LUCK IT TAKES WILL POWER!!!IT Gets Better

Been almost 24 hours now. I am awake because of a pretty strong craving. But not strong enough to make me give in. Come on guys I know some of yall are doing the same thing. post up, how are you doing?

-
Back