I went to Heaven yesterday!!!!

-
Check them rods see if they are the big beams. My '72 RR had them.

Thanks for the heads-up!

They may be, because the block is a July 71 cast date, so it's an early 72 440 short block. I'll let him know to check.

What engine is/was in your 72 RR?

My uncle's was a factory 400 car, we believe it may still have the original engine, but haven't crawled under to verify yet.

Did they make a 440 RR in 72?

Could the 400 also have the big beams?

Nice share, find, and thanks for all the pics. I'd be happier than a pig in shi! it I stumbled upon that, what a nice surprise!!!

Looks like there is one or two there.

Mopar%20City%20Pic.JPG

Wow! You slipped that one in on me and I just noticed it...

Here's the path that we took as I snapped the pictures...

They have it very well organized with cars separated by A-B-C-E bodies etc, and try to get the similar generations together also in each category

View attachment Mopar City Pic 2.jpg

Thanks for the heads-up!

They may be, because the block is a July 71 cast date, so it's an early 72 440 short block. I'll let him know to check.

My uncle's was a factory 400 car, we believe it may still have the original engine, but haven't crawled under to verify yet.

Yeah, was 440 single quad with the air grabber. The only picture I can find is when I was throwing a six pack on it.
I ended up with the '79 SnoCommander (and payments), she got the RR. But I still have the six pack!

I'm thinking they were using up the leftover six pack rods in the 440's. I doubt any 400's came with them though.

Attachments

• sixpack2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 222
  • sixpack1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 227
  • Dayco71281B.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 241
  • 70SixPackCuda1.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 244
Yeah, was 440 single quad with the air grabber. The only picture I can find is when I was throwing a six pack on it.
I ended up with the '79 SnoCommander (and payments), she got the RR. But I still have the six pack!

I'm thinking they were using up the leftover six pack rods in the 440's. I doubt any 400's came with them though.

Ok, that makes sense that the 400 has a different stroke... #-o

Cool RR!! :D

It sucks when the ol lady gets half your stuff in the divorce... :finga:

Thanks for the heads-up!

The GTX in 1972 got the 440. The 400 in the Roadrunner is a HP engine, I personally would build the 400 into a stroker instead of putting a 440 in. The early build date 400's had the thicker webbing in the mains that is desirable.

http://www.440source.com/blockinfo.htm

440 vs 400 thread:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/archive/index.php/t-131600.html

So you were throwing back a six pack??? LOL! :D

Very nice...

So did it have the air grabber with the 440 4 bbl from the factory, that had the single 4 bbl base that sealed to the air grabber hood? Then you installed a six pack on there. Did the air cleaner base for the six pack line up with the air grabber on the hood to mate-up with the seal properly? Without any further modifications, just swapping 4 bbl to 6 pack and the proper air cleaner base to seal back up properly to the air grabber in the hood???

Yes Karl, that place rocks! Been out there a few times over the years when I use to hunt in Lowden Miller and Franklin Creek state parks. Did they let you walk around the yard? I ask because at one point I thought that they stopped letting folks browse around.

Take care man,
Pat

Yes Karl, that place rocks! Been out there a few times over the years when I use to hunt in Lowden Miller and Franklin Creek state parks. Did they let you walk around the yard? I ask because at one point I thought that they stopped letting folks browse around.

Take can man,
Pat

My uncle has dealt with him in the past. He already knew him before we got there, we weren't just walk-ins from the street. I'm not sure if that helped us get in there, but we asked and they started showing us around. Then they called the guy who was showing us to help get the engine and heads rounded up, so he let us walk on our own.

We just looked as we took a quick walk through. My uncle was looking to see if they had anything else that he could use for his car. (console)

He's a nice guy and has a good racing history and many pictures from his racing around there. They had one real nice picture with him and 4 other racers back in the day, but it was so big, it wouldn't show well when shrunk down for a post, so I didn't take a picture of it, but now regret not trying to take it. Maybe if we go back there again, I will be able to...

Very cool place for sure.
Prices are only high if you don't really need it.lol

They need to go through there with grass killer. All that grass holds moisture. That's how they used to do salvage yards down here until they started crushing everything. Really cool.

And about the prices........."usually" I am the first one to squeal, but obviously the guy has the stuff. So if you have the money and don't want to wait........there you go.

So you were throwing back a six pack??? LOL! :D

Very nice...

So did it have the air grabber with the 440 4 bbl from the factory, that had the single 4 bbl base that sealed to the air grabber hood? Then you installed a six pack on there. Did the air cleaner base for the six pack line up with the air grabber on the hood to mate-up with the seal properly? Without any further modifications, just swapping 4 bbl to 6 pack and the proper air cleaner base to seal back up properly to the air grabber in the hood???

The grabber was factory. Automatic trans. Car was black with white interior and white quarter strobe. Bumper guards front and rear.

Had no, none, zero, what so ever GTX call outs.

Didn't have the right cleaner for it back then so I can't say for sure they would be direct fit. I suspect they may. Here tell a few '72 six pack RR's were built.

The air cleaner base was all I got with this six pack. Was off a '70 cuda from a guy in Yorkville in '78. It was a shaker plate but I sold that long ago.

Here's the original '72 quad cleaner...................

Attachments

• 72RR440AirGrab8.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 188
They need to go through there with grass killer. All that grass holds moisture. That's how they used to do salvage yards down here until they started crushing everything. Really cool.

And about the prices........."usually" I am the first one to squeal, but obviously the guy has the stuff. So if you have the money and don't want to wait........there you go.

I know. I noticed some of the weeds sticking up through the hood compartments on some cars...

That's good old mid west farm country up there; corn, grass, and weeds grow easy in that soil...

Cool. I saw an article that had three places in the US for used parts. That was one of them listed. Has TONS of parts! Nice to have in the area. If I can find the article, I will post the other two.

I want to go to Mopar Heaven too!!! Great pics KK :D

My uncle was looking to see if they had anything else that he could use for his car. (console)

Your uncle probably knows this already, but the console for his car is the same as the E-Body ones...

krazukuda, I think you mentioned that the guy might be interested in selling the whole place?

I think if he got a decent searchable web shop going he wouldn't need to. So many of these places have tons of stuff but it's only available to the people who live within driving distance.

If all of them did what the scarp yards here in Sweden did maybe ten years ago, get together and catalog their inventory and create a common web platform, they would start making money.

Hey! That's just south of Rockford! We have our only US customer there! I just might be able to go there some day. :D

I have to call to see if they have a decent rear bumper for the Duster. If so, I'll be taking a run up there!

I have to call to see if they have a decent rear bumper for the Duster. If so, I'll be taking a run up there!

It should only be 45 min to an hour drive from Naperville... :glasses7:

As long as you don't get caught in rush hour.... :banghead:

Cool. I saw an article that had three places in the US for used parts. That was one of them listed. Has TONS of parts! Nice to have in the area. If I can find the article, I will post the other two.

If you're not far across the border, it wouldn't be a bad drive for you....

I want to go to Mopar Heaven too!!! Great pics KK :D

Your uncle probably knows this already, but the console for his car is the same as the E-Body ones...

Thanks C.

I knew I had to get some pictures for the FABO gang....

:worthles:

-
Back