If you are going to sell your junk on here and won't post a photo

-
The bottom line here, and I’ve said this for years, listing the item is the easy part, and in the case of not having pictures, if you’re not even willing to do the easy part, how will you handle the real work of selling an item?

Selling stuff online is a job, hands down! You remove the item from the car, clean it up and inspect it so you can make an accurate description, photo it, write the description, research and come up with a price, and list the item. Then find a box that it will fit, some packaging to safely wrap the item, pack, tape, and label the box, look up quotes online or call shippers, communicate with the buyer about payment details, and send said item! All for a profit of ??.... now let’s talk about Fastenal for bigger parts!!

Point is, if you can’t, don’t want to, or don’t have time to do all of these steps and more, don’t list stuff!! Or better yet, take it to swap meets and sit there for a couple days at your spot looking for a buyer.

The bottom line here, and I’ve said this for years, listing the item is the easy part, and in the case of not having pictures, if you’re not even willing to do the easy part, how will you handle the real work of selling an item?

Selling stuff online is a job, hands down! You remove the item from the car, clean it up and inspect it so you can make an accurate description, photo it, write the description, research and come up with a price, and list the item. Then find a box that it will fit, some packaging to safely wrap the item, pack, tape, and label the box, look up quotes online or call shippers, communicate with the buyer about payment details, and send said item! All for a profit of ??.... now let’s talk about Fastenal for bigger parts!!

Point is, if you can’t, don’t want to, or don’t have time to do all of these steps and more, don’t list stuff!! Or better yet, take it to swap meets and sit there for a couple days at your spot looking for a buyer.

All most all worthless bullshit on this subject.
I just sold a 200 mile solid roller and had no pics. Even after he said he`d take it for the price I asked, I told him I`d send phone pics if he wanted . I am not dishonest in my descriptions .
If u guys have a problem w/ phone pics ---- you !!

I just sold a 200 mile solid roller and had no pics. Even after he said he`d take it for the price I asked, I told him I`d send phone pics if he wanted . I am not dishonest in my descriptions .
-------------------------------------------ALL !

I would guess nearly all the newer pics on here are from phones. My wife still uses a camera occasionally even though I am fairly certain her phone takes much better higher resolution pics. I often type on laptop and add pics and complete post from phone unless I have saved the pic to computer previously. If its a better item and I really need it, (especially on here from an establish regular posting member like yourself) I will ask questions and have the patience to wait for a pics -email or whatever. But, I would be much less likely to respond to a CL add with no pic.

All my pics come from my phone, a 5 year old iPhone5. I stand my my comments, and do things my way to avoid any questions or controversy. If you had pics on your phone, why didn’t you post them?

Well, I finally learned today how to post pics. Thanks to Cosgig. Very much appreciated. Kim

See, an old dog can learn new tricks!
There is almost, almost, no reason not to post pics in today's age. We all are on the internet here, so that implies we know a smidge about computers, We all, or most anyway, have cell phones. These are among the top cameras out there today. We all, most, are capable of logging on to FABO on the phone. (Some don't have smart phones......yet.) Attaching a pic from a phone is easier than on the computer. Not everyone has a pic of every part, but if they are serious about selling, they should. Most buyers don't even bother with a thread that doesn't include pics. Those that are that way, may ask for pics. Anyway, believe it or not, pics help sell parts. PERIOD.

I put my e mail address into my phone number listings and can send photos to that if need be. I sometimes type the text and follow up sending the photos from my phone to the post.

I always said I can text or email pics. A few ppl have gotten pics from me and have bought my parts. But also have bought parts sight unseen. Kim

A pic will ensure a cam is good? Integrity will trump a picture any day in my book.

A cam? Obviously not. But fenders, hoods, dashes, seats etc. Parts that can be described as not very bad in my opinion, may be really bad in yours. Integrity, yes, there are several members here with unquestionable integrity. The rest.......I don't know you from Adam......got pics?

I would guess nearly all the newer pics on here are from phones. My wife still uses a camera occasionally even though I am fairly certain her phone takes much better higher resolution pics. I often type on laptop and add pics and complete post from phone unless I have saved the pic to computer previously. If its a better item and I really need it, (especially on here from an establish regular posting member like yourself) I will ask questions and have the patience to wait for a pics -email or whatever. But, I would be much less likely to respond to a CL add with no pic.
agree on the c.l. add >

A cam? Obviously not. But fenders, hoods, dashes, seats etc. Parts that can be described as not very bad in my opinion, may be really bad in yours. Integrity, yes, there are several members here with unquestionable integrity. The rest.......I don't know you from Adam......got pics?

Like I said , phone pics available , need # !!

Hey I sold a rear seat out of a 68 fastback, and put the phone pics for that too , had a cig. burn in other wise a stock seat.

Here on FABO, for internet safety (scammers) phone numbers aren't allowed unless you are a Gold member and choose to do so. We get enough crap from scammers and telemarketers as it is. No reason to advertise your number.
My post was mostly about craigslist adds
The one I was talking about was a decent 2 seater go kart for 150
I send him an email when the listing was 2 hours old, and I was ready to hook up a trailer and go get it

He emailed me back 2 days later saying it was sold

All my pics come from my phone, a 5 year old iPhone5. I stand my my comments, and do things my way to avoid any questions or controversy. If you had pics on your phone, why didn’t you post them?
in answer to this question, I haven`t been able to transfer from one to the other > why I don't know ???????????

in answer to this question, I haven`t been able to transfer from one to the other > why I don't know ???????????
I use google drive. "the cloud" Google it HA! You share your pic with google drive and it magically appears on your PC that has google drive and then share it with the world from your computer.

I just connect my phone to my laptop via cable and copy them to my photo file. My phone was overloaded with photos and videos so I copied all 2500 photos and a couple hundred videos and cleared my phone out.

I get some of the best deals with no pics. Think about it... I'm already dealing with someone who doesn't know how to, or think to post a picture? So many people overlooked it because of no picture?
I overlooked the current truck that I'm driving for over a week because the picture made it look like a short bed. So sometimes pictures can be deceiving as well in a bad way for the seller unintentionally.
Food for thought.

My post was mostly about craigslist adds
The one I was talking about was a decent 2 seater go kart for 150
I send him an email when the listing was 2 hours old, and I was ready to hook up a trailer and go get it

He emailed me back 2 days later saying it was sold
Don't ya love it?

-
Back