If you are under 60 you likely missed all of this. I feel soory for you...

-
Guess at 50 I'm missing it again 'cause you seem to have to know some kind of secret handshake to be able to see anything on that obscure cult-site...

Some great photos. The neighboring town I where I grew up had a Main Street we used to cruise Friday and Saturday nights. Bumper to bumper fun!

I do recall a Scott Ligett from BangShift.com a few years back when I visited that place a lot.

The age of free love; look at our world now. In 68 I was just 15 and just coming into the scene; glad I missed the free-lovin' part. But loved the cars. two years later working atta gas station the good stuff started rolling in. It was a short-lived blip in history; but the consequences live on in infamy. 1970/71 is about where it peaked. I wonder how many love babies that blip produced..... and second gens and now third and fourth generations of babies with unwed parents, looking for the next better relationship.So many unloved babies, so sad.
Great cars, great times, great mistakes.

The age of free love; look at our world now. In 68 I was just 15 and just coming into the scene; glad I missed the free-lovin' part. But loved the cars. two years later working atta gas station the good stuff started rolling in. It was a short-lived blip in history; but the consequences live on in infamy. 1970/71 is about where it peaked. I wonder how many love babies that blip produced..... and second gens and now third and fourth generations of babies with unwed parents, looking for the next better relationship.So many unloved babies, so sad.

You think it was bad for families then, what about now?

Last edited:
I didn't get my divers license until the early 70s but we still had plenty of fun even though we weren't in California. Nights that lasted until 8 am when we had to go to work. Fast cars and faster girls, one night like that now would take me a week to recover from and back then we do it all week long. :)

I personally liked the free lovin’ part:canada:

IIRC until the 2000's the year with the highest rate of unwed pregnancies was.......1957!

Not sure why I remember that statistic.

That's funny, what year did "the pill" come to America? Was it 1960?
I never even met a bastard child growing up, until 1964 when my uncle adopted one. My Dad was born in 1927 into the middle of a family of 15 children,the last one of which was born in 1943; and not one of them had a child out of wedlock. Dad got married in 52. I was born 10 months and change afterwards,In 1957 Dad woulddabin 30years old, and that was the year my little brother was born,( no pill yet) the third in line. Then Mum got the pill and and the family stayed at 3 kids for six years. Then little brother showed up in 63, followed by a miscarriage and then a little sister in 65.But either the pill, or Mum's age (only 33 in 63), did something to those kids, cuz they were far far from her best work.
All thru highschool never met a bastard, even growing up in a French Catholic community. What's that supposed to mean? Well if you don't know it, Catholics can do pretty much anything they want all week long, then just go to mass on Sunday,confess to the priest, say some hail-marys, and go back to fornicating on Monday. I kid you not. From 13 years old they were or could be, on the pill. Some of those girls quit school early or moved away, as early as grade 10, it was rumored, to have babies. No idea if any of it was true.
All around me kids were pairing up. I lost two steady girlfriends due to me not putting out,one in grade 9 or 10 and another in 11/12 and had a lot of dates in the intervening times,that went nowhere, cuz I was keeping it in my pants.At that age, there was just no way I was gonna accidentally be a Poppa. If it could happen to my Dad in 63, I thought that it could happen to anybody.Twenty years later we had a high-school reunion. It wasn't pretty.

That's funny, what year did "the pill" come to America? Was it 1960?
I never even met a bastard child growing up, until 1964 when my uncle adopted one. My Dad was born in 1927 into the middle of a family of 15 children,the last one of which was born in 1943; and not one of them had a child out of wedlock. Dad got married in 52. I was born 10 months and change afterwards,In 1957 Dad woulddabin 30years old, and that was the year my little brother was born,( no pill yet) the third in line. Then Mum got the pill and and the family stayed at 3 kids for six years. Then little brother showed up in 63, followed by a miscarriage and then a little sister in 65.But either the pill, or Mum's age (only 33 in 63), did something to those kids, cuz they were far far from her best work.
All thru highschool never met a bastard, even growing up in a French Catholic community. What's that supposed to mean? Well if you don't know it, Catholics can do pretty much anything they want all week long, then just go to mass on Sunday,confess to the priest, say some hail-marys, and go back to fornicating on Monday. I kid you not. From 13 years old they were or could be, on the pill. Some of those girls quit school early or moved away, as early as grade 10, it was rumored, to have babies. No idea if any of it was true.
All around me kids were pairing up. I lost two steady girlfriends due to me not putting out,one in grade 9 or 10 and another in 11/12 and had a lot of dates in the intervening times,that went nowhere, cuz I was keeping it in my pants.At that age, there was just no way I was gonna accidentally be a Poppa. If it could happen to my Dad in 63, I thought that it could happen to anybody.Twenty years later we had a high-school reunion. It wasn't pretty.

I don't know if your Catholic, but if you are you don't have a clue about your religion. If you think you are forgiven on Sunday for your sins, and go back to the same old same old, then your sins are not forgiven. The priest says go and sin no more. What do you think you can fool God. Tough enough being a Catholic today without fools who think like that.

Life and the rules haven't changed it's just more open now, it was dirty little secrets before because there were jackass's calling kids basterds.

I got one thing to say.

Try growing up without a father.

Blah..Blah.. Blah.
Every generation thinks the following one is in moral decay.
Now its tattoos and piercings and more “Free Love” than anyone in the 60s got.

Your generation smoked cigarettes and listened to RocknRoll ! Lol

Honestly I am more worried about the current attitude of the general public and there support of openly immoral leaders.

I don't know if your Catholic, but if you are you don't have a clue about your religion. If you think you are forgiven on Sunday for your sins, and go back to the same old same old, then your sins are not forgiven. The priest says go and sin no more. What do you think you can fool God. Tough enough being a Catholic today without fools who think like that.
Nope not a Catholic; that religion is a religion of death, no better than the moslum faith. It is full of lies and deceit and leads men to the worship of idols and destruction in the Lake of Fire. And it took away from Israel, it's God-established calendar and has hidden God's time-table.

Life and the rules haven't changed it's just more open now, it was dirty little secrets before because there were jackass's calling kids basterds.
Not sure if you are pointing a finger at me, but Wiki says;

Noun

bastard (plural bastards)
a person who was born out of wedlock, and hence often considered an illegitimate descendant

This is a technical term, not meant to be derogatory in my post.

Noun
jackass (plural jackasses)
  1. a male donkey
    Synonym: jack
  2. (chiefly US) a foolish or stupid person
    Synonyms: fool, idiot, dink, dope, buffoon
  3. (chiefly US) an inappropriately rude or obnoxious person
Synonyms: jerk, asshole, bastard, *****

Every generation thinks the following one is in moral decay.
That's because the nation no longer has an absolute moral compass, having cast it away several generations ago. What we now have is morality by majority.
If the law says it's ok to chit on the street, the majority must have agreed.
If the law says 11 year old girls can shed their blouses, then the majority must have said it's ok.
If the law says it's ok to murder a nine-month old baby just before it draws it's first breath, then the majority must agree.
If one day the law says it's ok for a guy in a uniform to break into your house and take your guns by force, then it must be ok; the majority said so.
If the law then says if you resist,that it's ok to chop off your head; well
you see where this is going?
There is no longer an absolute moral compass; if you see two or more people doing something, then it's probably ok, there will soon be a law to support it.
In my youth fornicating was still absolutely wrong.As I grew older, everybody was doing it. It became accepted, as the citizens adopted it.Then the bastard children became the wards of the government, or they were just abandoned.
Now they have become our rulers, and given us more amoral liberties.
God is all but forgotten. People say they are Christian, but they know not what a Christian is.
They lie. Either with full knowledge or by ignorance.
I myself am not a Christian, because the Christian church has adopted the morality by majority freedom and has lost it's way. And I refuse to be a part of that.
I am a Believer, just as it was in the beginning, before Constantine put us all under the same rule and enslaved us all.
I don't care about smoking and drinking and such, that has nothing to do with my faith. If you are an unbeliever, you will do whatever unbelievers do. God has given you a strong delusion, that leads to the Lake of Fire because you have said in your heart there is no God. The Bible tells us this. So go ahead;burn.
But if you come to the knowledge of good and evil and commit yourself to the risen son of GodAlmighty; then your debaucheries have to be repented of. Why is that? Because we are supposed to strive daily to be like Jesus. And nowhere in scripture do we see Jesus getting drunk, or smoking stuff, or fornicating etc. He has the Ultimate moral compass, the written Law;
written by the finger of GodAlmighty.

-
Back