If you could order any A-Body new? What if question.

-

1968FormulaS340

Reaction score
If you could go back in time and order any A-Body new, what would it be?

(Normal production cars only please…… This thread won't be fun if it's full of 68 Hemi Darts and Barracudas.)

For me it would be.

1968 Dart GTS, 340, 4-Speed in White with red interior and red tail stripe.

I would want it fully loaded…. Power steering, power disc brakes, wood steering wheel, head rests, AC, inter light package and all the little comfortable do-dads……

If you could go back in time and order any A-Body new, what would it be?…

68 Barracuda Formula S Fastback
red
white stripe
Fast ratio manual steering
4speed: late car with Hurst shifter
no console
deluxe interior: maroon and white
light group
wood steering wheel
head rests
tach
red wheel well liners
rocker gill moldings
dual mirrors: remote drivers side style
manual disk brakes
simulated mag wheel covers with lug nuts through them

68 340 4 speed Barracuda fastback and then, just for fun and something to drive the "rest of the time", a 69 Valiant Signet 2 door, with a 318 4 speed, loaded to the gills with the heavy duty trailer tow package, with hitch delete. Gives you all the HD goodies in cooling, suspension and electrical. My dad ordered a Seafoam green Signet similarly back then, his first new car. Except being a family man he couldn't swing the extra $30 for the 4 speed....it survived until about 1980...about a year too soon for me to have gotten hold of it, instead of the total pile Duster I wound up with!
The body was still good, it just needed everything mechanical...so did the Duster!
Ya live and learn..
The fantasy depends on my imaginary income at the time....of course.

I,d like one of those 71 340,4 speed Darts(the rare Canadian ones)Hemi Orange with white interior,white tailstripe.

The one I got, 67 Barracuda, but maybe with a green interior- not sure what was available in green interior, dark or light or?
And I would have also got the mag wheel covers.

Wildcat's 1967 Dart Convertible

340 4-speed
White with blue interior and blue ragtop

Very nice car!

352_IMC_2007WOW7.JPG

1968 gts dart but with a 383 4pseed.This is a picture of the first car I ever owned.It was a 68 gts 340.The color was green green interior and green vinyl roof.The car had everthing. i couldn,t get the picture to upload. Mark

'71 Demon 340
EV2 / EV2
Mr. Norms Special Performance package as follows
Edelbrock 3X2 intake and carbs
performance valve train w/ adj. rockers
4.10 Axle with sure grip
727 w/ perf. upgrades
heavy duty cooling w/ external trans. cooler
Bucket seats w/ console
pedal dress up
A/C
Light group
Rally Wheels W/ Full size spare and RWL tires
AM/FM 8 track
Side/tail stripe W/ Sizzler hood treatment
Hood tach

I don't want too much, do I?

68 340-S Notchback 4 speed (hurst shifter). Black exterior with red stripes and red interior. Tach and no console w/3:55 sure grip.

68 340 Formula S ragtop. QQ1 Turquoise like Johns, with white gut/top. And of course a 4gear

a 69 Valiant Signet 2 door, with a 318 4 speed, loaded to the gills with the heavy duty trailer tow package, with hitch delete. Gives you all the HD goodies in cooling, suspension and electrical.

Exactly, In Red please.

69 CUDA 383 4 speed white and loaded to the gills

69 Swinger, 340, 4spd, 3:55 posi, either red with black bumblebee stripe and interior or B5 blue, white stripe, blue interior

75 A-38 Dart cop car !!

A/C
P/S
P/ Discs
Sway Bars
Duals
Rear Window Defroster
Big Fat Tires

'66 Signet 273 commando, 4 speed, Citron Gold, white (painted) top and white interior, loaded with every option.

I would go for one of the 75 '71 340 swingers. make sure it's a 4spd please.

'70 340 Swinger
FJ5/Mod top
Mod interior
4 Speed w/ console(I have never seen a '70 up 4 speed A body console)
Ramcharger hood w/ black treatment
Manual front disk brakes
A/C
Auto Pilot
Pedal dress up
3.91 sure grip
Tinted glass
AM/FM/8 track
Leather interior
Power windows and locks
Rally Wheels

Thats my two "New A bodys that I would have ordered. I would have traded a '67 GTX 4 speed on the swinger, and a '70 Polara convert. 440/4 speed for that GSS Demon that I posted earlier.

If I could have one any way I wanted It would be a 69 valiant 2dr 340 4spd and it would be made entirely out of stainless steel!!!

-
Back