If you could order any A-Body new? What if question.

-
Well, LakeAffect, if we both had one of these Valiants we's have 2 of the supposed 50 ever made...make that 52 ever made...if the 340 would have been available in a Valiant, I'd have that. Instead, I'm building one.

Stainless steel, huh?
That would be what , a Valorean? a Daliant?
A budget priced family cocaine delievery vehicle? The rebate is under the back seat...LOL!

I'd like a '71 Demon 340, 4-speed.
Citron Yella.
black, black/white houndstooth bench seat
Black Stripes rear/side
Black hood treatment on performance hood (scoops)
Black vinyl top
Go wing
3.91 grip
Tuff wheel
H.D. suspension with swaybar
rallye wheels sans trim rings (Sizzler style)
hood pins
Bright moldings (wheel openings and drip rail)
painted sport mirriors

That'll do nicely. Just like the one in my garage.

My 67 Barracuda. But I would not want the ragtop model. Just a regular coupe with a 360, 4 speed manual and 8 3/4. (which is pretty much how it will end up finished when I get to it) As far as colors...hell anything but the piss yellow it was born with or black. Black does not look good on the coupes at all!!!

Wildcat's 1967 Dart Convertible

340 4-speed
White with blue interior and blue ragtop

Very nice car!

352_IMC_2007WOW7.JPG

Thanks Tony for the compliment

here is a better picture

lowMuseum.jpg

Now if I could order any A body from the day................................... I think I would get a ..................................................................

69 Dart GTS 440 4 speed 3.55 suregrip, white exterior, white interior, red stripe, console, buckets with headrest.

I really need to build me a BB 69 Dart

The good thing about wishing is we can (if we can afford it) build the car of our dreams. Many times it will be better than anything that ever came out of the factory. I have an all original 1981 Imperial and nothing will ever get changed on it unless absolutely needed, but like my Dart, it was a slant 6, auto on column with very few options. Now it has 340, 4 speed, console, am/fm, PS, AC, front & rear sway bars, painted pearl white and ultra leather interior. It is what I wanted when i built it.

If I were to start over today on the same car, it would be a Big Block or late model hemi, K alteration coil over front end, 5 speed, white, white interior, white vinyl convertible top and red stripe.

lowMuseum.jpg

either a 67-69 notch back barracuda with hemi 4spd, disc brakes, rally/sport everything with all the extras -A/C of corse.

OR 70 dart raisin bran hood scoops, hemi, 4spd, rally/sport everything, disc, extras -A/C of corse..

probably would have one of the several cars i passed on as a dumb kid. First was a 72 Demon 340 auto, red W/black stripes,hood scoop, and spoiler, sitting on a used car lot in Omaha about 1981 or 82.still had bias ply tires, could have drove it home for about 2500.00. Second was a 71 Duster 340, auto, plum crazy, black stripes, spoiler. pretty roached, could have had it for a couple hundred. also an Omaha car. Was a brother in laws, brothers car.Third, passed on a 68 GTS340 auto, W/air, dark blue W/red stripe, still in Omaha i hear. Another brother in laws car, he talked me into a 6BBL 69 1/2 instead so it really doesnt count. Any one on here from Omaha?

I would like a 68 Barracuda Fastback Formula S 340 4 speed.

I have a 68 fastback now, with a 318, 904 and 8 3/4. It is beat to hell and been hacked so bad by all the previous owners...Body damage is horrible as well...

body in white cuda with a hemi and a 4 speed...wouldnt have it any other way

How about a '66 Ghia. Made in Italy body with a '66 Barracuda Commando drivetrain. Very cool looking car! 2nd choice would be a '66 Formula S 4 speed with every option known to man. 3rd would be a '71 340 4 speed Duster inviolet/black loaded to the max.
Mark

1971 340 Demon - auto on the column, 3:23 SG, green outside, black inside, rubber mat, no radio, no heater. A car with nothin but ballz.

68 Barracuda Formula S Convertible
4speed with Hurst shifter
8 3/4 sure grip
Console with woodgrain
Wood grain dash
Air Conditioning
Red
White convertible power top
Power steering
AM FM radio
Front bumper gaurds
Rear bumper gaurds
White deluxe interior
Light group
Wood steering wheel
Head rests
Tach
Rocker gill moldings
Remote drivers side mirror
Passenger mirror to match remote
Power disc brakes
Simulated mag wheel covers with lug nuts through them

Wow, there are some fantastic A-bodies on the wish list here.

Mine, if I could only have one, would be a 68 M code Dart GSS from Grand Spaulding Dodge. I'd want the car to be silver with no vinyl top, black lingitudinal stripes and radio delete. Then I'd want it built by GSD with dealer installed headers, tach and driveline upgrades.

Both of the A bodies I have owned but new.

My high school car. 70 340 Duster that was originally hemi orange w/ 4sp but it was bronze with a 340 auto when I had it. (reverse light on dash worked with the auto????)

Now I have a hemi orange 68 Formula S 340 that is that was originally bronze???

I wish I had them both today looking right off the showroom floor.

'68 GTS-GG1,green guts,green glass,disc brakes w/o power,longitudinal white stripe, 3.55:1 posi,small caps,340, torqueflite. Wouldn't sell it this time!

1968 GTS 383 4spd Black w red longitudinal stripe and red bucket seat interior with console.

1973 plymouth duster 340 six pack 4 speed for me please, or i guess i could live with a 67 cuda motor dont matter when they look as bad as that lol

This is a fun wish list. My avatar is close but neither car was built the way mine exist today. Starting from scratch I'd like these two.

For cruising: A 1969 Dart GT rag top. Bright red with white top and bucket seat interior interior. Loaded interior with all comfort and convenience accessories. 318 2 bbl, Torqueflite, HD suspension, disk brakes, power steering, E70 RWL on "recall" wheels, and A/C.

For canyon carving: 1965 Valiant V-100, 2 dr. post. White with a blue interior. 273 Commando, 4 speed, 3:55 SG HD suspension, disk brakes, Blue Streaks, power steering, carpet, tachometer, and let the dealer add the AM/FM radio. Go ahead and check the blank for A/C. Gotta be cool when I'm stroking it. (I'd sneak the Barracuda grille into it later.)

1970 Duster 340

4 Speed

Super Performance Axle Package ( 3.91 / SG / H.D. Cooling )

Disc Brakes

3 Speed Wipers

Dealer-Installed AM/FM ( only AM from the factory ... don't know why )

Deluxe Interior / Bench Seat

Fender-Mount Turn Signals / Light Package

Medium Green Metallic

Two-Tone Green Interior

Mod Top

Stripe-Delete

Aftermarket Add-On Stuff :

16:1 steering box ( Fast-Ratio Manual that was dropped after '69 )

Fenton Mags ( or are they aluminum ? ) in 14x6"

Doug's Headers

Side Pipes

Six Barrel induction w/ factory carbs ( not the G.M. versions that Mr Norms used ... )

Transistorised Ignition

Dealer Mod-Pattern Floor Mats ( 2 sets ! )

Just for the hell of it :

1970 Duster

225 Slant

4 Speed

3.55-geared 8.75" diff

Disc Brakes

Bucket seats / Deluxe Interior

Rim-Blo Wheel

Max Duty Cooling

340 Suspension

B5 Blue

B5 / B7 Interior

Mod's :

16:1 Fast-Ratio Steering

Sway Bar , rear

14x6" Fentons

Hyper-Pak-esque induction

Split ( 3+3-into-1 ) header

Compression raised to ~10:1

Lowered

This would be a fun canyon-carver !

If I can't order a 68 hemi cuda then I would want all of the 69 440 cudas that were made that year! LOL

But seriously, I would want a 68 Barracuda coupe formula S 383 4 spd car. No options, radio delete, heater delete etc.

.................4 me it would b a 71 demon......340, auto, 3.55 sure grip buckets/consol......panther pink, black interior......a/c......kim........my 2nd choice 70 swinger 340......3rd..........66 D dart...........

69 Dart GTS M code 440 with 4 speed, 355 SG. PS, PDB, A/C, console/buckets, am/fm. Red with black vinyl top, black interior, black Bee Stripe.
I would put a set of 15X4 and 15X8 Cragar Super Sport wheels on it, add a tach & oil gauge and drive it to hell & back!

George

-
Back