If you need new A body parts, buy them NOW - the Corona Virus

-
and now this

IMG_20200305_080337_340.jpg

How do you figure that the death rate is low?

Death rate of corona is .033

Let's look at the US, 9 deaths, 3 of which were elderly people in nursing homes.

When we are talking about 1-3% mortality rate I see that as being in the same ballpark.

But look at the flu numbers in comparison. A 1/4 million a year dying from the flu.

Let's look at the US, 9 deaths, 3 of which were elderly people in nursing homes.

When we are talking about 1-3% mortality rate I see that as being in the same ballpark.

But look at the flu numbers in comparison. A 1/4 million a year dying from the flu.
thats what is pissing me off so much with the main stream media. They keep pushing this 2% bullshit. What they aren't telling you is that, yes its a 1.8% death rate in HOSPITALIZED cases and that if you add in the cases of non serious, non hospitalized cases, that rate, as you correctly say is around .03 percent. And most of that in China where they're in poorer health over all anyway. Futhermore, they generally live in much much tighter quarters so naturally it will affect them the most, just as Ebola and SARS did.

thats what is pissing me off so much with the main stream media. They keep pushing this 2% bullshit. What they aren't telling you is that, yes its a 1.8% death rate in HOSPITALIZED cases and that if you add in the cases of non serious, non hospitalized cases, that rate, as you correctly say is around .03 percent. And most of that in China where they're in poorer health over all anyway. Futhermore, they generally live in much much tighter quarters so naturally it will affect them the most, just as Ebola and SARS did.

WHO Announces Coronavirus Mortality Rate Has Jumped to 3.4 Percent — National Review

can you post a direct link to this?
Anyone who “agrees” with an infographic that they can’t read the sources on deserves to die of the virus.

I bet you can trace this all back to politics. The spread of the virus hammered the stock market which somehow hurts Trump? People are working hard to filter the facts to fit what they want to hear. That’s an evolutionary trait that will be selected out of the gene pool, folks.
Has nothing to do with trump whatsoever. I said the same thing during Ebola and SARS. Both of which under different administrations and different parties.

people, including yourself apparently, are exaggerating and panicking over this. At least at this point. The only thing you can really do is make sure you’re conducting proper hygiene. China is not known for that.

And 9 out of 11 of the US deaths happened in the same nursing/retirement home in Seattle. Where the patients died of pneumonia as a result of the virus, not the virus itself.

Anyone who “agrees” with an infographic that they can’t read the sources on deserves to die of the virus.

I bet you can trace this all back to politics. The spread of the virus hammered the stock market which somehow hurts Trump? People are working hard to filter the facts to fit what they want to hear. That’s an evolutionary trait that will be selected out of the gene pool, folks.

And are you really that much of an *** that you’d wish death on someone over an ideology? Seems kind of 1930s Nazi like if you ask me. People can have differing opinions, doesn’t mean they should die because theirs differs from yours.

it was handed out to a friend at work. its a scanned copy. so no i don't have a link to it.

ok its not the virus thats killing those AMD parts. its slow sales on those parts....
https://moparconnectionmagazine.com...RqeWpIP98dpa7cV0cnIZu2fSXUH33TSTRxCMwJyDFMkMk
Many questioned if AMD was getting out of the Mopar game to focus more on their Ford and Chevrolet customers. We decided to reach out to Mike Gray from AMD and ask him about it directly in which he graciously explained everything.

Mike says, “We are expanding like the many in the industry. We just moved into our new 318,000 sq. ft. facility in Gainesville, GA to help us handle our additional growth plans. The items we are dropping are purely a business decision based on the fact that we are forced to run larger numbers of parts in each production run and many of these (very) slow moving parts were getting near the point of being re-run. We decided not to run them because the quantities would be giving us 3-10 years of stock on these items.”

^^^^^AMD is totally correct. Poor business to make a run of a particular part, and it takes 5-10 years for them to sell. Yep, big need for 66-7 B Body quarters. Yep the number of early B bodies gets slimmer every day. Most E bodies have been restored. Why would they have ever produced 2 Challenger hoods, with or without hood pin holes in the first place!!! Yep plenty of 73-4 Chargers out there needing metal.
I get an email 2-4 times a month from AMD announcing a new Ford piece!! I see Ford guys as way bigger spenders than A body Mopar guys too.

And are you really that much of an *** that you’d wish death on someone over an ideology? Seems kind of 1930s Nazi like if you ask me. People can have differing opinions, doesn’t mean they should die because theirs differs from yours.

You know less about history than you do about biology.

Yeah, my comment about the stupidity of “agreeing” with an infograophic because you liked what it was saying was extreme...but the extreme stupidity of people on issues like this is no joke.

You know less about history than you do about biology.

Yeah, my comment about the stupidity of “agreeing” with an infograophic because you liked what it was saying was extreme...but the extreme stupidity of people on issues like this is no joke.
Really oughta stop making assumptions. I have a degree with Dual minors in American History and World civilizations. Served as an Army historian for 6 years.

Currently 1 in 1 million people globally have the corona virus.

I wouldn't get too worked up.
There are Large speakers on every block, in Chinese cities ordering their people to stay inside.

Jim is right, supplies are going to dry up for many things that will not $$$$ be manufactured elsewhere.

If you expect corporate supply chains to be on point, shifting their suppliers back in January like they were responsible, you are fooling yourself. Management is dominated by bean counters-and those people don’t take risks.

All I can say is China is not a country to let a few deaths get in the way of progress ... if they are worried openly we damn sure better be !

The 2+% mortality rate comes from the CDC .
Now consider that the flu has a spread rate of 1.3 and Corona has a spread ( contagion ) rate of 4.5 !
That means if you have it 4.5 people around you will get it . And 4.5 people around each of them will contract it ... thats 4.5 squared ...and so on and son !
Then you have to consider the long incubation period of Corona in which people are contagious but not diagnosed .
All these small percentages add up .
And a up until last week or so only 500 test kits were available No local testing... so we have no idea how many carriers there really are !

I never get sick and am as far from a hypochondriac as you can get . But I can't help but do the math .

Just sayin...

:lol: OO NOO!!! people are getting sick, we now have another flu stain with a name.
Maybe if people would quit getting flu shots and antibiotics every time they get sick.
maybe just maybe they would have an immune system to combat illness.

Yeah, quarter million because third world countries!!!!
“The World Health Organization estimates that worldwide, annual influenza epidemics result in about 3-5 million cases of severe illness and about 250,000 to 500,000 deaths.”

Misquoting flu statistics is misleading.

It’s 60-67,000 deaths in the U.S. annually (for the flu), against 360 million people.

Which is .022333333 chance (2.23%),

COMPARED TO 3000 recorded deaths when Coronavirus had 86,000 recorded cases.
Which is: .03488 chance of dying (3.488% chance).
Sure, we have better doctors, medical facilities, for now-the resources run out, kinda like their lame asset test kits.

If you have faith in our leadership after they lie about how contained this is, are bribed into bringing infected people into the continental U.S., let infected people go free to the mall in San Antonio, then I have some beach front property to sell you.

This NEW virus (2 different strains) will spread, globally. It hasn’t had a year to compete with the flu yet. Globally people are getting shot and military/police forces are using deadly force to contain the spread.

If that right there doesn’t clue you into the danger we face, read up.

The flu didn’t spread to 70 countries in a few weeks since 1918, and then it killed as many as 50 million people (globally) or more.

Even if it is less deadly, with up to 9 days living on surfaces, contagious during its incubation period (THAT IS DIFFERENT From many viruses, including Ebola) -hidden for up to 14 days and in a few global cases 28 days-means it is going to spread everywhere. People whom already have had the virus have recontracted sickness-which they are not certain about/don’t understand.

Good news is in a few months, some place around Boston has a shot (?vaccine?) that will reprogram the RNA of the virus.

That in itself should keep the flu as the reigning champion.

wow!! my intention here was bring attention to the fact that: 1. because most reproduction collector car parts are currently manufactured in China, and 2. the Corona virus is substantially disrupting all manufacturing in China presently, that 3. if you need parts for your collector car, now would be a good time to try and buy those parts before they disappear. that was it, no politics, no discussion of "social hysteria", no debating epidemiology, not suggesting all the staff at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) should face a firing squad for "lying to Americans" - just talking about working on old cars. i will "reemphasize" - there are very good "economic" reasons why a lot of old mopar reproduction parts may grow hard to get or may be discontinued. the comments from the AMD spokesman is a prime example of "some" of these reasons. there could be other reasons - like the Corona virus or even more restrictive government regulation of imported parts. that's all i have to say, just trying to bring attention to a few problems being a "mopar or no car" person.

-
Back