If you're around 50 or older...

-
I had the 90s version of the easy bake for boys...creepy crawlers. When I was little I played with alot of my dads toys from the 60s I still to this day have his slot cars. I'm a 30yo kid I still love toys. Slot cars RC cars and ho trains.

Most of you are likely too young to remember the old lever operated Coke machines. Some of these were huge, and held a hell of a lot of product. Before I joined the Navy in 68, the first "no deposit" bottles had come out, and evidently were a little bit slimmer than regular bottles. A then friend of mine discovered that you could insert the dime or whatever, HOLD THE LEVER DOWN HARD, and let it up "just enough" to pull out a bottle, then slam the lever right back down!!!!! Empty an entire machine load into your trunk with ONE payment!!!

s-l1600.jpg

Great video. I spent a lot of time playing with an Erector Set. Wish I still had it...guess mom and dad got rid of it at some point. They were never folks that hung onto things that were't used all the time.

Erector 1913.jpg

I have the Super Etch-A-Sketch, several of the Fisher-Price toys, several pairs of Winchester skates (all with keys and straps), a bunch of Tonka trucks, and about 20 or 25 pressed steel Army trucks. I also have 1000's of comics, and I'm Sci-Fi toy dork. I love most space toys from the 50's-early 80's. But my favorites are from 60's and 70's.
I've also got an 8 pk of 16oz Pepsi unopened. I wouldn't drink it though, the Pepsi is mostly clear with black settled to the bottom. My wife wanted so bad to shake those bottles up. It took 50 years for that to settle, I don't have another 50 to let it happen again.

50? How about 56?...more in line with that stuff. Im 50 and I remember all that stuff but I had 2 older sisters so I saw all their old crap. And how many times did you slice your fingers on the erector sets metal parts? I had the double axle Lionel crane like at 0:52. My Uncles bank in Texas had the Coke cooler like that where you open to the top and put a quarter in and slide the bottle out the gate. Kids would bring a bottle opener and a straw and pop a top and suck it down before anyone saw them...punks!

Last edited:
Kids would bring a bottle opener and a straw and pop a top and suck it down before anyone saw them...punks!

:rolleyes: I heard of that being done :rolleyes:
I loaded a lot of bottles in those upright machines. Turn down the thermostat just a wee bit an when you de-capped the bottle an ice column would rise out of the bottle 2 or 3" :rofl:Witnessed a kid with a bottle opener and a cup drain bottles right in the machine too :rofl:

Whittier Blvd in Whittier back in 60's and 70's on both Friday and Saturday nights! Bob's Big Boy right in the middle of the cruising circuit. Most of the time there was a block-long line waiting to pull into the carhop service area. Races could be arranged there, but we had other isolated areas to actually race - Diamond Bar, the "box factory", Nabisco, and more.
Big Willie's boys, The International Brotherhood of Street Racers, would sometimes meet after midnight at York Field in south Whittier. There were some serious races arranged there.

WT Grants department store parking lot Friday and Saturday nights. Hanging out and fishing for a Drag race. This was in 1970-1975.

At 6 years old, when we first moved into my Gramps house, which Dad had helped build before WWII, we still had a hand crank wall mount phone. Had about 22 people on the "party line." Our number was 19F4, which meant 19th customer , our ring was 4 short rings ("Fast 4") This was about 1954

Exactly like this one

View attachment 1715240462

I still have one...all restored...

IMG_2185 (Small).JPG

IMG_2186 (Small).JPG

OMG the memories. .....

Thought I'd share. .....wow

Jeff

Thanks For sharing Jeff...now I Really feel F'ing Old! Ha!

I actually played with this Hot Wheel! Only one I kept. (Looks like a "Sport Special" with that burgundy/red rear panel strip, I believe!), Made In USA... And yes I remember all of the things in the video. Red Skelton was my favorite comedian as a kid.

Thanks!
Dan

DSCF4176.JPG

DSCF4177.JPG

DSCF4178.JPG

DSCF4179.JPG

-
Back