[FOR SALE] I'm back with my dual 3.5" speaker brackets

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody tried the Pioneer 4" 2 way speakers?

I know 2 3.5" fit well, but why not try to squeeze a little more out of it?

Has anybody tried the Pioneer 4" 2 way speakers?
I'm not sure about Pioneer, but several folks have reported to me that they have successfully mounted other brands of 4" two-ways. Above, you will see that I mocked up a pair of 4" Volfenhag speakers on a bracket used for early A and B-bodies - and that bracket is the shortest one of the four different styles I make.

I just received a supply of the latest addition to my dual-speaker bracket designs - one for the Ramcharger and trucks. Again, these are water-jetted from aluminum sheet stock, and as you can see, they fit like a glove in place of the old original single-cone speaker. Just add a pair of your favorite 3.5" or 4" two-way speakers and mount them right back in the same place.

If you are interested in one of these (or one for your A-body, or B-body, or E-body
icon10.gif
), please GO HERE to fill out the order form and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Jerry

Attachments

• SL373315.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 550
  • SL373320.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 520
Very interested!
I send you a email thought that form in the link above.
:)

Thanks, Clark. You do know we expect pics when you get around to your installation.

For those of you who are new members that recently joined FABO and are not aware of these dual-speaker brackets I make, please take a look through this ongoing thread and see if your sound system could benefit from an upgrade like you see here. I just got a fresh batch of brackets made and have plenty on-hand.

As always, if you are interested in ordering one, or if you just want to learn more about them, you can GO HERE to fill out my information form and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Jerry

I am interested in this speaker piece for the dash. Will it fit a 72 Swinger? I am new here to this site what does PM mean? My project is on the back burner also but little things I can afford.

Hello,
I apologize for assuming everyone knows what "PM" means - I didn't when I first started browsing web boards like this one. PM is the short form for "private message". It's a feature you can use on this web site to contact a member directly for a discussion on the side, without having to "waste" space in a regular thread. Especially useful when working out details on a sale, passing along personal information like phone numbers, etc.

As for the speaker brackets... I have several styles that work with all A, B, and E-body cars ranging from '63-'76 (and some trucks/vans/Ramchargers). They enable you to replace your old single dash speaker with a pair of modern 3.5" or 4" two-way speakers for updated sound systems. The closest thing you'll find to achieve stereo sound in these old cars, short of hacking up your kick panels or doors.

Quite a few members here have used them and can attest to their quality and usefulness. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jerry

Thanks, Bob, glad you like it. Would you mind telling me what the speaker model is and why you chose them. I am compiling a list of those speakers you guys use because one of the first questions I get asked when someone inquires about my brackets is, "What speakers would I recommend?" I don't like to give recommendations because I don't have first-hand knowledge of all the brands and models out there - just the Volfenhag my son put in his car.

I would enjoy seeing that discussion among all of you who installed speakers from various manufacturers with a wide range of sizes, prices, and perceived quality. It would greatly benefit a good number of members who want to do something with their sound system, but don't quite know exactly what they want to do.

I will get the discussion started soon in a new thread by using my son's car as an example, but I would like for many of you to chime in with your own experiences.

Got mine yesterday for my 68 cuda vert....looks awesome. I will post pics when I get around to actually installing it...

Thanks to '74 Sport!

The ones I used were 4" Boston Acoustics. I have had them for years and providing you wire in filters (bass blockers) they will handle virtually anything you can throw at them. I have been a bit of an audiophile for years and have had very good results with these as well as Infinitys and Rockford Fosgates.

I have been a bit of an audiophile for years...

It's always nice to hear from someone with significant experience in a particular area. The only time I ever did anything to customize a sound system in one of my cars was back in 1975 when I mounted an 8-track player to the floor of my '72 Gran Torino.
icon10.gif

Thanks for the input...

I can't find my post it must be kinda aged but I used power bass extreme 3.5 2 ways and with a little foam on the top it is a perfect fit. Now I have to find a replacement radio cause someone needed my unit more than I did. The bracket is perfect and I had no problems fitting it in the 67 dart. Thanks agaiin.

I bottom mounted 4" pioneers to this bracket. The ony thing i did was put three small washers between the speaker top and bottom of bracket. The cone of the speaker was hitting the bracket and making a bad rattling noise. The issue resolved it and they make the stereo 10X better because of this setup! Thanks for the great product!

Clark

You guys are great! That's what I love about a group of folks with determination and ingenuity - you always find a way to do whatever it is you are wanting to do. A bit of foam here, a couple of washers there - and it's done.

Thanks, again, for all the great feedback - and installation tips.

I just received mine last week (minus hardware...I bought that at local true value). This is one nice upgrade as well as top notch customer service! 5 stars from me! Here are some pics of my setup. Thanks Jerry!

Ken

Attachments

• 2011-12-30_12-02-40_974.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 481
  • 2011-12-30_12-37-39_680.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 478
  • 2011-12-30_12-02-17_682.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 487
  • 2011-12-30_12-43-51_515.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 478
  • 2011-12-30_12-44-05_368.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 462
  • 2011-12-30_12-44-19_180.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 483
  • 2011-12-30_12-44-48_320.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 483
Great step-by-step photos, and a very clean installation. I appreciate the plug, Ken.

Please post a price with shipping to lower 48

This is a good time for refreshing this post...

The brackets are always priced at $26 US lower 48 ($27 Canada), shipping included. I will discount multiple orders after the first bracket, so get with your buddies or car clubs.
This link will take you to an ORDER FORM where you can provide the necessary vehicle, shipping, and payment preference information.

I have brackets to fit all A, B, and E-body cars and some trucks/Ramchargers.
You can get more information by contacting me at [email protected].

I'll be getting a new supply of my dual-speaker brackets next week from the machine shop. Let me know if you are interested in one (or more) and I'll let you know when I have them in-hand. Here is a link to my REQUEST FORM if you are ready to order one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back