In a garage, discovered after 40 yrs--ugliest Cuda ever built.

-
OIP.p660wglpuSf54l7xFaCRDwHaFi
DsSgs72QHaFi?w=255&h=191&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.1&pid=1.jpg
GF_RacZwHaFi?w=256&h=191&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.1&pid=1.jpg
Yeah, not one of Barris' finer efforts...

From the link

“Nobody in their right mind would make something like that, especially not the younger bozo builders on a tight budget. So this will remain a strictly digital build. The only upside to that is that nobody can complain a perfectly good muscle car has been ruined.”
Oy- Ya got me. That'll teach me to suppress my gag reflex and read the whole article!

When you don't tub the trunk. Must have solid blocks in the rear instead of leaf springs to keep those evil tires away from the wheel opening lips.

That's the Rapid Transit Cuda. A huge piece of history.
Exactly, I think a lot are missing that fact. It's the last unrestored RTS show car. $$$. However, I'll agree. Every one of those RTS show cars was ugly (imo) But so is a Daytona and Superbird, and look at their popularity. Diff strokes, diff folks. It the history and importance more than the looks.

Guess you had to be a kid in 1970/71 when it was on tour to like it.....like I was.....

I for one like the Rapid Transit cars. They represent what the factory did to show people what was possible with custom bodywork and paint. They represent the screaming 70s. I also like all the cars represented here.......except that Jap influenced junk for the same reason. Does that mean I think they all look good? No, it means I like the ideas and the time frame they all represent and if somebody doesn't like that, then I just don't know what to say. That was the golden era of hot rodding.

not gonna lie... there's some stuff i actually like body wise. the interior is a little much. pink is fine, i'm just not a super fan of white.

i'm a real joe friday kinda guy when it comes to interiors, but i get the over the top look here and it jives with the whole car.

-
Back